5 Things You Didn't Know About Torrid
- Torrid is the fastest-growing plus-size brand in fashion, and it's specifically designed to provide fashionable clothing for women sizes 12 to 28.
- Torrid is a subsidiary of Hot Topic, and its first store opened in the Brea Mall in Brea, California, back in 2001.
- Georgina Burke was the first face of Torrid and signed a one-year contract with the company in February 2014; In December Philomena Kwao was signed.
- Torrid employees usually receive a freebie or a really good discount when a new product is launched as thanks for being part of the team.
- Torrid also publishes a magazine quarterly in which it recognizes the top sellers and company associates as well as educates associates about upcoming trends.
How to Redeem a Coupon Code at Torrid.com
- Put the merchandise that you want to buy in the online "Shopping Bag," and click the black "Checkout" button when you're ready to proceed to checkout.
- Sign into your account if you have one, select the option to create one or choose the option to checkout as a guest.
- Input your email address followed by your shipping address. Select the shipping method that you desire, and click the "Continue" button.
- Choose whether your billing address is the same as your shipping, and input your billing address in the provided text boxes if it's different from your shipping address.
- Click on the "Have a Promo Code" text box, and type your coupon code into the provided text box before clicking the black "Apply" button to apply the code.
- Select your desired payment option, and input your payment details into the provided text boxes. Torrid allows you to pay via debit, credit or gift card as well as via PayPal. Click the "Continue" button when you're done.
- Review your order, and then confirm it.
A clearance section is always accessible on Torrid's website. Within this section, you'll find everything that's been put on clearance. Searching within the clearance section is made easy via the same category filters found throughout the rest of the website. Only filters that have clearance items listed in them will show up, though, so if you can't find a certain filter, it's because nothing is available on clearance within its specifications. Some of the category filters include "Color," "Size," "Price" and "Clothing Type."
With the internet being a part of almost everyone's daily lives nowadays, it should come as no surprise that more and more consumers are turning to the internet for their shopping needs. No matter what type of clothing or merchandise you're looking for, you can almost certainly find stores online that are specifically targeted to your market. Leading the forefront of the online and plus-size clothing industries, similar to companies like Dresslily, Fabletics and Lane Bryant, is Torrid. Because Torrid is a subsidiary of Hot Topic, it should come as no surprise to learn that Torrid's clothing is hip, fashionable, edgy and alternative-- the only catch is that it is all expressly designed for plus-sized teens and women, sizes 12 to 28.
In fact, many of the styles found at Torrid are reminiscent of those found at Hot Topic and Blackheart Lingerie, both of which Hot Top, Inc. owns and operates. Recognizing the need for alternative and trendy clothing for plus-sized teens, young adults and women, Torrid went into operation in 2001, and was almost instantly a successful. A long-held misconception is that plus-size women usually need to see the latest fashions on the street before they'll invest of them, but Torrid put this theory to the test by putting the latest leggings and skinny jeans on the market direct off the runway, and associates were astonished at how quickly the merchandise flew off the shelves. Turns out plus-size women crave the same runways fashions of other sizes. They just needed an innovative company like Torrid to give them the opportunity to find the style of clothing they desired in a fit that flattered their bodies and made them feel confident and sexy.
Some of the types of merchandise that can be found in Torrid stores include accessories, shoes, jewelry, fashion tops, novelty T-shirts, pants, capris, shorts, skirts, dresses, hosiery, intimate apparel, outerwear, gifts and beauty products. One of the most innovative tools unique to Torrid's website is the online outfit maker that the company launched. The outfit maker allows users to compile unique looks from Torrid's merchandise as well as other sites and share them with other users. The sociability of the site is designed to allow shoppers to inspire and encourage one another to express themselves through Torrid's form-flattering fashions.
To date, Torrid has more than 3,000 associates in more than 300 stores across the nation. Torrid's headquarters remains in the City of Industry, California. Its website makes it convenient for plus-size teens and women everywhere to have access to the clothing and styles that they love in sizes they can wear comfortably and confidently. Additionally, the same in-store loyalty program that shoppers are accustomed to can be used at the online store where they can rack up rewards for spending with the store.
One of the most-viewed videos on Torrid's YouTube channel is TRAIL BLAZIN: Oh, Malibu!. This video takes you behind the scenes at one of the company's catalog shoots in Malibu. It highlights some of the latest fashions as well as the fun that the models are having in the area.
Torrid Social Media Links
Torrid on YouTube: Torrid's YouTube channel is an excellent resource for the latest fashion trends, news about the company, exciting videos of the latest models and any promotions or casting calls for you to join the company of win some of its merchandise.
Torrid on Facebook: Torrid's Facebook profile offers you the opportunity to show your love for the company by liking its page and company posts as well as by posting on the site as a visitor. Share your own Torrid shopping experiences and interact with others shoppers of the brand via its Facebook profile.
Torrid on Twitter: Go to Torrid's Twitter page when you want to see the latest company tweets and stay updated with all the most-happening events in the industry. From news about the latest photo shoots and runway fashions to exciting giveaways and opportunities to win prize, Torrid's Twitter page is full of fun and excitement.
Torrid on Google+: Torrid's Google+ account is where to go when you want to gain the latest company news and network with the company.
Torrid on Instagram: Torrid's Instagram is a great resource for getting fashion inspiration, seeing unique outfit generations and even submitting some of your own outfit creations.
Torrid on Pinterest: Go to Torrid's Pinterest account when you want to get inspiration about the latest fashions in innovative and creative boards such as "Curvy Petite Fashion," "Plus Size Outfits" and "Plus Size Fashion."
Torrid Customer Service Contact Info
18305 E. San Jose Avenue
City of Industry, CA 91748
Telephone Number: +1 (866) 867-7431
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org