Bloomingdales offers an American Express credit card that allows cardholders to earn points while shopping wherever American Express is accepted, and also receive Bloomingdale’s gift cards in exchange for earned points. In this article, we will discuss the top perks, key details, and how to use Giving Assistant with your Bloomingdale’s American Express to earn more cash back and to save you money!
- Cash Back: Earn 3 points for every dollar spent with your Bloomingdale’s American Express credit card. Make purchases with your Bloomingdale’s card and with Giving Assistant to earn 1% cash back in addition to the points you are already earning with your Bloomingdale’s’ American Express. Upgrade to become a Power Shopper and earn 2% cash back.
- Promotional Offer: Apply for a Bloomingdale’s American Express credit card and receive a 10% off coupon to use towards your next purchase.
- Triple Point Days: Choose three days in the year to receive triple the points on purchases made with your Bloomingdale’s card.
- APR: 26.74%
- Late Payment: Up to $38
- Returned Payment: Up to $38
Point System Breakdown
As a Bloomingdale’s American Express cardholder you will earn 3 points for every $1 spent at Bloomingdale’s, or Bloomingdales.com. Earn double points on all shoes, cosmetics, and fragrances at any participating Bloomingdale’s location. Cardholders will earn 1 point for every $1 spent wherever American Express is accepted.
Cardholders can choose three days throughout the year to earn triple the points on all eligible Bloomingdale’s purchases made with their American Express. Once cardholders have earned 5,000 points they will be rewarded $25 to spend at Bloomingdale’s, or Bloomingdales.com.
If you spend $50 at Bloomingdale’s, then you would earn 150 points. If you were then to spend $75 on shoes at Bloomingdale’s, then you would earn 450 points. If after leaving Bloomingdale’s you were to spend $100 at your nearby grocery store, then you earn another 100 points. At the end of the day, your total points earned would be 700. You can view your current balance on your online Bloomingdale’s account.
Who is the Bloomingdale’s American Express Best For?
If you love Bloomingdales and would like to earn rewards points while you shop, then the Bloomingdale’s American Express is the perfect credit card for you! Who doesn’t love earning reward points while shopping at their favorite store? Not only will you earn reward points for shopping Bloomingdale’s, but you will also earn points when you use your American Express on daily purchases.
You can apply for the Bloomingdale’s American Express here at this link.
What Else Should You Know About the Bloomingdale’s American Express?
Points are not earned in restaurants that are located in Bloomingdale’s stores. Double points can not be earned on shoe purchases at the Bloomingdale’s Outlet Store. Points earned will NOT last forever and will expire. On December 31st of each year, 75% of all remaining points left on balance will expire.
Tips For Using The Bloomingdale’s Credit Card
- Choose Triple Days Wisely: Choose your triple-point days on days when you plan to make a large purchase. The more you spend, the more points you earn.
- Shop at Bloomingdale’s: Cardholders will earn 3 points for every $1 spent at Bloomingdale’s. That is 2 points per $1 more than if you shop at other stores. Shop at Bloomingdales, or Bloomingdales.com to earn the most points.
- Use American Express: Use your American Express for all other purchases, so that you can earn even more points. Use American Express wherever the card is accepted.
- Don’t Let Points Expire: The points will expire every December 31. Make sure that you spend your points or you will lose 75% of your points.
- Pay off in FULL: To avoid interest and late fees with your Bloomingdale’s American Express credit card it would be the best to pay off your balance in FULL. If you are unable to pay off your card then you should try to pay off the minimum balance in order to avoid late fees.
- Sign up for Giving Assistant: Sign up for Giving Assistant and earn additional cash back. Giving Assistant provides many discounts to save you money.
How to Use Your Bloomingdale’s American Express Credit Card with Giving Assistant
When you go to Giving Assistant you’ll find verified coupons for multiple brands that offer up to 30% savings on select items. By using a Giving Assistant-provided link when you shop you have the potential to earn cash back, save on your purchase price, and get the added benefits from your Bloomingdale’s American Express Credit Card when you pay for your purchase.
To get started, you first need to sign up for an account on Giving Assistant. Once enrolled, visit the Giving Assistant Bloomingdale’s store page here to view the current coupons, promo codes, and deals.
Download the Giving Assistant browser extension called the Button, to automatically populate the highest-value coupons as you visit thousands of online shopping websites.
Maximize your rewards earnings and saving potential by combining your Bloomingdale’s Credit Card with discount codes and offers found at Giving Assistant today!