DoubleTree is an international hotel chain owned by Hilton Hotels with over 500 hotels in 40+ countries. You can search through all of the DoubleTree locations here at this link. DoubleTree Hilton offers a credit card program called Hilton Honors, which includes four American Express credit card options:
- Hilton Honors American Express
- Hilton Honors American Express Business
- Hilton Honors American Express Ascend
- Hilton Honors American Express Aspire
Each Hilton Honors American Express card offers exclusive benefits and rewards for making purchases.
In this article, we will review what you need to know about each Hilton Honors American Express card, including the top perks and key details. We will also review how to earn cash back using your Hilton Honors American Express cards with Giving Assistant.
- Cash Back: Earn up to 2% cash back when booking reservations with Giving Assistant. Upgrade to Power Shopper and earn up to 4% cash back.
- Reward Points: Earn extra reward points when you book reservations at DoubleTree using your Hilton Honors American Express credit card.
- Complimentary Services: With the Hilton Honors American Express card you will enjoy complimentary Hilton Silver, Gold, or Diamond status, depending on the type of Hilton Honors American Express you choose. (More details on this below.)
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- APR: 17.24% – 26.24%
- Penalty APR: 29.99%
- Plan Fee: 1.19%
- Late Fee: Up to $38
- Returned Fee: Up to $38
- American Express Annual Fee: $0
- American Express Business Fee: $95
- American Express Ascend Annual Fee: $95
- American Express Aspire Annual Fee: $450
Point System Breakdown
Each American Express card offers cardholders rewards points. Cardholders will be able to exchange their points for products and services at the Hilton Exchange Store. You can look through the Hilton Exchange Store at this link.
Hilton Honors American Express card
- Hilton Honors American Express cardholders will earn 7 points for every $1 spent through the Hilton portfolio, or on Hilton resorts or hotels.
Hilton Honors American Express Business Card
- Cardholders will earn 75,000 Bonus Points after spending $3,000 or more with the Hilton Honors business card. Purchases must be made within the first three months of membership. You can earn an additional 25,000 Bonus Points by spending an additional $1,000 within the first six months.
- Hilton Honors American Express Business cardholders will earn 12 points per $1 spent on Hilton hotels and resorts directly from the Hilton portfolio.
Hilton Honors American Express Ascend credit card
- Cardholders will earn 100,000 Bonus Points after spending $3,000 within the first three months of membership.
- Earn 12 points for every $1 spent on a Hilton resort or hotel through the Hilton portfolio. Earn 6 points for every $1 spent at restaurants, supermarkets, and gas stations in the United States.
- Earn 3 points per $1 spent on all other purchases made with your American Express Ascend card.
Hilton Honors American Express Aspire credit card
- Earn 100,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after spending $4,000 within the first three months of membership.
- Earn 14 points for every $1 spent at a Hilton resort or hotel within the Hilton portfolio. Earn 7 points for every $1 spent on flights with Amextravel, car rentals (select rental companies), and restaurants in the United States.
- Cardholders will also earn 3 points for other purchases made with their American Express Aspire card.
Who is the DoubleTree Hilton Credit Card Best For?
Hilton Honors offers four different types of credit cards designed for any budget and travel needs! You can enjoy earning rewards points and other exclusive benefits with each card. The Hilton Honors credit card program is perfect for anybody who loves to travel or who frequently stays at Hilton hotels and resorts.
If you are interested in earning points to exchange for Hilton products and services, then the Hilton Honors American Express cards could be a perfect match!
How to Get a DoubleTree Hilton Credit Card
Visit this link here to learn more about the Hilton Honors American Express cards, and apply for the one that best fits your needs and budget!
What Else Should I Know About?
Hilton Honors American Express
- Enjoy complimentary Silver Status.
Hilton Honors American Express Business
- Earn complimentary Gold Status.
- Earn a weekend Night Reward from Hilton Honors after spending $15,000 with your Hilton Honors American Express Business card in a calendar year. You can also earn an additional Weekend Night Reward after spending an additional $45,000 in the same calendar year.
Hilton Honors American Express Ascend
- Earn complimentary Gold status.
Hilton Honors American Express Aspire
- Earn complimentary Diamond status.
- With the Hilton Honors American Express Aspire card you will have access to Priority pass lounges at over 1,000 airports. You will be able to enter the VIP Priority Pass lounges with two additional guests.
- Cardholders will also receive Purchase Protection, which protects your card against accidental damage (if your card breaks, chips, or scratches) and theft for up to 90 days from the date of purchase. Therefore, if someone confiscates your card and uses it to make unauthorized purchases, then you will be reimbursed for those purchases. Claims must be made within 90 days of the unauthorized purchase date.
Status Program Benefits
- Free Wifi
- No resort fees on reward stays
- Late checkout
- Fifth night free on reward stays
- Elite Rollover Nights
- All benefits from Silver
- Unlimited Mile Bonuses
- Space-Available room upgrades
- Continental Breakfast (at all Hilton portfolio hotels and resorts)
- All benefits from Silver and Gold
- Executive Lounge Access
- Elite Status Gifting
- 48-hour Room Guarantee
Tips For Using a DoubleTree Hilton Honors Credit Card
- Do Your Research! Before you apply for one of the Hilton Honors American Express cards, it is best to research each one to determine which is best for you.The American Express Aspire card offers the most points per $1 spent at Hilton hotels and resorts, but it also comes with the highest annual fee at $95. However, the American Express Ascend card offers rewards points for all purchases.
- Download the American Express Mobile App: Once you have been approved for one of the Hilton Honors American Express cards, download the mobile app for easy and convenient access to your account. Check your account balance and rewards points balance while on the go.
- Always Shop through the Hilton Portfolio: Before you book any travel arrangements, be sure to check the Hilton Portfolio first. You will receive MORE points if you book directly from the Hilton portfolio. If you don’t shop from the portfolio you will be missing out on points and rewards!
How to Use Your DoubleTree Hilton Credit Card with Giving Assistant
When you go to Giving Assistant you’ll find verified coupons for multiple brands that offer up to 30% savings on select items. By using a Giving Assistant-provided link when you shop you have the potential to earn cash back, save on your purchase price, and get the added benefits from your DoubleTree Hilton Credit Card when you pay for your purchase.
To get started, you first need to sign up for an account on Giving Assistant. Once enrolled, visit the Giving Assistant DoubleTree Hilton store page here to view the current coupons, promo codes, and deals.
Download the Giving Assistant browser extension called the Button, to automatically populate the highest-value coupons as you visit thousands of online shopping websites.
Maximize your rewards earnings and saving potential by combining your DoubleTree Hilton Credit Card with discount codes and offers found at Giving Assistant today!