For comfortable, casual, and trendy styles, Gap is the place to shop. Shoppers can satiate their need for women’s and men’s jeans, sweaters, shorts, and tees with style. With the Gap Inc. credit card, you’ll earn rewards toward future Gap purchases.
In this article, we’ll highlight the top perks of the card, and provide you with key details to help you save money while using Giving Assistant.
- Extra 10% off. You’ll save every time you shop at Gap, Gap Factory and other Gap brand stores! Enjoy an extra 10% off every day.
- Cardholder-only special offers. You’ll receive invitations to special shopping events with exclusive discounts. You’ll also receive a gift on your birthday!
- Bonus point shopping days. As a cardholder, you can enjoy bonus points on special shopping days.
- No receipt necessary for returns. There’s no need to hold on to your Gap and Gap Factory store receipts when shopping with your GapCard, because as a cardholder, your returns can be processed without a receipt.
- 26.49% Annual Percentage Rate (APR)
- Up to $38 late fees
- 23-day interest-free purchases
- 24/7 online account maintenance with Synchrony Bank
Rewards System Breakdown
Gap offers two credit cards. Each gives you the opportunity to get cash back. The Gap Visa Card can be used at any retailer, while the Gap Inc. Credit Card can only be used in Gap brand stores, such as:
- Gap Factory
- Old Navy
- Banana Republic
- Earn 5 points for every $1 spent at Gap, Gap Factory, and other Gap brands
- Earn 1 point for every $1 spent everywhere Visa is accepted when using your Gap Visa Credit Card
- Receive a $5 reward for every 500 points you earn, redeemable at stores in the Gap family
Who is This Credit Card Best For?
Who doesn’t love a good pair of Gap jeans? If you stock your wardrobe with comfortable, trendy clothing that leans towards the fashionably conservative, the GapCard offers added perks, benefits and rewards that makes shopping and saving easy. If Gap is your go-to store to shop for apparel, then this credit card is for you. Also, if you shop at any of the stores in the Gap Family listed above (Banana Republic, Old Navy, etc.) this card can benefit you.
How to Get a Gap Credit Card
Ready to sign up for your GapCard? Visit Gap’s Credit Card application and complete the form. You must live in the United States and be at least 18 years of age. You will need to provide personal identifying information, including your social security number and annual income, for a credit check.
You will receive a decision on the status of your application immediately. Once approved, you will receive your card in the mail in 7-10 business days. You’ll save 20% and enjoy free shipping on your first online purchase when opening a GapCard.
What Else Should I Know About?
GapCard holders can “level up” to Gap Silver when they do all of the following:
- Earn 5,000 reward points (excluding bonus points earned and merchandise returns) on your account within one calendar year
- Make at least the minimum payment due on the account by the payment due date after reaching the 5,000 reward points qualifying threshold
- Keep your account in good standing
Upgrades will be processed within 90 to 120 days after qualifying for Silver Level. Additional benefits you’ll receive as a Silver Level member include a quarterly bonus of 20% on your reward points, a Choose Your Own Sale Day, free basic alterations, and free 3-5 Business Day Shipping.
Tips For Using The GapCard
- Take advantage of your introductory offer. You’ll save 20% and enjoy free shipping on your first purchase with the GapCard! Be sure to you use it before it expires 30 days after the account opening.
- Avoid paying interest on purchases. Your due date is at least 23 days after the close of the billing cycle. If you pay your entire credit card balance off by the due date each month, you will avoid paying high interest charges!
- Search for coupons before checking out. Although you’ll earn more points by spending more, it’s always great to save! Don’t check out before searching for a coupon. Below we have a great tip for finding coupons using Giving Assistant.
How to Use Your GapCard with Giving Assistant
When you go to Giving Assistant you’ll find verified coupons for multiple brands that offer up to 30% savings on select items. By using a Giving Assistant-provided link when you shop you have the potential to earn cash back, save on your purchase price, and get the added benefits from your GapCard when you pay for your purchase.
Download the Giving Assistant browser extension called the Button, to automatically populate the highest-value coupons as you visit thousands of online shopping websites.
Maximize your rewards earnings and saving potential by combining your Gap Credit Card with discount codes and offers found at Giving Assistant today!