The Emirates NBD Skywards Infinite Visa Credit Card provides exclusive access to a variety of lifestyle products and the coveted airline miles featuring flights aboard the Emirates Airline. It touts itself as being the premier card for frequent travelers and those who enjoy retail therapy.
- Introductory offers include up to 75,000 Skyward Miles. In addition to earning 25,000 Skyward Miles just by opening your card, new account owners can also earn 25,000 miles when retail purchases cumulate to USD 25,000 in the first three months. Account holders can also earn miles by spending up to USD 7,500 on emirates.com within twelve months of a new account opening and earn 25,000 Skyward Miles. Both result in 50,000 Skyward Miles.
- Calling all golf enthusiasts. Complimentary golf at a choice of five premier courses across the UAE.
- Concierge Service. Luxury at its finest! Service includes airport transport up to 4 times per calendar year in the UAE.
- Exclusive deals for holiday packages and airline tickets. By using your card to book holiday travel through the Emirates NBD Travel Desk, cardholders receive a 3% discount on airline tickets, and up to a 10% discount on select holiday packages.
- 2.19% finance charge per month on retail purchases
- 5% monthly minimum payment on current balance
- 55 interest-free days when balance is paid in full
- Annual fee of $438
- Minimum salary requirements to become a cardholder
How the Skywards Miles Program Works
The Emirates NBD Skywards Infinite Card touts its many skyward benefits and miles. For those who place a high value on earning airline miles, this card offers a generous mile accrual rate.
- For every domestic retail spend = 1 mile point (miles per $1)
- International retail spend = 1.5 mile point (miles per $1)
- Spends on the emirates.ae website = 2 mile points and are considered bonus miles
The maximum annual accrual rate is 100,000 points.
Emirates NBD is the exclusive authorizer of the Skywards Infinite Visa Card. This means if you don’t bank with them, your monthly payment must be in the form of a written check deposited by a partner ATM or by going to a physical branch. This can be a major thorn for some.
Who Is This Credit Card Best For?
Citizens of the UAE who love travel and enjoy and array of lifestyle amenities and other luxury perks.
How To Get An Emirates Skywards Visa Credit Card
Likened to joining an ultra posh club, new cardholders must fork over a new cardholder fee to the tune of $408. This card is also not available for citizens outside of the UAE.
What Else Should I Know About?
Redeeming your airline miles gets you not only an Emirates flight, but choices abound with partner airlines including: Continental Airlines, Japan Airlines, Jet Airways, Korean Air, South African Airways and United Airlines.
Tips for Using The Skywards Infinite Visa Credit Card
- First hand look at accruing miles. The Emirates Skyward Infinite Card is a serious competitor among other airline cards as it maximizes the point accrual rate. If your retail spend is low, cardholders can opt into the Express Miles Program for a monthly fee of $68.
- The Express Miles Program allows you to earn up to 50% more points on qualifying retail purchases. Enrollment in the Express Miles Program eliminates the annual cardholder fee.
- If you earned 7,000 miles in a given month, your accrual would be:
7,000 – Regular Miles + 3,500 – Express Miles = 10,500 Miles Earned for the Month
- Consider the annual fee. It’s hard getting around this, but the card does attempt to make up for its steep annual fee in the form of the Express Miles Program. In exchange for a lower monthly fee, you have the ability to increase your points accrual by as much as 50%. Look carefully though, as $68 per month adds up to a whopping $816 annually! Hey, at least you’ll be flying high with those extra miles.
- Use IKEA to furnish your home. For fans of the famed Swedish minimalist store, the Emirates NBD Skywards card offers shoppers the advantage of a 0% installment plan for 6 to 12 months. Interested in decking out your new kitchen the European way? By purchasing home goods, appliances or furniture above AED 500, choose the 0% installment plan and say goodbye to interest fees.
- Other financial perks. For those who place a high value on luxury amenities, this card is worth considering. Dig a bit deeper and you’ll find the financial benefits offer also offer a competitive advantage. Flexible payment options, with 5% being the minimum per month is available to cardholders. Instant cash is available up to 50% of your credit limit from participating ATMs. Just be sure to remember that cash advance fees apply in this situation. Lastly, who can’t appreciate interest-free days? The Skywards Infinite Visa offers cardholders 55 of them, so long as the balance is paid in full by the due date.
How to Use Your Emirates Skywards Infinite Visa Credit Card with Giving Assistant
When you go to Giving Assistant you’ll find verified coupons for multiple brands that offer up to 30% savings on select items. By using a Giving Assistant-provided link when you shop you have the potential to earn cash back, save on your purchase price, and get the added benefits from your Emirates Skywards Infinite Visa Credit Card when you pay for your purchase.
Download the Giving Assistant browser extension called the Button, to automatically populate the highest-value coupons as you visit thousands of online shopping websites.
Maximize your rewards earnings and saving potential by combining your Emirates Credit Card with discount codes and offers found at Giving Assistant today!