5 Things You Didn't Know About FreshDirect
- FreshDirect's green efforts include a clean technology manufacturing facility in the South Bronx and the addition of electric vehicles to their delivery fleet.
- Based in New York City, FreshDirect supports many local charitable organizations, including City Harvest, the NYC Children's Holiday Party, and Makers of Memories.
- FreshDirect has filled in excess of six million orders for more than 250,000 customers throughout the New York Metropolitan Area since its inception in 2002.
- The company donated nearly 2,000 turkeys to various groups during the week of Thanksgiving in 2012 and has continued with similar efforts each year since.
- The company has an online partnership with Yorkville Common Pantry that allows people to donate FreshDirect gift cards directly to a NYC food bank.
How to Redeem a Coupon Code at FreshDirect
- Before you redeem a Giving Assistant FreshDirect coupon code, take a moment to browse the latest codes to find one that's likely to apply to your intended purchase. After copying your preferred code, click the link to FreshDirect.com. Once you're on the site, you'll take the following steps to redeem your coupon code:
- Select your desired grocery items from FreshDirect.com.
- When you're done adding items to your cart, click "Checkout."
- Under "Order Total," you'll find a box where you can enter your coupon code.
- Click "apply" after adding your FreshDirect coupon code.
- If you don't already have an account, you'll be prompted to do so by entering your delivery and billing information.
- You'll be given the option to pick up your order or have it delivered within the New York Metropolitan Area or the Philadelphia Metropolitan Area. If you live outside of the FreshDirect delivery area, you'll have to pick up your order.
FreshDirect was founded in 1999. The company is considered the leading distributor of fresh online meals in the United States. They manufacturer or prefer all food that is either picked up by customers or delivered in and around New York City and Philadelphia. The company's current base of operations is a state-of-the art kitchen facility located in the Long Island part of New York City. A new food distribution center and corporate headquarters will open in The Bronx in 2016.
As with companies like Peapod, YourGrocer.com, and AmazonFresh that offer similar services, FreshDirect delivers an assortment of fresh grocery items directly to residents within the company's service area, which was originally only the New York Metropolitan area. The company has since expanded its delivery area to include next-day delivery to parts of Westchester and Nassau counties and parts of New Jersey, including Newark and Hoboken. FreshDirect also has delivery areas around Philadelphia and in parts of Connecticut.
Groceries and meals are custom made by the company, with the goal of enhancing freshness by handling much of the manufacturing and delivery process in-house. The company utilizes an innovative manufacturing process called "Just In Time," a manufacturing and production process designed to reduce waste and improve overall quality and freshness.
Fruit and vegetable selections grown locally and processed for shipment as quickly as possible to retain freshness. Popular selections include apples, bananas, berries, and beans and peas. There's also a wide selection of root vegetables and specialty foods, including rhubarb, sea beans, organic fennel, and white asparagus.
The company's rapid delivery process allows for a diverse selection of dairy products. In addition to staples like milk, eggs, and juice, the company offers timely deliveries of packaged cheeses, cold cuts, butter and margarine, and cream cheese.
With meats, cuts are made to order. FreshDirect offers more than 600 fresh cuts daily. The company collaborates with local farmers to ensure that livestock are raised with care to further enhance to quality of all fresh cut selections. Top meat selections include beef, chicken, bison and other game, and lamb. Prepared to cook items include kabobs and skewers, prepared beef, and stir-fry kits. All prepared foods are ready for instant cooking.
You can purchase entire meal selections from FreshDirect.com. Choose your desired meal by looking under the "Meals" tab on the company's website. You'll find a selection that includes entrees, side dishes, sauces and marinades, appetizers, and salads. For dessert, cakes, cupcakes, cookies, brownies, and pies are available for purchase and delivery. Breakfast selections are also available as ready-to-heat-and-eat meals.
If you're catering a corporate event, weekend sports party, or a special celebration, FreshDirect offers group-sizes of popular catered items. Selections include prepared sandwiches, breakfast and brunch munchies, heat and serve appetizers, cold appetizers, and an assortment of sweats.
Available beverages include products from Coke, Pepsi, A&W, and Canada Dry. Juice, water, and beer are additional beverage selections available for purchase. Water brands carried include Perrier, Poland Spring, and Dasani. The company also offers a growing list of organic items.
In addition to fresh foods, FreshDirect offers a wide selection of fresh flowers. Seasonal selections include spring tulips, fall chrysanthemums, and hearty hydrangeas. Accessories like vases are also available.
Prices, for the most part, are lower than the cost of the same or similar items in Manhattan area supermarkets. Prices are equally competitive in other markets. Organic and locally grown items are especially popular among customers. FreshDirect also offers a large selection of kosher foods. The company is also a certified sustainable seafood vendor, with seafood items often caught and processed within a brief period of time to ensure optimal safety and freshness.
Whether you're entertaining, looking to a take a break from cooking, or looking for the convenience of fresh food deliveries, you're sure to find a reason to visit FreshDirect.com. One of the company's most popular YouTube videos, show below, emphasizes that the freshness of the seafood selections available from FreshDirect.com in the form of a catchy ditty delivered by a "rapping lobster" named Pinchy: FreshDirect Lobster Party Rap.
Further ensure your savings when shopping on FreshDirect.com by starting your experience with Giving Assistant. In addition to finding some money-saving coupon codes and promo codes, you'll get the added benefit of knowing that you're helping others in need. What's not to love?
FreshDirect Social Media Links
FreshDirect on Facebook: Take a look at some of the fresh finds you'll discover at FreshDirect. The company's Facebook page includes spotlights on appetizing treats, healthy veggies and fruits, and seasonal offerings as well as promotional videos and links to related apps.
FreshDirect on Twitter: Get the first word on new sales and other deals by following FreshDirect on Twitter; where you'll also have instant access to photos and videos highlighting company events and promotions.
FreshDirect on Instagram: Take a closer look at some of the delicious creations you can make with the fresh foods you'll find on FreshDirect.com by following the company on Instagram and checking out their latest appetizing photo collections and visitor comments and suggestions.
FreshDirect on Pinterest: Follow FreshDirect on Pinterest to share your own pins or view boards dedicated to cookies, Super Bowl snacks, comfort foods, sweat treats, winter eats, back to school lunches, and more!
FreshDirect on YouTube: Follow the adventures of Pinchy, FreshDirect's unofficial mascot, and view other fun, informative videos by subscribing to the company's YouTube channel; which also includes videos showing how the company manufacturers and grows the fresh foods they sell.
FreshDirect on Google+: Follow FreshDirect on Google+ for instant access to the company's latest promotional videos and shared videos.
FreshDirect Contact Info
FreshDirect Holdings, Inc. Corporate Headquarters
2330 Borden Avenue
Long Island City, NY, 11101
Telephone Number: +1 (718) 433-0982