We live in a society where looking good, leading a happy life, and feeling our best is highly valued. Nowadays, one of the best ways to achieve these goals is to adopt a healthier lifestyle, which can be accomplished in many different ways. Some choose to make dietary changes that reflect a more organic, natural or nutritious way of cooking and consuming foods. Others may develop habits centered on herbal healing, organic gardening, homesteading, eco-friendly cleaning, and/or natural remedies and health.
To research and read up on how to make healthy improvements in your life, below you will find a collection of digital downloads and e-books that promote healthy living:
Natural Health & Beauty
1. Healthy Lifestyle: Ultimate Tips for Healthy Living by Jordana Atkins
Highlights tips on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle by focusing on battling everyday stresses, dieting, and positive thinking.
2. Holistic Beauty from the Inside Out: Your Complete Guide to Natural Health, Nutrition, and Skincare by Julie Gabriel
Listing what products to avoid, what foods to eat and natural recipes, this guide concentrates on holistic nutrition, natural skincare, stress-relief, and how to lead a healthy lifestyle.
3. Hands-On Healing Remedies by Stephanie L. Tourles
Teaches how to prepare all-natural, effective, safe recipes for skin and beauty that includes how to make herbal balms, salves, oils, and liniments.
4. Tips for a More Natural Life by Penelope Hoyt
As part of Hoyt’s Homemaking Made Easy series, Book 2 highlights tried-and-true tips on how to lead a more holistic, natural life.
5. 475 Herbal and Aromatherapy Recipes by Demetria Clark
Provides ways on how to satisfy life-, health-, family-, and household-related needs by using a natural approach.
Healthy Eating & Cooking
6. Gluten Free Diet for Beginners by Michael E. Reese
A clear and concise guide that explores various meals, recipes, and benefits related to a gluten-free diet. Also includes weight loss tips, and how to save money on gluten free products.
7. Paleo for Beginners: Essentials to Get Started with the Paleo Diet by John Chatham
Introduces the Paleo way of eating, which focuses on eating low-carb, high-protein meals that remove all processed foods from a diet.
8. Practical Paleo: A Customized Approach to Health and a Whole-Foods Lifestyle by Diane Sanfilippo
Concentrates on how to approach the Paleo diet, including 30-day meal plans tailored to specific health conditions, such as thyroid issues.
9. Paleo Canning Tips and Tricks including 25 Easy and Delicious Recipes by Jenna Davis
Canning techniques and recipes made with natural ingredients and paleo-friendly alternatives that include meat entrees, and jams/jellies made from ripe fruits.
10. Against the Grain: Delicious Recipes for the Whole Food and Grain-Free Diet by Katie Tietje
A guide highlighting grain-free eating with 30 recipes that includes breads and desserts.
11. Treat Yourself: Healthy, Low-Sugar, Whole Food Dessert Recipes by Katie Tietje
Satisfy a sweet tooth with whole food recipes that incorporate sprouted flour, soaked flour, or almond flour, including several grain-free options.
12. Real Food, Real Frugal by Susan Godfrey
Illustrates how to cook and eat “real foods” while on a budget, including an arsenal of over 125 inexpensive, family-friendly recipes that use real food ingredients.
13. Raw Food: The Ultimate Raw Food Diet Guide for Weight Loss by Summer Accardo
Highlights the benefits of following a raw-food diet for losing weight, detoxifying the body, increasing energy levels, and boosting the immune system.
Natural Mothers & Pregnancy
14. Real Food for Mother and Baby by Nina Planck
Focuses on a baby’s nutritional needs, as it falls in line with a ‘real food’ diet, and raising a child on a diet consisting of whole and natural foods.
15. 201 Organic Smoothies and Juices for a Healthy Pregnancy by Nicole Cormier
Provides nutrient-rich, organic recipes for pregnant women.
16. The Natural Pregnancy Book: Your Complete Guide to a Safe, Organic Pregnancy and Childbirth with Herbs, Nutrition, and Other Holistic Choices by Aviva Jill Romm
A handbook on how to experience a safe, organic, eco-friendly, and natural pregnancy.
Natural Home Remedies / Herbal Healing
17. Natural Remedies: No Prescription Needed by Aubrey Azzaro
A guide on how to heal and prevent health issues with natural cures and remedies.
18. Herbal Medicine by Christine Adams, M.D.
Highlights 100 key herbs, including all their uses for health and herbal healing.
19. Herbal Antibiotics for Beginners: Your Path to Natural Healing by Dana Selon
Presents herbal medicines to cure disease, minor ailments, and other health issues, including 50 recipes for making your own herbal antibiotics.
20. Lemon: 50 Plus Recipes for Skin Care, Hair Care, Home and Laundry Cleaning along with Lemonade, Vegan, Curd, Cookies, Cakes and Desserts by ADISH Books
A collection of fast, effective, inexpensive, and homemade solutions and recipes centered on the lemon with many uses for health, food, and home.
Natural Cleaning Methods
21. Eco-Friendly Cleaning by Amber Brooks
Teaches how to save money and clean a home using all natural, non-toxic, eco-friendly ingredients that are safe for children and pets.
22. Kick Chemicals To The Curb! How to Make Natural, Healthy Cleaners for Your Home by Claire Bowman
A helpful guide on how to turn everyday ingredients into safe household cleaners.
23. The Naturally Clean Home by Karyn Siegel-Maier
Offers 150 easy-to-follow herbal formulas that accommodate a green cleaning lifestyle.
24. Growing Herbs for Food and Medicine by Lisa Haynes
Shows how to grow herbs, and tap into their healing properties.
25. Grow your Own Organic Food by Lisa Daniels
Highlights how to set up a garden space, choose what to grow, and how to effectively take care of fruit, vegetable and herb plants.
26. The Year-Round Vegetable Gardener by Niki Jabbour
Highlights how to grow food for 365 days out of a year, no matter where the location.
27. Organic Vegetable Gardening by Gaia Rodale
In addition to tackling topics such as planning, planting, natural herbicides, watering and compost, this beginner’s guide also comes with a free copy of “The Organic Gardener’s Calendar.”
28. Homesteading Animals 4-Book Bundle: Rearing Rabbits, Chickens, Ducks and Geese by Norman J Stone
A comprehensive introduction to homesteading animals, which focuses on raising four of the most popular animals found on a farmyard or homestead.
29. Urban Homesteading: A Beginner’s Guide to Self Sufficiency and Sustainable Living in Urban Homes by Jennifer Ross
An introduction to homesteading within an urban setting that touches upon topics such as gardening tips, homemade foods, and the basics.
30. Simplicity: How to Live With Less, Downsize, and Get More Fulfillment From Life by Brian Night
This box set of three best-selling minimalist books highlights stress/anxiety reduction, and how to declutter daily physical and mental obstacles to lead a more fulfilling life.
All of the above-mentioned e-books are rated 4-5 stars by reviewers, and can be downloaded for free or purchased from Amazon.com for a minimal cost.