Expedia is a travel booking website that offers airline tickets, hotel reservations, car rentals, cruises and vacation packages. Search Expedia and you’ll find competitive, and sometimes exclusive, rates on domestic and international travel.
Expedia’s free rewards program offers points for eligible flights, hotels, car rentals, cruises and vacation packages. Redeem points for future travel bookings on Expedia or donate points to a charity.
With the Expedia Rewards card, earning is easy! In this article, we’ll highlight the top perks of the card, provide you with top details, and explain how you can find savings while using Giving Assistant.
- Earn up to 3 points on purchases. Your dollars spent go further with the Expedia Rewards card. More details below.
- Bonus point introductory offer. Spend $1,000 within the first three months of account opening, and you’ll earn 15,000 bonus points redeemable for $200 toward your stay at a VIP Access hotel.
- Members-only offers. As a cardholder, you’ll have exclusive access to promotions, deals, and benefits to help you save money or earn more points.
- No blackout dates. When it’s time to redeem your points, you can freely book travel without worrying about a block on certain dates.
- Variable Annual Percentage Rate (APR) ranging from 15.49% to 24.49% based on creditworthiness
- No annual fee
- $0.50 minimum finance charge
- Up to $35 late fee
- Eligible Expedia purchases must be paid in full upon reservation. If paid at time of stay, the transaction will not be recognized for bonus offers.
Point System Breakdown
With Expedia Rewards, you’ll earn points for dollars spent. Redeem points for flights, hotel stays, vacation packages and more. Want to know how to start earning? Here’s a breakdown of Expedia Rewards:
- Get 15,000 bonus points after spending $1,000 on purchases in the first 90 days
- Earn 3 points for every $1 spent on eligible Expedia purchases
- Earn 1 point for every $1 spent on all other purchases
- Points will not expire as long your account remains open
- Returns/cancellations will be deducted from your point accumulation
- Cardmembers must be logged into their Expedia Rewards account when booking to receive benefits.
Who is This Credit Card Best For?
The Expedia Rewards card is perfect for travelers! What’s great about this card is that it isn’t exclusive to one method of travel. Whether you’re driving, flying or heading out on a boat, you can find savings by booking with Expedia. As a credit cardholder, you’ll earn points on everyday purchases that can be redeemed to help pay for your travel. Just by swiping your Expedia Rewards card, you’ll earn savings. If you book often with Expedia, you can earn three times the dollar amount spent.
If you’re gearing up for a big purchase, then now is the time to snag your new credit card. After spending $1,000 in the first 90 days with your card, you’ll receive 15,000 bonus points. These points are redeemable for $200 towards your stay at a VIP Access hotel.
How to Get an Expedia Rewards Card
Ready to sign up for your Expedia Rewards card? Visit Expedia’s credit card page and sign into your Expedia account. After logging in, you’ll be redirected to Citi’s website to complete a credit application. You must be at least 18 years of age. You will need to provide personal identifying information, including your social security number and annual income, for a credit check. It can take up to four weeks to receive a decision on your application.
What Else Should I Know About?
Although the Expedia Rewards card offers some amazing benefits, it is important to take note of the fine print.
- Points earned from Expedia aren’t awarded until 30 days after travel is completed.
- Points from card purchases will post to your account within 4-6 weeks of the date of purchase.
- You must be logged in to earn your benefits. If you book travel on Expedia without using your account, you will earn points from the card purchase, but not the bonus points.
- If you are unable to travel, but did not cancel your trip, you will still receive points.
Another good tidbit of information is that you can choose to donate your rewards points to St. Jude’s Children Research Hospital. Many children with cancer are unable to travel, so Expedia has teamed up with St. Judes to bring in 360° cameras and live-streaming technology to bring the world to them.
Tips For Using The Expedia Rewards Card
- Make sure you’re logged in. It’s super important to use your account when booking with Expedia. If not, you can miss out on earning bonus points and other benefits.
- Never shop without a coupon. Before confirming your next purchase, search Expedia on Giving Assistant for verified coupon codes. You don’t want to miss out on any savings.
- Use your card often. The more you use your Expedia Rewards card, the more points you’ll earn! In addition to bonus points on Expedia purchases, you’ll receive points on purchases made anywhere.
How to Use Your Expedia Rewards Card with Giving Assistant
When you go to Giving Assistant you’ll find verified coupons for multiple brands that offer up to 30% savings on select items. By using a Giving Assistant-provided link when you shop you have the potential to earn cash back, save on your purchase price, and get the added benefits from your Expedia Rewards Card when you pay for your purchase.
Download the Giving Assistant browser extension called the Button, to automatically populate the highest-value coupons as you visit thousands of online shopping websites.
Maximize your rewards earnings and saving potential by combining your Expedia Credit Card with discount codes and offers found at Giving Assistant today!