Big Lots is a store that serves almost every consumer need. Whether you need patio furniture or a new package of coffee, you can find it at Big Lots. Now, Big Lots has made shopping even easier with the Big Lots store credit card. In this article, we are going to tell you everything you need to know about the Big Lots store credit card and how you can maximize your savings by using Giving Assistant.
- No interest on some purchase. If you purchase an item for $250 or more with your Big Lots credit card and pay off your balance within months, you can avoid interest. The price will remain the same as if you paid for it with cash. There is also a 12-month interest-free period for purchases of $750 or more.
- Special member offers. If you are a Big Lots store credit cardholder, you will also have access to special offers and sales that other members don’t.
- In-store lookup available. Since we can all be a little forgetful sometimes, Big Lots has you covered if you forget your Big Lots store credit card when you go out shopping. When you don’t have your Big Lots card, the cashier can simply look it up in the system and apply the charge. This also allows you to make purchases with your Big Lots credit card before you receive your physical copy in the mail.
- 0% intro APR for 6-12 months
- 29.99% regular APR
- Up to $38 in late fees
- No annual fee
- 25-day interest-free period
- Minimum interest fee of $2
- 24/7 online account management access
Who is This Credit Card Best For?
The Big Lots store credit card is great for most Big Lots customers. If you regularly shop at Big Lots, you will find that the credit card is a useful financing option. However, even if you only make the occasional large purchase at Big Lots, you will find that the 6 and 12 month interest-free financing options on large purchases are worth it. Of course, if you rarely shop at Big Lots and only make smaller purchases when you stop by, you probably won’t benefit from the use of a Big Lots store credit card.
How to Get a Big Lots Store Credit Card
If you want a Big Lots store credit card, you have two options: in store and online. To apply online, follow this link. On the application page, you will be asked to provide so basic information, such as your name, contact information, and annual income. You will, of course, be subject to a credit check prior to being approved for this card.
According to the Big Lots website, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be 18 years of age
- Be a U.S. resident
- Have a U.S. Social Security Number
- Have a physical address (a P.O. box isn’t accepted)
- Have a valid, government-issued photo ID
What Else Should I Know About?
As the Big Lots credit card doesn’t have a reward system like some other store cards, the biggest draw is the financing options. As such, it is crucial to understand their deferred interest program. If you make a purchase over a certain amount and pay it off within a certain window, you won’t have to pay any interest. For purchases of $250 or more, you will have 6 months to pay the purchase off in full. If your purchase reaches $750 or more, then you will have up to 12 months to pay it off. If you don’t pay the purchase off in full within the time period, you will be subject to interest fees.
You should also be aware that the Big Lots store credit card can only be used in stores. Unfortunately, when you make a purchase online, you won’t be able to use your Big Lots credit card.
Tips For Using The Big Lots Store Credit Card
- Make sure to pay it off as quickly as possible. As with any credit card, you will maximize your savings by paying your balance off as quickly as possible. Not only will you avoid late fees, you can also take advantage of the deferred interest that Big Lots offers.
- Use the online portal. By following this link, you can log into or sign up for a Big Lots online account. From here, you can manage your Big Lots credit card, make payments, monitor your balance and more.
- Use it with cash back and coupons. The Big Lots store credit card is a great way to shop but you can continue your savings online by taking advantage of what Giving Assistant offers. With Giving Assistant, you can access valuable coupons as well as up to 4% cash back when you shop at Big Lots.
How to Use Your Big Lots Credit Card with Giving Assistant
When you go to Giving Assistant you’ll find verified coupons for multiple brands that offer up to 30% savings on select items. By using a Giving Assistant-provided link when you shop you have the potential to earn cash back, save on your purchase price, and get the added benefits from your Big Lots Credit Card when you pay for your purchase.
Download the Giving Assistant browser extension called the Button, to automatically populate the highest-value coupons as you visit thousands of online shopping websites.
Maximize your rewards earnings and saving potential by combining your Big Lots Credit Card with discount codes and offers found at Giving Assistant today!