For everything from clothes and shoes to bedding and kitchen appliances, JCPenney has you covered! Women, men and children can receive big savings on their purchases and reap the benefits of JCPenney’s store credit card.
In this article, we’ll highlight the top perks of the card, provide you with key details, and explain how you can get the biggest bang for your buck while using Giving Assistant.
- Save up to 31.5%-33% total on qualifying online purchases at JCPenney when you combine your store credit card savings with Giving Assistant cash back. (1.5% cash back for Savvy Shoppers, 3% cash back for Power Shoppers)
- Earn a $10 reward for every 200 points. As a credit card member, you’ll automatically be enrolled in JCPenney Rewards. For every $1 spent using your credit card, you’ll earn 1 point. More details below.
- Special savings and bonus events. On your birthday, you’ll receive special savings to redeem online or in-store. Credit card members also receive exclusive coupons and invitations to bonus point events.
- 26.99% Annual Percentage Rate (APR)
- Up to $38 late fees
- No annual fee
- $2 minimum interest fee
- 23-day interest-free purchases
- 24/7 online account maintenance
Point System Breakdown
Enroll in JCPenney Rewards to make your dollars go even further! You will receive points for dollars spent online at jcp.com or in-store. Credit card members who live in the United States and are 18 years of age or older will automatically be enrolled in the program. Want to know how to start earning? Here’s a breakdown of JCPenney Rewards:
- Get a $10 reward for 200 points
- Earn 1 JCPenney Rewards point for every $1 spent with a JCPenney credit card
- Earn 1 JCPenney Rewards point for every $2 spent with a different method of payment
- Earn up to 2,000 points maximum annually
- Return purchases will result in a deduction from your point total
- Points will not expire as long you earn points for a qualifying purchase at least once in a 12-month period
- The following purchases will not earn you points: purchases made at sephora.com, gift cards, home services, service plans, international purchases, sales tax, state fees, and charges and fees.
Who is This Credit Card Best For?
Do you shop at JCPenney regularly? Then the JCPenney credit card is for you! As a credit card member, you’ll enjoy exclusive discounts and can receive a return on your regular purchases. That’s automatic savings!
If you don’t shop at JCPenney regularly, but make a few large purchases throughout the year, you can still receive the benefits of a JCPenney credit card. Whether you need to do a big back-to-school shopping trip for your children, or stock up on home goods for a summer bash, the JCPenney credit card program will provide you with great savings.
How to Get a JCPenney Credit Card
Ready to sign up for your JCPenney credit card? Visit JCPenney’s Credit Center and complete the application. You must live in the United States and be at least 18 years of age. You will need to provide identifying information, including your social security number and annual income for a credit check. Once approved, you will receive your card in the mail within 7-10 business days.
What Else Should I Know About?
JCPenney offers two credit card levels: Gold and Platinum. In a calendar year, you must spend $500 or more on merchandise to earn or maintain Gold Status. Spend $1000 or more to achieve Platinum Status. Both card levels come with additional opportunities to save including a “Pick Your Own Sale” Day and Platinum Cardmember Appreciation.
Tips For Using a JCPenney Credit Card
- Never shop without a coupon. Shopping without a coupon is like giving your money away for free! JCPenney almost always has an exclusive coupon available for credit cardmembers. Before confirming your next purchase, search JCPenney on Giving Assistant for verified coupon codes. As a Savvy Shopper on Giving Assistant, you’ll receive 1.5% cash back on all purchases made with your JCPenney credit card, helping you pay down your balance. That’s even more savings!
- Pay your card off in full every 23 days. Leave the giving away money part to us! JCPenney’s 26.99% APR can sometimes cause you to pay more on interest than your actual purchase. You want to avoid this. You can do so by paying your card off in full every 23 days.
- Keep your card active. JCPenney credit card members are automatically enrolled in JCPenney Rewards. In order to avoid losing any points you’ve earned, you must keep your credit card active by making a qualifying purchase at least once every 12 months. You will also need to spend $500 or $1000 each year to maintain your gold and platinum status, respectively.
How to Use Your JCPenney Credit Card with Giving Assistant
When you go to Giving Assistant you’ll find verified coupons for multiple brands that offer up to 30% savings on select items. By using a Giving Assistant-provided link when you shop you have the potential to earn cash back, save on your purchase price, and get the added benefits from your JCPenney Credit Card when you pay for your purchase.
Download the Giving Assistant browser extension called the Button, to automatically populate the highest-value coupons as you visit thousands of online shopping websites.
Maximize your rewards earnings and saving potential by combining your JCPenney Credit Card with discount codes and offers found at Giving Assistant today!