These days, most of us don’t leave home without our phone. In many cases, it’s an iPhone that accompanies us in our daily lives, usually paired with some Apple earbuds; you might even spend your day working on an iMac or MacBook Pro.
For those loyal Apple customers who want to save money, Apple has paired with Barclaycard to offer the Barclaycard Visa with Apple Rewards. In this article, we are going to look at the perks that this card offers, as well as how you can use it with Giving Assistant to get the most out of it.
- Fraud Liability Protection. If you have any issues with your card being used for unauthorized purchases, you don’t need to worry! This card comes with fraud liability protection to keep your card safe.
- Earn Gift Cards. As you make purchases with this credit card, you will earn points towards rewards. At 2,500 points, for example, you will earn a $25 gift card to use towards purchases at Apple or the iTunes store.
- Visa Signature Entertainment Services. This card allows you to access special offers for entertainment, sporting events, and other certain purchases if you are eligible for the Visa Signature level of the card. Signature cardholders also have access to exclusive dining events and wine tastings.
- Visa Signature Travel. For Signature cardholders, there are discounts and deals available for hotels, cruises, car rentals, and more.
- Visa Signature Concierge. Signature cardholders have a 24/7 personal assistant. They can help you with questions about your card as well as other services, such as travel plans and reservations.
- 49%, 21.49%, or 28.49% variable APR on purchases and balance transfers, depending on your creditworthiness.
- 74% variable APR for cash advances.
- No annual fee.
- Balance transfer fee of either $5 or 3% of the amount transferred, whichever value is greater.
- Cash advance fee of $10 or 5% of the amount advanced, whichever value is greater.
- Late payment penalty of up to $37
- Due date for payments is 23 days after the close of each billing cycle.
- No interest is charged if you pay the balance on the card in full each month.
- If you are charged interest, the fee is no less than $0.50.
How the Apple Credit Card Point System Works
One of the biggest draws of this credit card is the chance to earn points toward rewards with Apple. Here is a simple breakdown of the point system that the Barclaycard Visa with Apple Rewards uses:
- Earn 3 points for every $1 spent on Apple purchases
- Earn 2 points for every $1 spent at restaurants
- Earn 1 point for every $1 spent on other purchases
- For every 2,500 points earned, the cardholder will receive either a $25 Apple store gift card or iTunes gift card.
- Cardholders can call the Customer Care Team or go online at any point to change their preference between receiving an Apple store gift card or an iTunes gift card.
Who is This Credit Card Best For?
One of the best things about this credit card is that, at its core, it is a Visa card with additional Apple benefits. That means that you can use this card anywhere Visa is accepted and even earn points when you aren’t buying from Apple.
However, due to the fact that it’s tailored to benefit Apple customers specifically, it is best for consumers loyal to the Apple brand. If you only make occasional purchases with Apple, you may discover that you aren’t getting the most out of the credit card.
How to Get an Apple Store Credit Card
To apply for the Apple credit card, you start by visiting this link. When you reach the application, you will be asked for some basic information such as the following:
- Full name
- Permanent address
- Employment information
- Total annual income
- Phone number
- Email address
- Social Security Number
On this application you will also be able to choose your preference between an Apple store or iTunes gift card when you cash in future rewards. If you change your mind at any point, though, you can change your preference. By applying for this card, you will be subject to a credit check. Depending on your creditworthiness, you will not only be told if you are approved to hold the credit card, but you will also receive a Platinum or Signature version of the card.
What Else Should I Know About?
The most important thing to know about the Apple credit card is that it uses a concept known as deferred interest. As mentioned earlier, if you pay off your full balance each month, you won’t have to worry about paying interest on your purchases. If you miss your payment date, however, you will be charged deferred interest. This means the interest won’t start from the date of your missed payment, but it will defer back to the date of purchase.
Another important thing to recognize is that there are two different versions—the Platinum and Signature accounts. The Signature account is the higher tier and offers additional benefits and services. The version of the card you are assigned depends on your creditworthiness.
Tips For Using The Apple Store Credit Card
- Pay It Off On Time. Apple offers you an interest-free purchase if you pay your card balance off in time, every cycle. If you miss your payment, though, you will be subject to deferred interest. The best way to avoid these additional fees is to try and make your payments on time as often as possible.
- Remember You Can Earn Points Elsewhere. Unlike some store credit cards, you can use the Barclaycard Visa with Apple Rewards anywhere that Visa is accepted and earn points doing so. So, if you really want to rack up points, remember that you don’t have to depend solely on your Apple purchases for earning them.
- Use It With Giving Assistant. Giving Assistant offers cash back and coupons so if you want to maximize your savings, consider using the Apple store credit card with a Giving Assistant account.
How to Use Your Apple Store Credit Card with Giving Assistant
When you go to Giving Assistant you’ll find verified coupons for multiple brands that offer up to 30% savings on select items. By using a Giving Assistant-provided link when you shop you have the potential to earn cash back, save on your purchase price, and get the added benefits from your Apple Store credit card when you pay for your purchase.
Download the Giving Assistant browser extension called the Button, to automatically populate the highest-value coupons as you visit thousands of online shopping websites.
Maximize your rewards earnings and saving potential by combining your Apple Store Credit Card with discount codes and offers found at Giving Assistant today!