Home improvement aficionados will be very familiar with Lowe’s, as well as how expensive many projects can be. The Lowe’s Advantage card offers benefits that make these projects more affordable. And when using the Lowe’s Advantage card with Giving Assistant, it can become a powerful tool to get the home you’ve always dreamed of!
- Get 4-8% cash back with Giving Assistant. Use Giving Assistant with your Lowe’s Advantage card and receive 4% cash back (8% for Power Shoppers).
- Receive a 5% discount on every day purchases. Unlike many store credit cards, at Lowe’s your savings are immediate. No saving up points and trying to keep track of a gift certificate. You spend, you save. It doesn’t get any simpler!
- Choose 6 months no interest instead of the 5% discount. On purchases over $299, you can take a deferred interest option instead of the immediate discount. If the purchase is paid in full within 6 months, no interest will be charged (interest accrued from the date of purchase will be assessed if it is not paid in full at that time).
- $30 off your first in-store purchase. If you apply in store, get approved, and make a purchase all in one visit, you will be eligible for an immediate $30 discount. It should be noted that this is a choice between $30 and 5%, and whichever is greater will be applied (anything under $600 gets the $30 back).
- No annual fee
- 24/7 online account maintenance
- 23-day interest-free purchases
- 99% variable interest rate
- Up to $38 late fees
- $2 minimum interest fee
Who is This Credit Card Best For?
The Lowe’s Advantage card truly is advantageous for anyone who regularly tackles household projects. Recipients of Lowe’s military or employee discounts will not receive the 5% discount, as their discounts are already greater. Still, the financing benefits are excellent for any major purchases.
How to Get a Lowe’s Advantage Card
Applying for the Lowe’s Advantage card is easier than replacing a light switch (and if you think that’s easy, this is definitely the card for you)! Head over to Lowe’s Advantage Card and click “Apply Now.” You’ll select a card design from their two options and then fill out a quick application. Keep in mind that in order to receive the $30 discount, you must apply in store! Any store associate will be able to point you in the right direction.
What Else Should I Know About?
While the card does come with some great features and a nice discount, pay close attention to other promotions. In many cases the 5% off will not stack with them. Employee and military discounts were mentioned above, but contractor packs, manager’s discretion price reductions, and other coupons cannot be combined with the Advantage discount.
Using Your Lowe’s Advantage Card Responsibly
- Don’t carry a balance. This is generally the first rule of any credit card, and the Lowe’s Advantage is no different. At 26.99% APR, interest will add up quickly on major purchases.
- Choose your benefits wisely. If you need to make a major purchase and you’re not cash rich at the moment, consider taking the deferred interest instead of the immediate discount.For example, if you spend $300 on a new vanity for your bathroom, your 5% discount will save you $15. Spreading the payments over 6 months will save you over $40 in interest charges.
- Pay off deferred interest before the promotional period ends. It cannot be stressed enough how important it is to make sure these purchases are paid before that interest kicks in.Note: Deferred interest is NOT the same as no interest. Interest will accrue from the date of purchase. If the balance is not paid off in that time, it will all get added onto your balance at once. On a major purchase with an interest rate this high, that can be a major hit to your wallet!
How to Use Your Lowe’s Advantage Card with Giving Assistant
When you go to Giving Assistant you’ll find verified coupons for multiple brands that offer up to 30% savings on select items. By using a Giving Assistant-provided link when you shop you have the potential to earn cash back, save on your purchase price, and get the added benefits from your Lowe’s advantage card when you pay for your purchase.
Download the Giving Assistant browser extension called the Button, to automatically populate the highest-value coupons as you visit thousands of online shopping websites.
Maximize your rewards earnings and saving potential by combining your Lowe’s Advantage Card with discount codes and offers found at Giving Assistant today!