Macy’s has always been America’s favorite department store. It is the classic one-stop-shop for everything from bedding to clothes for the entire family. And if it’s time for a wardrobe or home makeover, you know how quickly a bill can run up.
That’s where the Macy’s credit card comes in. Macy’s offers two credit card options that allow you to enjoy big savings on your Macy’s purchases. Let’s check out what the Macy’s credit card can do.
- Get 20% off the day (and the next day) you open your card. The day of a big Macy’s purchase is the perfect day to open your credit card. Whether you are purchasing new towels for your home or taking your kids back-to-school shopping, opening a Macy’s card will take 20% off your purchase.
- Get rewarded for using your card with Star Rewards. With your Macy’s credit card, every purchase you make earns you stars, which turn into big rewards. With Star Rewards, you can enjoy free shipping, birthday offers, and even extra spending money.
- Save 25% any day you choose with Star Passes. As a Macy’s cardmember, you will also be gifted with Star Passes that allow you to take an extra 25% off a few purchases every year. You can cash these passes in whenever you like. You can save them for special occasions or for a day you feel like splurging on a new handbag.
- No annual fee
- 24/7 online account maintenance
- 25-60 day interest-free purchases
- 49% APR
- Up to $38 late fees
- $2 minimum interest fee
Here’s How it Works
Ready for a shopping spree? The Macy’s card makes it easier than ever to afford the things you need for your home.
- 20% the day (and day after) you sign up
- Earn Star Points as you go
- Save an extra 25% with Star Passes
See it in Action: Are you ready to purchase all new bedding for your home? Do your kids need all new clothes for the coming school year? With a Macy’s card, you’re ready to transform any room of your house or any member of your family’s wardrobe.
Open the card on the day of a big purchase to save 20% on your entire in-person or online order. As a bonus, you can also enjoy 20% off the day after you open your card. That is the perfect recipe for a two-day shopping spree.
If you are already a card member, you can still enjoy excellent savings and deals on all of your favorite brands at Macy’s. The more money you spend on your Macy’s card, the more fun perks are available to you.
After spending $500, your card will be upgraded to gold status, which means you can enjoy free shipping on online purchases and a special offer on your birthday. After you have spent $1,200, your card upgrades to platinum.
On top of all of your current benefits, platinum cardholders can enjoy 5% back in rewards on every purchase they make at Macy’s. That means for every $200 spent, you earn an extra $10 to spend at Macy’s.
Who is This Credit Card Best For?
Whether you shop at Macy’s occasionally or every day, this card is for you. Use this card once to enjoy 20% off your purchase, or use this card every day and benefit from all of the perks it has to offer.
How to Get a Macy’s Credit Card
You can apply for a Macy’s card at any Macy’s location, or with internet access, you can apply from the comfort of your own home. Head over to https://www.macys.com/my-credit/gateway/guest and click “Apply Now.”
Applying for the card is as easy as filling out your personal information (be sure you have your Social Security Number ready), and you will be on your way to big savings.
What Else Should I Know About?
Macy’s offers a great card with no hidden fees or negative surprises to discover later. There is no annual fee for your Macy’s card, and as long as you stay on top of your balance and pay it off within three weeks, you can avoid incurring any interest fees.
However, if you carry your balance from month to month, you will be charged interest. The minimum interest charge is $2. If you fail to pay the minimum charge on the credit card bill by the due date, you can also expect to see unwanted late fees of up to $38, which can add up fast. At the end of the day, if you keep up with your card balance, you won’t have to worry about any surprise charges on your card.
Tips for Using the Macy’s Store Credit Card
- Don’t carry a balance. With any credit card, you want to be careful not to carry a balance from month to month. Making the minimum payments each month may keep you out of having to pay any late fees, but those interest charges can quickly overpower any savings you enjoyed when purchasing your new wardrobe.
- Use Your Benefits. Credit cards are great for building credit and making purchases, but the benefits of your credit card are really what make it worth it. Don’t forget to take advantage of those star rewards points and star passes. Shop smart for extra savings!
How to Use Your Macy’s Store Credit Card with Giving Assistant
When you go to Giving Assistant you’ll find verified coupons for multiple brands that offer up to 30% savings on select items. By using a Giving Assistant-provided link when you shop you have the potential to earn cash back, save on your purchase price, and get the added benefits from your Macy’s Store credit card when you pay for your purchase.
To get started, you first need to sign up for an account on Giving Assistant. Once enrolled, visit the Giving Assistant Macy’s Store store page here to view the current coupons, promo codes, and deals.
Download the Giving Assistant browser extension called the Button, to automatically populate the highest-value coupons as you visit thousands of online shopping websites.
Maximize your rewards earnings and saving potential by combining your Macy’s Store Credit Card with discount codes and offers found at Giving Assistant today!