Hilton Worldwide operates 14 hotel and resort brands globally, including:
- Conrad Hotels & Resorts
- Canopy by Hilton
- Curio – A Collection by Hilton
- Hilton Hotels & Resorts
- DoubleTree by Hilton
- Embassy Suites Hotels
- Hilton Garden Inn
- Hampton by Hilton
- Homewood Suites by Hilton
- Home2 Suites by Hilton
- Hilton Grand Vacations and Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts
- Tru by Hilton
- Tapestry Collection by Hilton
Each of these hotels or resorts caters to a different clientele. With Hilton Honors, you’re rewarded for your loyalty when you book stays at any Hilton brand hotel or resort. Recently Hilton took their rewards program to the next level by offering the Hilton Honors American Express Card, which makes earning rewards even quicker and easier.
In this article, we’ll highlight the top perks of the card, provide you with important details, and explain how you can find savings while using Giving Assistant.
- Earn 7X the points on Hilton Hotel bookings. Your dollars spent go further with the Hilton Honors credit card. More details below.
- Book early with your American Express. Not only will you receive Hilton Honors benefits, but also as an American Express cardholder, you’ll receive exclusive access to pre-sales during specified sales periods.
- Automatic Silver Status. Silver is the level above a basic Hilton Honors membership. Everything you need to know about your silver status is below.
- Rack up points with Hilton travel partners. Hilton has teamed up with select car rental companies, cruise lines, railroads, and mobile roaming companies to offer bonus points on purchases. Amtrak, Alamo, Enterprise, CruisesOnly and Travelling Connect are a few of their partners.
- Introductory bonus point offer. New cardholders can earn 50,000 Hilton Honors bonus points after spending $1,000 on eligible purchases within 90 days of opening.
- Variable Annual Percentage Rate (APR) ranging from 17.24% to 26.24% based on creditworthiness
- No annual fee
- Late fees can be up to $38
- 25-day interest-free purchases
- 24/7 online account maintenance
Point System Breakdown
As a cardholder, you’ll automatically receive Silver Status in the Hilton Honors program. That means you have access to additional benefits, which we have highlighted below. Want to know how to start earning? Here’s a breakdown of the Hilton’s Honors program:
- Get 50,000 bonus points after spending $1,000 on purchases in the first 90 days
- Earn 7 bonus points for every $1 spent on purchases made directly with a hotel or resort within the Hilton portfolio
- Earn 5 bonus points for every $1 spent on restaurant, supermarket, and gas station purchases
- Earn 3 bonus points for every $1 spent on all other purchases
- As a Silver Status member, you’ll earn an additional 12 points on every $1 spent on hotel stays.
- Points will expire after 12 months of account inactivity
Who is This Credit Card Best For?
The Hilton Honors American Express card offers benefits for both travelers and non-travelers. If you love to travel, you can redeem your Hilton Honors bonus points for future Hilton brand stays.
A great bonus is this card can be used on everyday purchases wherever American Express is accepted. This means you do not need to be a frequent traveler to earn points.
Whether you’re saving up for one big trip, or you plan on taking many trips this year, you’ll find benefits in signing up for this card, including pre-sales on entertainment event tickets, and no annual fee.
How to Get a Hilton Honors American Express Card
Ready to sign up for your Hilton Honors American Express credit card? Visit American Express’ Hilton Honors credit card page and complete the application. You must be at least 18 years of age and a United States resident with a valid street mailing address. You will need to provide personal identifying information, including your social security number and annual income, for a credit check.
You will receive an automatic response if approved. You can use your card instantly, as American Express provides you with your credit card number. You’ll also receive your card in the mail in 7-10 business days.
What Else Should I Know About?
As a Hilton Honors American Express cardholder, you’ll automatically receive Hilton Honors Silver Status—a step above the basic Hilton Honors membership. You’ll enjoy:
- Complimentary Wi-Fi access
- 12 points earned per $1 spent on stays
- No resort fees on reward stays
- Late checkout
- Advanced room selection at select brands/hotels
- Digital key
- Two water bottles per stay
- Fifth night free on reward nights (excluding Hilton Grand Vacations)
- Elite rollover nights
You can reach Silver Elite Status by booking four stays or 10 nights in a single calendar year. After hitting this milestone, you’ll receive an extra 20% Hilton Honors bonus points. If you make it to Gold status, then you will receive an 80% bonus, and a 100% bonus once you achieve Diamond status.
Tips for Using the Hilton Honors American Express Credit Card
- Never shop without a coupon. Before confirming your next purchase, search Giving Assistant for verified coupon codes. You don’t want to miss out on any savings.
- Pay off your card every 25 days. With a variable APR up to 26.24%, you’ll want to avoid paying interest on your purchases. Get in the habit of paying off your card within the interest-free period for automatic savings.
- Use your card often. The more you use your Hilton Honors card, the more points you’ll earn! You can swipe your card anywhere American Express is accepted, and you’ll earn points for those transactions. Don’t miss out on easy rewards!
- Keep your account active. If you choose to keep your card locked up, be sure to use it at least once every 12 months to avoid losing any points you’ve earned.
How to Use Your Hilton Honors American Express Card with Giving Assistant
When you go to Giving Assistant you’ll find verified coupons for multiple brands that offer up to 30% savings on select items. By using a Giving Assistant-provided link when you shop you have the potential to earn cash back, save on your purchase price, and get the added benefits from your Hilton Honors American Express Card when you pay for your purchase.
Download the Giving Assistant browser extension called the Button, to automatically populate the highest-value coupons as you visit thousands of online shopping websites.
Maximize your rewards earnings and saving potential by combining your Hilton Honors Credit Card with discount codes and offers found at Giving Assistant today!