In one of the largest air companies in the nation, American Airlines offers members and holders of the Bonus and Platinum Select World Elite MasterCard extremely tempting and money-saving bonuses tailored to any traveler. For those who travel far and often, the bonus program involves extra miles, in-flight savings, and extra perks, making the membership well worth the investment.
In this article we’re going to lay out the specifics and details of the major perks offered by the membership program. We will also provide some fast, money-saving tips that can take your traveling experience to a whole new level.
- 25% Savings on Eligible In-Flight Purchases. When you jump on board with this membership program, you will receive a 25% savings on purchases of food and beverages on most domestic flights.
- First Checked Bag Free. For members of the American Airlines AAdvantage® MasterCard Program of at least a week, you and four customers with the same membership can get their first checked bags for free. (Checked bags must be within the weight limit and within size restrictions, and comply with TSA guidelines.)
- Preferred Boarding. Also after a week of membership, you will become qualified for preferred boarding. After Priority Boarding is complete, members will be able to board — before the rest of the aircraft in economy boarding.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees. If you are flying home to the United States from another country, and are bringing in products and shopping purchases from your international travels, you will not be charged with foreign transaction fees, so you can shop like a local — wherever you may be.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles simply after sign-up, and after spending 2,500 in the first three months
- $95 annual fee waived the first year
- No Foreign Transaction Fees for traveling purchases
- Bonus Miles and Double Miles earned with mileage purchases and extra purchases
- Earn two AAdvantage® miles for every dollar spent on eligible purchases
- Earn one AAdvantage® mile for every dollar spent on other purchases
How the American Airlines Credit Card Works
Are you an avid traveler? You could be using purchases and trip bookings that you normally would make to help you save for the future. Here’s a breakdown of their points system:
- You can be on the Fly Now Payment Plan
- You will be part of the instant online approval process with low monthly payments and a $95 annual fee (only after the first year of membership).
- There is no fee for any additional authorized users’ cards and everything can be managed completely with online account access.
- You can buy goods and services with the card in all 50 states in the USA, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands.
- From airport kiosks to ticket counters, you can use the card wherever, whenever.
- You are eligible to enter into any of the Admirals Clubs, Flagship Lounges, and the Arrivals Lounge of any airport in the USA.
Here’s an example of the points system in action:
Simply within the three months of registration, if you spend the required $2,500 you can receive 50,000 bonus miles to use within the company’s airline possible flights. Points are then based on how many dollars are spent. If you spend $1.00 on eligible purchases, you will earn two miles. If you spend $1.00 on in-eligible purchases, you will still earn one mile to use towards your next flight.
Who is This Program Best For?
For any avid travelers looking to travel and do it quite often, the American Airline AAdvantage® MasterCard is a great investment. Not only do you have to be flying within the continental U.S., the miles you earn with the American Airline AAdvantage® program can even be used with Cathay Pacific, Japan Airlines, Qantas, LAN, British Airways, Qatar Airways, Alaska and Hawaiian Airlines, among many others.
This program is best for those who already have some American Airlines miles, that can easily load up on your balance of AAdvantage® miles to start.
It is also valuable for someone with an extra $800 per month to spare on the card. This will get you 9,500 miles a year. In turn, this will allow you to earn back the annual fee (which comes after the first year of membership).
It is also a great program for someone who doesn’t travel light. Since you are allowed to check the first bag for free, you have some change to spare if you need to check a second bag.
How to Get an American Airline AAdvantage MasterCard
To sign up for the American Airlines AAdvantage®, all you have to do is sign up. Follow this link on their website which will prompt you with all the details needed from security questions to basic information.
You will need to give authorization for credit reports, income information (including annual salary and wages), and also liabilities (or debts). You will also be informed of interest rates and charges involved with the card.
What Else Should I Know?
You also have a few benefits that come with investing in an American Airline AAdvantage® MasterCard that you should definitely know about before making your purchasing decision.
- 25,000 miles will get you some domestic flights on the right days. With these miles, you can save hundreds of dollars on airfare.
- 40,000 miles will get you to Europe and other places across the ocean. If you make the extra effort to travel within certain dates, you can even save more with special prices in these regions.
- 75,000 miles can get you to Australia and back.
- 110,000 miles will get you to Asia and back, and even have you seated in Business class.
Tips For Using The American Airline AAdvantage® MasterCard
Do your extra research. Check out partner websites like British Airways and Qantas and then call American Airlines. Having the MasterCard and being a member waives the normal booking charge of $40.
Choose your location wisely. If you have the freedom to really go where you want for vacation, use that to your advantage and choose.
Take advantage of the AAdvantage®. In the lounges, you can use the American Airline agents, often called AAngels, for any issues you may have, including cancellations, changes or delays.
How to Use Your American Airline AAdvantage MasterCard with Giving Assistant
When you go to Giving Assistant you’ll find verified coupons for multiple brands that offer up to 30% savings on select items. By using a Giving Assistant-provided link when you shop you have the potential to earn cash back, save on your purchase price, and get the added benefits from your American Airline AAdvantage MasterCard when you pay for your purchase.
To get started, you first need to sign up for an account on Giving Assistant. Once enrolled, visit the Giving Assistant American Airline AAdvantage store page here to view the current coupons, promo codes, and deals.
Download the Giving Assistant browser extension called the Button, to automatically populate the highest-value coupons as you visit thousands of online shopping websites.
Maximize your rewards earnings and saving potential by combining your American Airline AAdvantage MasterCard with discount codes and offers found at Giving Assistant today!