Anyone who has shopped a Guitar Center knows they offer so much more than guitars! It’s a musician’s Mecca, a player’s paradise. With the Guitar Center Gear Card you can increase your savings, get promotional financing, and combine with Giving Assistant for real cash back in your pocket!
- Get 5% back in Guitar Center rewards and 5-10% cash back with Giving Assistant. Receive 5 points for every $1 spent, and $10 in rewards with every 1,000 points. On top of that, Giving Assistant will get you 5% cash back (10% for Power Shoppers) so the savings can start right away!
- No interest if paid in full within 6 months. Get rockin’ now and pay over time! All interest will be deferred for 6 months on equipment purchases over $299 from over 80 great brands.
- New promotional offers all year long. Keep an eye on the Guitar Center website, many of their promotions will change monthly! March offers no interest plans up to 48 months for select purchases, 24 months for most purchases, and 12 months for just about anything else you need.
- No annual fee on most cards
- 24/7 online account maintenance
- 23-day interest-free purchases
- 29.99% variable interest rate
- Up to $38 late fees
- $2 minimum interest fee
Musicians need gear. Guitar Center’s rewards program is designed to keep you playing without breaking the bank.
- 1,000 points = $10 reward certificate
- Earn 5 points for every $1 spent at Guitar Center
See it in Action: You know that fast-growing child of yours that’s been banging on everything he could find since the day he was born? It’s time to get him a drum set and see if he can make something of that habit!
Searching through www.guitarcenter.com you find him a nice Alesis electronic set for $299 to get started. Throw in a $55 drum throne, a $27 bundle of sticks, and a $69 pair of studio headphones (because encouraging his passion does not mean losing your mind) and your shopping cart is full at $450.
Not only will you have 24 months to pay it off without interest, but you just earned a $20 rewards certificate. Add in your Giving Assistant Power Shopper account and you’re also getting $45 cash back to spend on a night out, a few bottles of Excedrin, or anything else you need!
Who is This Credit Card Best For?
If you eat, sleep, and breathe music, you need the Guitar Center Gear Card. Anyone who plays on a regular basis will see reward certificates coming in quickly and with no annual fees there is no reason not to save money! With the cash back savings from Giving Assistant, this application becomes a no-brainer.
How to Get a Guitar Center Gear Card
Applying for the Guitar Center Gear Card is as easy as 1-2-and a 1-2-3-4! Slide over to www.guitarcenter.com/Special-Financing-Offers.gc and tap on “Apply Now.” Fill out a standard application and you’re on your way to musician’s paradise! If you do not qualify for the Gear Card, they do offer an Essentials Card which caters to individuals with little or poor credit.
What Else Should I Know About?
Rewards certificates expire in 90 days, so keep a close eye on those dates to avoid losing everything your hard spending earned you! There is also a limit of $500 in rewards certificates that can be used at one time. Don’t bother trying to save up $3,000 in rewards for a nice new Martin acoustic!
Tips for Using Your Guitar Center Gear Card
- Don’t carry a balance. While the rewards are nice, interest rates have no soul. Pay the balance in full each month to avoid cancelling out your savings with compounding interest!
- Don’t be afraid of customer service. If your credit has improved over time and especially if you’ve made all your Guitar Center payments on time for a year or more, call their customer service department and ask about a better interest rate. Many banks will have some wiggle room to offer a good customer who needs more out of their card.
- Be sure to pay off promotional purchases in time. Carrying the balance on a larger purchase is okay when you have a certain amount of time before interest kicks in but pay attention to how this works! You are not making an “interest-free” purchase; interest is piling up from the day you use the card.If you fail to pay off the purchase in full before your promotional period is up, all of that interest that has been adding up behind the scenes will hit you at once. With an APR of 29.99%, you’ll be singing an entirely different tune the day that bill arrives!
How to Use Your Guitar Center Gear Card with Giving Assistant
When you go to Giving Assistant you’ll find verified coupons for multiple brands that offer up to 30% savings on select items. By using a Giving Assistant-provided link when you shop you have the potential to earn cash back, save on your purchase price, and get the added benefits from your Guitar Center Gear Card when you pay for your purchase.
To get started, you first need to sign up for an account on Giving Assistant. Once enrolled, visit the Giving Assistant Guitar Center store page here to view the current coupons, promo codes, and deals.
Download the Giving Assistant browser extension called the Button, to automatically populate the highest-value coupons as you visit thousands of online shopping websites.
Maximize your rewards earnings and saving potential by combining your Guitar Center Credit Card with discount codes and offers found at Giving Assistant today!