5 Things You Didn't Know About The Home T
- Celebrities who wore clothing created by The Home T include singer and actress Hillary Duff and television actor Bryan Cranston of Breaking Bad.
- The Home T made more than $1 million in its first year, making it one of the largest grossing new clothing businesses.
- Founder Ryan Shell appeared on the hit television show Shark Tank in the hopes of securing additional financing but walked away without a deal.
- Though the company originally started out making just a few shirts with state outlines on the front, it later expanded into cities and countries.
- The Home T now offers shirts for adults and kids, tote bags, car decals, throw blankets, pillows and even shower curtains.
How to Redeem a Coupon Code at The Home T
- When you find a promo code that applies to The Home T website, you can enter that code after completing your shopping. Every time you add something new to your cart, the site will show you a pop up window that lets you keep shopping or checkout.
- You can also select the icon of a shopping cart at the top right hand side of the screen. Click that icon, and then click the checkout button to proceed to the checkout. On the right hand side of the screen are the images of all the items you added to your cart and a white box that says "gift card or discount code" inside it. Type your code directly as it appears inside that box.
- After you click on the gray Apply button next to the box, you'll need to wait a few seconds until the website updates and finishes applying your code. Once you enter all your information, including billing address, name and card details, you can complete your order.
The Home T Review
Ryan Shell grew up in North Carolina and spent years living there before moving to New York. Though he loved his new city, he found himself missing home. After realizing that he couldn't find North Carolina themed items anywhere, he decided to open his own company that would sell state themed products to those who felt homesick like he did. He opened The Home T as a website that would sell tee shirts with state outlines across the front to those living around the world.
While slightly similar to companies like the Wildcat Wearhouse, which specializes in Kentucky Wildcats merchandise, and Etsy, which lets people create and sell their own clothing, The Home T offers clothing from every state in the country. Shell wanted his company to appeal to anyone who felt homesick and anyone who wanted to show their support and love of their home state. He started his company with just a handful of money and watched it grow in popularity.
The original shirts came in just one color and had an outline of the state on the front with home written across the center of that state. Shell later expanded his online shop to include shirts in different colors, sizes and designs. You will now find shirts for men, shirts for women and unisex designs in dozens of colors and for every state in the country. Some of the designs available through the site include crew neck, tank tops, hoodies, V-neck and baseball teams.
The Home T gained even more fans and customers after Shell went on the hit ABC reality television show Shark Tank. Though he grew his business on his own, he hoped to bring in some investors that would help the business grow even more. Three of the "sharks' on the show offered him money, but each wanted a minimum of 20% in the company. Mark Cuban, owner of the Dallas Mavericks, recommended that Shell walk away and stated that he could keep his business growing on his own. Shell made history when he turned down one of the largest offers in the history of that show.
Shell credits the success of his company with a grassroots campaign that he helped launch on Facebook and other social networking sites. As more people shared images of the shirts, he saw his profits increasing every month. Those profits increased even more when several celebrities, including Emmy Winner Bryan Cranston, wore one of the home shirts in public.
Many shoppers love that Shell makes millions of dollars but retains his down-home roots. He still maintains the Facebook page and other aspects of the business. You can see his humorous side in the video Adorable: We Have a (Cat) Situation!, which he posted on YouTube.
As the business grew, fans living in other parts of the world contacted the company to ask about getting their own home shirts. That led to The Home T introducing a line of shirts and other items that appeal to international residents. You can now shop for shirts featuring Canada, Ireland, the United Kingdom, Australia and other countries.
When you visit The Home T site, you can also shop for items for your kids and your home. The company now offers onesies for babies and toddlers and smaller sized shirts to fit toddlers and kids. You will also find items designed for use in the home, including shower curtains, fleece blankets and pillows. All those items use the same super soft fabrics used in the creation of its shirts.
The Home T also offers accessories that you can use on the go, including hats, tote bags and decals. The baseball caps produced by the company feature a soft lining that fits comfortably against your head and an adjustable band to fit the exact size and shape of your head. All categories of products available on the site sit along the left hand side of the screen and across the top of the page, making it easy for you to find all the home products you need that relate to your home state or favorite country.
The Home T on Social Media
The Home T on Facebook: The founder of The Home T credits Facebook with helping bring attention to and awareness of his company. He still uses Facebook as a way to reach out and connect with shoppers. You'll find discount codes, details on new products and images of new items added to the online store.
The Home T on Pinterest: Follow The Home T on Pinterest to see photographs of real people wearing the shirts and using the products in real life. Browse each of the boards to learn more about the company and its products.
The Home T on Twitter: The Home T uses its Twitter feed as a way to share some fun information, pictures and articles with fans and shoppers. Check over the latest tweets to see what people think about the shirts, reviews of new products, cute pictures and other fun stuff you'll want to share with friends.
The Home T on Instagram: Instagram lets account holders post and share pictures of all their favorite things, and The Home T uses its Instagram account to share fun and funky state themed images, including fans wearing their clothing in their home states and unique state shaped items.
The Home T on YouTube: Though The Home T seldom uses or updates its YouTube page, you can use its channel to see funny videos that will make you laugh out loud and videos you'll want to share with others online.
The Home T Contact Info
The Home T
250 S. Diversatech Dr. Unit #4
Manteno, IL 60950