Hot Topic has been dedicated to providing unique and eclectic apparel and accessories for teenagers and young adults since 1989. Their merchandise revolves around both counterculture (punk rock music and pop culture), including movies and TV shows.
With the use of their credit card, the Hot Topic Guest List credit card, consumers can save money and earn perks while they shop. In this article, we are going to look at what exactly this card can offer you.
- 15% off your first purchase. The first purchase that you make with the Hot Topic Guest List credit card gets you 15% off your total purchase.
- $20 off shopping passes. You will get the chance to use $20 shopping passes on purchases of $50 or more, twice per year.
- Exclusive offers. With the use of the Hot Topic Guest List Credit Card, you will get access to special offers and sales. This also involves receiving gifts and specials on your birthday or your Guest List credit card anniversary. You will also get early access to sales and events.
- 25.99% variable APR for purchases
- Interest-free period up to 25 days
- $38 late payment fee
- No annual fee
- 24/7 online account maintenance
- Minimum interest fee of $2
How the Hot Topic Guest List Credit Card Point System Works
With the Hot Topic Guest List Credit Card, you can earn points simply by buying some of your favorite things. In this section, we will look at a breakdown of the points system using a standard Hot Topic Guest List Credit Card.
- 100 points = $5 off reward certificate
- Earn 1 point for every $1 spent
- There is no maximum number of points you can earn. This means you can get a $5 reward certificate for every $100 you spend.
- You will only lose your points if no purchases are made on your account for 13 consecutive months.
- It can take up to 3 days for points to show up in your account. So, if you don’t see them right away, don’t panic.
See it in action: The Hot Topic Guest List Credit Card can only be used on purchases at Hot Topic. As such, you can only earn points in the store or on the Hot Topic website. So, if you were to spend $100 on merchandise, you would receive a $5 off certificate in your account within three days. With this, you can redeem a $5 discount on your next purchase.
Hot Topic Guest List VIP Membership
You can use the Hot Topic Guest List VIP Credit Card to get more bonuses. However, this card is a little different than the Hot Topic Guest List Credit Card. Once you earn 500 points (or spend $500), you are upgraded to VIP status.
The VIP card offers the following benefits:
- 1.25 points for every $1 you spend
- $2 standard shipping for all online purchases made within the 48 contiguous states. Standard shipping for Hawaii and Alaska is $10.
It is important to note that once you upgrade to VIP status, you don’t remain at this level indefinitely. Once you upgrade to VIP status, you keep that status for one year. You must earn another 500 points (or spend another $500) in order to maintain your VIP status.
However, you still earn $5 rewards certificates for every 100 points that you earn; VIP status just allows you to earn these points faster.
Who is This Credit Card Best For?
The Hot Topic Guest List Credit Card is best for shoppers who love and shop at Hot Topic often. If you only shop at Hot Topic a few times a year, you can still slowly accumulate rewards. You only risk losing your account if it remains unused for 13 months or longer.
How To Get a Hot Topic Guest List Credit Card
It’s rather easy to get a Hot Topic Guest List Credit Card. You can either apply in store or you can apply online by following this link. Complete the application, which asks you for your basic contact information and specifics such as your social security number. Your credit doesn’t have to be perfect to qualify for this card either; you only need a fair credit score of around 620. You must also be at least 18 years old.
What Else Should I Know About?
The good news is that the Hot Topic Guest List Credit Card doesn’t involve an annual fee. However, you should be aware of a couple other considerations. First, you should know that the Hot Topic credit card has a 25.99% variable APR. There is also a minimum interest fee of $2, but you can take advantage of the 25-day interest-free period. You should also be careful of late fees, which can amount up to $38.
Tips For Using The Hot Topic Guest List Credit Card
- Pay it off as quickly as you can. This card does, unfortunately, have a high interest rate of 25.99% variable APR. As such, you should consider paying off your balance each month, if possible.
- Be careful of late payments. This card also charges high fees for late and returned payments. So, if you miss a payment or make a late payment, you will incur a fee of up to $38.
- Make a purchase at least once every 13 months. Since you will lose your points otherwise, don’t allow your account to sit inactive for 13 consecutive months.
How to Use Your Hot Topic Guest List Credit Card with Giving Assistant
When you go to Giving Assistant you’ll find verified coupons for multiple brands that offer up to 30% savings on select items. By using a Giving Assistant-provided link when you shop you have the potential to earn cash back, save on your purchase price, and get the added benefits from your Hot Topic Guest List Credit Card when you pay for your purchase.
Download the Giving Assistant browser extension called the Button, to automatically populate the highest-value coupons as you visit thousands of online shopping websites.
Maximize your rewards earnings and saving potential by combining your Hot Topic credit card with discount codes and offers found at Giving Assistant today!