If you’re a fan of do-it-yourself home improvement projects or if you’ve ever needed to look at paint swatches, you have probably found yourself in a Home Depot. And if you have ever taken on a big home or garden project, you know how quickly supplies can run up a bill.
The good news is Home Depot offers two credit card options that can take the financial guesswork out of any project, big or small. Let’s look at what a Home Depot card can do.
- Enjoy Special Everyday Financing on purchases of $299 or more. Get rewarded for finally tackling that home project! When you make a purchase of $299 or more, you will not be charged any interest for the first six months. As long as you have paid off that purchase in six months, you won’t have to worry about any interest payments!
- Take Advantage of 1-year hassle-free returns. Just for being a cardmember at Home Depot, you will have four times longer to make returns than non-cardmembers. That means you have up to one year to make returns on any merchandise bought from a Home Depot store.
- Enjoy Bonus Perks. With a Home Depot credit card, you can enjoy benefits such as gas rewards and 60-days-to-pay with no interest. Enroll your card in Home Depot benefits, and you will receive gas points on every $110 you spend, which are redeemable at participating gas stations. Additionally, you can enjoy double the time to pay off your card with no interest, with 60 days to pay instead of 25 days.
- No annual fee
- 24/7 online account maintenance
- 25-60 day interest-free purchases
- 17.99% – 26.99% APR
- Up to $38 late fees
- $2 minimum interest fee
Here’s How it Works
Ready to take on that home improvement project? The Home Depot credit card makes it easier than ever to get the job done without breaking the bank.
- 6 months interest free on purchases of $229 or more
- 60 days to pay interest free on all purchases
- One year hassle-free returns
See it in Action: Are you finally ready to replace that outdoor deck that has been ready for a remodel for the last decade? With your Home Depot credit card in hand, you are ready to take a project of any size, even if estimating isn’t your strong suit. Head to your local Home Depot, load up with all of the tools and lumber you think you’ll need, and get that project started!
With special financing on purchases of $299 or more, you can rest easy knowing you can get the job done without any worry of interest payments sneaking up on you. And once your deck is completed and you have a pile of lumber left over, you can enjoy hassle-free returns, even if the job took you eight months to complete.
Who is This Credit Card Best For?
Whether you are painting the house, remodeling the bathroom, or just moving house (trollies and moving supplies can add up fast.), the Home Depot credit card is perfect for anyone who is ready to tackle a project. Worry about your project now and payment later.
How to Get a Home Depot Credit Card
With internet access, getting the process started on your new Home Depot credit card is only a click away. Head over to Home Depot Credit Center page and click “Apply Now.” Applying for the card is as easy as filling out your personal information (be sure you have your Social Security Number ready), and you will get an instant offer on the card best suited for you.
What Else Should I Know About?
Luckily, this credit card is pretty straightforward and does not come with any scary fine print to discover the hard way. There is no annual fee for this card. As long as you pay off your balance within three weeks, there will be no surprise interest payments on your bill.
However, if you carry your balance too long, you will be charged interest. The minimum interest charge is $2. If you fail to pay your credit card bill by the due date, you will also see some hefty late fees added to your bill. These can range anywhere between $27-$38 a month, which can add up fast. The bottom line: Stay on top of your credit card payments and you’ll be in the clear.
Tips for Using the Home Depot Credit Card
- Don’t carry a balance. With any credit card, you want to be careful not to carry a balance from month to month. Making the minimum payments each month may keep you out of having to pay any late fees, but the interest you end up paying can make that deck you built cost double in no time.
- Use Your Benefits. Credit cards are great for building credit and make purchases, but the benefits of your credit card are really what make it worth it. Don’t forget to take advantage of those gas and prolonged interest-free periods to really get your money’s worth out of being a Home Depot cardmember!
How to Use Your Home Depot Credit Card with Giving Assistant
When you go to Giving Assistant you’ll find verified coupons for multiple brands that offer up to 30% savings on select items. By using a Giving Assistant-provided link when you shop you have the potential to earn cash back, save on your purchase price, and get the added benefits from your Home Depot Credit Card when you pay for your purchase.
Download the Giving Assistant browser extension called the Button, to automatically populate the highest-value coupons as you visit thousands of online shopping websites.
Maximize your rewards earnings and saving potential by combining your Home Depot Credit Card with discount codes and offers found at Giving Assistant today!