If you’re looking for a credit card that will help finance and maintain your car, then the Goodyear Credit Card is for you.
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company, known for tires and blimps, has a very rich history beginning in 1839 with the experiments of Charles Goodyear, whose hard work resulted in the vulcanization of rubber (making it consistently durable in heat of summer as well as cold of winter).
Some of the noteworthy achievements of the Goodyear company include the following:
- the first tubeless tires,
- providing tires to Henry Ford for his Model T automobiles
- launched the first helium blimp
- started the first “cross-country” truck line (from Akron to Boston),
- built fighter planes
In 1963, Goodyear Tire & Rubber company manufactured its billionth tire. For business, military, and regular, everyday use, Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company provides great deals to loyal customers. You might be interested to know that Goodyear products have also traveled to the moon!
- 6 months of no interest on purchases over $250 or more (minimum payments required)
- $5 off any oil change when paid with credit card
- Free tire rotation when paying with credit card
- Mailin rebate offers on eligible tires (normally $80 per set of 4, doubled with credit card)
- Exclusive savings on tires and installation
- Interest Rate: APR 29.99%
- No Annual Fee
- Late Payment Fee: $38
Who is This Credit Card Best For?
Anyone who would like good, reliable tires; good deals; and savings will benefit from getting a Goodyear credit card. Anyone who owns multiple of cars, whether for business, pleasure, or family use, would benefit by the savings a Goodyear credit card will provide.
How To Get A Goodyear Credit Card
If you would like to obtain a Goodyear credit card, fill out the application here. For the application process you will need to provide your usual information: name, address, email, phone number, social security number, and date of birth. It is also noted on the application that when you open an account with Goodyear, you may be asked for your driver’s license number and other forms of identification, so that the company can verify your identity.
The information you submit via the online application is secured by the latest in security measures. Your account is also handled by Citigroup, which provides an account portal where you can manage financing, pay your bills, and review your account.
What Else Should I Know About?
You can apply for the credit card and get instant approval either online or in-store, which is great if you are in a tight financial situation or dealing with an emergency. Even without an emergency, it can be so frustrating to have to wait for approval, especially when you are a busy person and you want to check “get tires” off your “to do list.”
Goodyear makes the process easy by providing instant notification upon approval, so you can seamlessly move from the application process to purchasing with no wait.
Tips For Using the Goodyear Credit Card
- Pay it off quickly and on time. The APR is very high, and so is the late fee. You want to enjoy the savings you have gained, not lose them to interest and fees.
- Get the most out of your savings by looking for tires eligible for the mail-in rebate, because it doubles if you use the Goodyear credit card. (Always be sure to follow rebate instructions very closely, as you would with any company offering them, as your rebate can be rejected for inadequate information.)
- Use your credit card whenever you make purchases with Goodyear in order to gain benefits like free tire rotation and $5 off your oil changes.
How to Use Your Goodyear Credit Card with Giving Assistant
When you go to Giving Assistant you’ll find verified coupons for multiple brands that offer up to 30% savings on select items. By using a Giving Assistant-provided link when you shop you have the potential to earn cash back, save on your purchase price, and get the added benefits from your Goodyear Credit Card when you pay for your purchase.
Download the Giving Assistant browser extension called the Button, to automatically populate the highest-value coupons as you visit thousands of online shopping websites.
Maximize your rewards earnings and saving potential by combining your Goodyear Credit Card with discount codes and offers found at Giving Assistant today!