Cabela’s is an outdoorsman’s paradise, with a massive selection of hunting, fishing, and camping gear for the entire family. With the Cabela’s Club Visa you can earn points towards free gear on every purchase!
Let’s take a look at what this card has to offer, who should use it, and how to increase your savings by combining its advantages with Giving Assistant.
- Get 2% points back at Cabela’s and participating Cenex convenience stores. Build up your rewards points by earning on everything from tents, boots, hunting blinds—even the gas to get you to your favorite spot!
- 1% back on all other purchases. Everywhere Visa is accepted you’ll be stocking up on points. Car repairs in December? Smile, it’s getting you closer to that Kayak in July!
- Receive $20 in club points upon approval and another $10 in rewards after 5 purchases in 30 days. Start the savings early with a $20 Cabela’s reward bonus when you open your account. Get another $10 reward when you make 5 purchases with the card anywhere in the first 30 days.
- No annual fee
- 24/7 online account maintenance
- 25-day interest-free purchases
- 9.99% APR for Cabela’s purchases
- 16.65-26.65% APR for all other purchases (depending on credit rating)
- Up to $37 late fees
Here’s How it Works
Get paid for your wanderlust! Cabela’s Rewards Visa system is designed to save you money on every aspect of your travel. Let’s explore a few of the features.
- 1 point = 1 penny
- 2% points back at Cabela’s and Cenex
- 1% points back wherever Visa is accepted
See it in Action
Planning a solo hiking getaway? You’ll need at least a pack ($149), trekking poles ($99), hydration pack ($24), and a first aid kit ($49). If you use the Cabela’s Club Visa you were just approved for at the time of purchase, this will net you $6.42, plus the $20 bonus in rewards! Now you’ll have to head to the bookstore to get some information on local hiking trails ($25) and then hit the grocery store for some healthy snacks ($20). Finally, you hit the road, stopping only for breakfast ($10) and at your local Cenex for gas ($40).
All in all, this excursion cost you $416, but you’ve earned $37.77 in rewards back! That’s nearly a 10% savings that will take off almost as much stress as the trail itself!
Who is This Credit Card Best For?
If you believe the only season is outdoors season, this is your card. The interest rate is better than many retail cards and with the even lower rate of 9.99% APR for purchases at Cabela’s, it can’t be beat! The lack of a cashback bonus with Giving Assistant is a slight drawback, but there are still plenty of ways to save.
How to Get a Cabela’s Club Visa Card
Tracking rewards on your favorite hunting and fishing gear has never been so easy. Trek over to www.cabelas.com/custserv/instant_credit.jsp and fill out the simple application. Upon approval you’ll receive a $20 Cabela’s Club bonus!
What Else Should I Know About?
Cabela’s Club increases reward tiers based on your annual spending. Although the benchmarks are high ($10,000 for Silver and $25,000 for Black), the reward percentages climb to 3% and 5%, respectively. If you plan on making significant purchases you should definitely keep this in mind!
Tips for Using the Cabela’s Club Visa Credit Card
- Don’t carry a balance. The number one rule of any credit card is to avoid carrying a balance whenever possible. Paying off the account each month saves you from interest charges that can quickly cancel out any rewards if you’re not careful.
- Use the card primarily at Cabela’s. If you plan to carry a balance, then it makes sense to keep the rate as low as possible. Cabela’s purchases are charged at a lower rate than outside purchases, making it much more practical to keep any balance carried forward concentrated on Cabela’s spending.
- Review your credit periodically. As with any card that offers different interest rates, it’s important to keep a close eye on your credit report and make payments on time. As you build a solid payment history with this card, check with customer service about reducing your interest rate!
How to Use Your Cabela’s Club Visa Card with Giving Assistant
When you go to Giving Assistant you’ll find verified coupons for multiple brands that offer up to 30% savings on select items. By using a Giving Assistant-provided link when you shop you have the potential to earn cash back, save on your purchase price, and get the added benefits from your Cabela’s Club Visa Card when you pay for your purchase.
Download the Giving Assistant browser extension called the Button, to automatically populate the highest-value coupons as you visit thousands of online shopping websites.
Maximize your rewards earnings and saving potential by combining your Cabela’s Credit Card with discount codes and offers found at Giving Assistant today!