The Barnes & Noble MasterCard is an awesome card for bookworms! Cardholders will earn points to buy MORE books every time they purchase from Barnes & Noble stores. Not only will cardholders receive points for Barnes & Noble gift cards, but they can also receive cash back on most purchases.
In this article we will review the top perks, specific Barnes & Noble MasterCard details, as well as how to get the most cash back by signing up with Giving Assistant.
- Cash Back: 7% cash back on all Barnes & Noble purchases when combined with Giving Assistant. Power Shoppers will receive 9% cash back.
- Gift Card: $25 Barnes & Nobles gift card after your first purchase.
- Point Rewards: Earn points with purchases and then receive gift cards from Barnes & Noble.
- Barnes & Noble Membership: 12 months of Barnes & Nobles membership earned after spending $7500/year on eligible purchases.
- APR for Purchases: 15.24%-26.24% based on creditworthiness
- APR for Cash Advances: 26.49%
- Late Fees: Up to $37
- No annual fee
Not only does Barnes & Noble provide cash back for cardholders, it also provides points to cardholders for purchases made outside of Barnes & Noble.
After you have received 2500 points on your Barnes & Noble MasterCard, you will automatically receive a $25 Barnes & Noble Gift Card. You will receive 2x points for every $1 spent at restaurants (excluding Barnes & Noble café) and 1x points for every $1 spent on all other purchases (excluding Barnes & Noble purchases).
So, let’s suppose you go to Applebee’s and you spend $20. You will receive 10 points. After Applebee’s, you decide to go pick up a few items from Fred Meyers. At Fred Meyers you spend $10, which earns you 1 point. Once you reach 2,500 points, you will then automatically receive the $25 Barnes & Noble gift card within 7 to 14 business days after your billing statement for the period in which you earned the 2,500 points. You may also choose to receive your gift card electronically to your email address.
- Gift cards do not expire once awarded
- All redemptions are final. Points and earned gift cards can’t be returned, refunded, exchanged or credited, unless otherwise specified.
Who is This Credit Card Best For?
This MasterCard is perfect for anybody who loves to read! If you sign up for this MasterCard you will get cash back for buying books that you would have probably bought already. Essentially, you are getting paid to read!
How to Get a Barnes & Noble MasterCard
You can apply for the Barnes & Noble MasterCard by visiting any Barnes & Noble location. You can also apply online by following this link.
What Else Should I Know?
This card has no annual fee, which is awesome, but be sure to pay attention to the other fees. To be on the safe side cardholders should try to pay off their entire account balances before the due date. Cardholders will be charged late fees as well as interest for past-due payments. You should be aware of the costs and fees of balance transfers as well as cash advances.
- Balance Transfer: A balance transfer is when debt owed to another lender is transferred from one card to another to save money on interest. The balance transfer fee on the Barnes & Noble MasterCard is either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
- Cash advances: Cash advances are when you can take out money using your credit card (as debt). Cash advances using the Barnes & Noble MasterCard is either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater.
As long as the program continues, your points and your rebates will not expire.
Tips For Using The Barnes & Noble MasterCard
- Pay Balance: To avoid interest and late fees, be sure to pay the balance on the card before or by the due date.
- Pay the Minimum Balance: If you can’t afford the entire payment due by the due date, make sure you at least pay the minimum balance. If you do not pay the minimum amount, then you will be charged interest until paid in full. Minimum interest is $.50.
- Use the MasterCard like a Debit Card: Users can also use the MasterCard like a debit card to make purchases. However, be sure to have enough available cash in your checking account to cover each transaction.
- Use the MasterCard Whenever Possible: In order to make the most money from cash back and receive points, you should use your card as much as possible. Use your card whenever making purchasing to quickly rack up points and cash back.
How to Use Your Barnes & Noble MasterCard with Giving Assistant
When you go to Giving Assistant you’ll find verified coupons for multiple brands that offer up to 30% savings on select items. By using a Giving Assistant-provided link when you shop you have the potential to earn cash back, save on your purchase price, and get the added benefits from your Barnes & Noble MasterCard when you pay for your purchase.
To get started, you first need to sign up for an account on Giving Assistant. Once enrolled, visit the Giving Assistant Barnes & Noble store page here to view the current coupons, promo codes, and deals.
Download the Giving Assistant browser extension called the Button, to automatically populate the highest-value coupons as you visit thousands of online shopping websites.
Maximize your rewards earnings and saving potential by combining your Barnes & Noble Credit Card with discount codes and offers found at Giving Assistant today!