If you are looking for large appliances for your house, such as washing machines or refrigerators, Maytag is a popular brand name. While Maytag doesn’t have a store credit card to help with these large purchases, they have paired up with Brandsource to offer special financing to their customers.
In this article, we are going to take a look at how the Brandsource credit card can help you with your Maytag purchases, and how you can find even more savings with Giving Assistant.
- No liability on unauthorized purchases. Many people fear that credit cards will be stolen, and authorized users will rack up debt in the cardholder’s name. However, Brandsource credit card holders have $0 liability in the event their cards are stolen and used to make unauthorized purchases. Brandsource allows credit card holders to shop without fear!
- Special financing. Maytag realizes that buying new household appliances isn’t always the most inexpensive purchase. As such, they have teamed up with Brandsource to offer customers special financing options through a special line of credit dedicated to their home appliance needs.
- Savings offers. With the Brandsource credit card, Maytag offers promotional rebate savings offers, offering you a chance at more savings.
- 99% APR for purchases
- Late payment fee of up to $38
- No annual fee
- 25-day interest-free period on purchases
- Minimum interest charge of $2
- Online account maintenance
Who is This Credit Card Best For?
Since the Brandsource credit card isn’t solely for Maytag customers, it has a wider appeal than many other store credit cards. Rather, they have teamed up with a variety of stores that sell the following types of products:
- Floor covering
- Kitchen & Bath
By using Brandsource’s store locator, you can customize a search to find which products are sold at a location near you. This makes this card a good choice for anyone who is moving, or remodeling or re-furnishing their home.
The only drawback is that this credit card can’t be used on day-to-day purchases, limiting its functionality. Due to its nature, it is best to use this card for financing large home purchases rather than for frequent, smaller purchases, such as gas or groceries.
How to Get a Brandsource Credit Card
The process for getting a Brandsource credit card is rather straightforward. You can apply from a link on Maytag’s website or through Brandsource directly. Either way, the link that these websites use will both take you there. Once you are on this page, you will be asked for some basic information, such as contact information, social security number, employment and income.
You must be at least 18 years old and have a permanent address in the United States in order to be eligible for this card. In addition, all applicants will be subject to a credit check to verify their eligibility.
According to Maytag’s website, in some cases, the decision on the credit card will be immediate. In the event it isn’t, though, you will be notified by U.S. mail within 30 days of applying. If your application is approved, you will receive your Brandsource credit card within 14 days.
What Else Should I Know About?
The most important thing to understand about the Brandsource credit card is that it is paired with Maytag. Maytag themselves do not offer a credit card. As such, you may not receive some of the benefits that you might be used to with other store cards. The Brandsource credit card does not offer rewards.
Tips For Using The Brandsource Credit Card
- Make Regular Payments. Maytag offers the Brandsource card as a “special financing” option for your big home appliance purchases. This card comes with a 25-day interest-free grace period after a purchase. After the 25-day interest-free period, any outstanding balance will incur interest at the assigned rate.If a payment is not received within this time period, then a minimum late fee of $38 will be applied. After one or more late payments, then interest rate may increase. To help avoid these extra charges, get into the habit of making on-time payments, or paying off your balance within the 25-day period.
- Use The Online Portal To Track Spending. One handy feature that Brandsource offers is an online portal to track information on your credit card. You can use this to keep an eye on your balance and your account at your convenience.
- Use Your Brandsource Credit Card With Giving Assistant. If you want to get the most savings possible, consider pairing your Brandsource Credit Card with a Giving Assistant account. This will give you access to coupons and cash back when you shop.
How to Use Your Maytag Brandsource Credit Card with Giving Assistant
When you go to Giving Assistant you’ll find verified coupons for multiple brands that offer up to 30% savings on select items. By using a Giving Assistant-provided link when you shop you have the potential to earn cash back, save on your purchase price, and get the added benefits from your Maytag Brandsource credit card when you pay for your purchase.
To get started, you first need to sign up for an account on Giving Assistant. Once enrolled, visit Giving Assistant to view the current coupons, promo codes, and deals.
Download the Giving Assistant browser extension called the Button, to automatically populate the highest-value coupons as you visit thousands of online shopping websites.
Maximize your rewards earnings and saving potential by combining your Maytag Brandsource Credit Card with discount codes and offers found at Giving Assistant today!