Hilton is a name that pops up again and again when searching for hotels and resorts. However, with their Hilton Honors Card, you will have access to far more than just a few discounted and free nights in their locations. In this article, we are going to look at not only what the Hilton Honors Card can offer you but how you can use it with Giving Assistant to get the most savings.
- Complimentary Silver Status. With a Hilton Honors Card, you are automatically eligible for their Silver Status which includes perks such as free WiFi, choosing your room, digital keys, and even the chance to escape fees on certain reward stays.
- Vehicle Rental Coverage. If you pay for your entire rental with your Hilton Honors Card and decline the collision damage waiver, you may be covered in the event the vehicle is damaged or stolen. However, not all vehicles are covered. This feature also isn’t applicable in Australia, New Zealand, or Italy.
- Global Assist Hotline. To make traveling a little easier, Hilton Honors card holders have access to the Global Assist Hotline. This hotline can help with medical, legal, and financial advice as well as with emergency coordination and other assistance services.
- No annual fee
- 17.24% to 26.24% variable APR (depending on your credit)
- 25-day interest-free period
- Up to $38 late fees
- No foreign transaction fee
- Access to Hilton’s 24/7 Global Assist Hotline
- Fraud protection
- No overlimit
How the Hilton Honors Card Point System Works
The Hilton Honors Card gives you plenty of opportunities to earn points while you shop—and not just when you stay at one of their hotels or resorts! We will look at how you can earn points with the Hilton Honors Card.
- Welcome offer of 50,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points when you spend $1,000 in purchases on your card during the first three months of membership.
- Earn Hilton Honors Base Points by staying at hotels and resorts under the Hilton brand. Specifically, you will earn 10 points for every eligible U.S. dollar spent on your room.
- You can earn bonus points by signing up for Hilton Honors Bonus Promotions, found here.
- Earn 5x Hilton Honors Bonus Points when you make a purchase at restaurants, supermarkets, and gas stations in the United States.
Who is This Credit Card Best For?
The Hilton Honors Card is rather flexible as it allows you to earn points outside of Hilton. However, since the rewards that you earn are specific to Hilton, this card is best for frequent travelers. In addition to redeeming rewards, a frequent traveler would be more likely to use the services that come with the Hilton Honors Card, such as the Global Assist Hotline and the Car Rental Loss and Damage Insurance.
How to Get a Hilton Honors Card
Obtaining a Hilton Honors Card is rather easy. First, you will have to visit this American Express site to access the application. When you get to this page, you will be asked for the following information:
- Full Name
- Email Address
- Social Security Number
- Date of Birth
- Phone Number
- Total Annual Income
- Income Source
When you apply for this card, you will be subject to a credit check. This will not only determine your eligibility for the Hilton Honors Card, but also determines your APR rate with the card.
What Else Should I Know About?
If you are interested in earning further rewards with a Hilton Card, there are more options available. For example, if you spend $20,000 or more on eligible purchases in a year, you can upgrade your Silver status to the Hilton Honors Gold Status. This, naturally, only lasts a year and you will have to continue to spend $20,000 or more a year to keep it.
There are also higher tier credit cards offered by Hilton and American Express. These include the Hilton Honors Ascend Card and the Hilton Honors Aspire Card. However, these higher tier cards come with a higher price. For the Hilton Honors Ascend Card, the annual fee is $95 and the Hilton Honors Aspire Card is $450.
Tips For Using The Hilton Honors Card
- Pay It Off As Soon As Possible. To avoid late fees and accruing interest, it is best to pay off your Hilton Honors Card as you go. Luckily, the Hilton Honors Card offers a 25-day grace period before your balance begins to accrue interest.
- Use It With Giving Assistant. To get the most savings possible, try using the Hilton Honors Card in tandem with Giving Assistant. Not only will this give you access to valuable coupons, you will also have the chance to earn cash back when you use your Hilton Honors Card.
How to Use Your Hilton Honors Card with Giving Assistant
When you go to Giving Assistant you’ll find verified coupons for multiple brands that offer up to 30% savings on select items. By using a Giving Assistant-provided link when you shop you have the potential to earn cash back, save on your purchase price, and get the added benefits from your Hilton Honors Card when you pay for your purchase.
Download the Giving Assistant browser extension called the Button, to automatically populate the highest-value coupons as you visit thousands of online shopping websites.
Maximize your rewards earnings and saving potential by combining your Hilton Honors Credit Card with discount codes and offers found at Giving Assistant today!