Whether you are looking to buy a KitchenAid appliance or a new Ralph Lauren sweater, you might find yourself scrolling through the deals that Belk has to offer. However, you can increase your savings by taking your time to apply for a Belk Rewards Card—their store credit card—to help you earn rewards while you shop. To take your rewards a step further, you can use the Belk Rewards Card together with Giving Assistant.
In this article, we will tell you all you need to know about the Belk Rewards Card, and how to use it with Giving Assistant to get the most out of your rewards and savings when you shop.
- Earn Rewards. For every 1000 points that you earn, you will get $10 in Belk Reward Dollars, which can be spent on any brand Belk offers.
- Savings Events. With the Belk Rewards Card, you will have access to 20 exclusive savings events each year.
- Receipt-Free Returns. When you hold a Belk Rewards Card, you can make returns without having to worry about still having the receipt on hand.
- Bonus Point Events. With the Belk Rewards Card, you will have access to special events in which you can earn extra points while you shop.
- Extra Savings. Belk Rewards Card holders will have access to Cardholder Savings Day of the Month, as well as early access to in-store promotions and events.
- Potential For More. If you end up spending more than $600 at Belk, you will be eligible for the Belk Premier Card. If you spend $1500 or more, you will be eligible for the Belk Elite Card.
- 25.49% Purchase APR
- Minimum Interest Charge of $1
- Late Fees of up to $38
- No Annual Fee
- 23 Day Interest-Free Period
How the Belk Rewards Card Point System Works
For the standard Belk Rewards Card, the reward points system is rather simple. When you spend $1, you will earn 3 points toward your next reward. Once you earn 1000 points, you will receive $10 in Belk Reward Dollars. If you are eligible for a Belk Premier Card or Belk Elite Card, you can earn more points for every $1 you spend. However, the 1000-point threshold for earning $10 in Belk Rewards Dollars is the same with the Premier and Elite cards.
You can also receive extra points by participating in bonus points events, which are also referred to as “multiple point offers.” During these events, Belk will announce the dates and participating departments, and all you have to do is shop. However, each account is only eligible for one offer per event.
It should also be noted that you will only earn points for the merchandise you buy, which means that any added tax or shipping costs will not be included in your earned points.
Who is This Credit Card Best For?
As its name might imply, the Belk Rewards Card is best if you shop at Belk rather often—especially if you spend a lot at Belk, and are looking to get a higher tier card like the Belk Premier Card or the Belk Elite Card. This specificity is because the rewards you earn are redeemable only at Belk, and also because the points can only be earned by shopping there. So, if you rarely shop at Belk, you would get little to no use out of this card. If you frequently shop at Belk, then you would find this card to come in rather handy, even if you only have the basic Belk Rewards Card.
How to Get a Belk Rewards Card
Applying for the Belk Rewards Card is a lot like applying for any other credit card. The application is online and can be filled out here. You will have to provide some personal information to Synchrony Bank to apply for the card. Some of this information includes the following:
- First and Last Name
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Social Security Number
You should also be aware that you will be subject to a credit check to get approved for the Belk Rewards Card. In addition, once you are signed up, you can access your account online at any time here.
What Else Should I Know About?
You have more options than just the Belk Rewards Card, namely, the Belk Premier Card and the Belk Elite Card. The Belk Premier Card is earned by spending $600-$1,499 per year, and increases the 3% rewards of the standard Rewards Card to 4%. This means that you will earn 4 points per $1 spent at Belk rather than only three. Other added benefits include access to the Belk Rewards Flex Pay Plan, invitation-only Premier Savings Days, and a birthday coupon.
One step up from the Premier card is the Belk Elite card. This card is earned by spending $1,500 or more per year and raises the rewards to 5%, or 5 points per $1 spent at Belk. In addition to the benefits of the Belk Rewards Card and the Belk Premier Card, you can also access free shipping, quarterly 20% off Pick Your Own Sale Days, four exclusive Elite Savings Days, and other special savings offers.
Tips For Using The Belk Rewards Card
- Pay As You Go. To avoid late fees and a potentially negative impact on your credit, it is best to try and pay off your balance as quickly as possible, or at least make your minimum payments. This way, you won’t have to worry about interest and/ or late fees piling up, which can make your card balance difficult to pay off.
- Use With Giving Assistant for More Savings. If you really want to increase your savings, remember to pair your Belk Rewards Card with the coupons and extra cash back offered with Giving Assistant.
How to Use Your Belk Credit Card with Giving Assistant
When you go to Giving Assistant you’ll find verified coupons for multiple brands that offer up to 30% savings on select items. By using a Giving Assistant-provided link when you shop you have the potential to earn cash back, save on your purchase price, and get the added benefits from your Belk Credit Card when you pay for your purchase.
Download the Giving Assistant browser extension called the Button, to automatically populate the highest-value coupons as you visit thousands of online shopping websites.
Maximize your rewards earnings and saving potential by combining your Belk Credit Card with discount codes and offers found at Giving Assistant today!