Nordstrom, an American department store chain, offers a wide selection of classy women’s and men’s clothing, shoes, accessories and beauty products. Customers who shop at Nordstrom Rack continue to return, finding their favorite brands that suit their personal style. With a Nordstrom Credit Card, you’ll benefit from frequent shopping trips to Nordstrom Rack, Nordstrom, and HauteLook.
In this article, we’ll highlight the top perks of the card, tell you all the details you’ll want to know, and explain how you can find extra savings while using Giving Assistant.
- Earn a $20 Nordstrom Note for every 2,000 points. Nordstrom Notes are digital or paper certificates that you can spend at Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack, and HauteLook. By swiping your Nordstrom Card, you’ll earn points quicker than the average shopper. More details below.
- Personal Triple Points Day. You can pick any day once a year to earn triple points when using your Nordstrom credit card.
- Shop with confidence with Alterations Notes. As a cardholder, you’ll be reimbursed in the form of Nordstrom Notes for alterations on Nordstrom and Nordstrom Rack purchases up to $100 total.
- Members-only special offers. As an insider, you’ll have early access to Nordstrom’s biggest event of the year—the Anniversary Sale. You can also earn points faster with special bonus point events throughout the year.
- Introductory offer. If approved for a Nordstrom credit card, you can sign in to Nordstrom or Nordstrom Rack’s website and make a purchase the same day to receive a $40 bonus Note.
- Up to 24.40% Annual Percentage Rate (APR)
- No annual fee
- Up to $38 in late fees
- 25-day interest-free purchases
- 24/7 online account maintenance
Rewards System Breakdown
As a Nordstrom Cardholder, you’ll automatically start earning rewards as a “cardmember.” This gives you additional benefits from Nordstrom’s basic rewards program. You begin as a Level 1 cardmember. The more you spend, the more likely you are to advance to another level. More details below. Here’s a breakdown of the rewards program:
- Earn 2 points for every dollar you spend at Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack, and HauteLook
- After an accrual of 2,000 points, cardholders will receive a Nordstrom Note
- When it comes to bonus points, the maximum number of points that can be earned per dollar is 10.
- Return purchases will result in a deduction from your point total
- Points expire three years from the last day of the year in which the points were earned, or when your Nordstrom Card is closed
Who is this Credit Card Best For?
For the classy chic fashionista, the Nordstrom Rack Credit Card will reward you for your loyalty as you spend your dollars stocking your wardrobe. If Nordstrom is your go-to store for new clothing and accessories, this card is definitely for you.
How to Get a Nordstrom Credit Card
Ready to sign up for your Nordstrom Credit Card? Visit Nordstrom’s Credit Card Application and complete the form. You must be at least 18 years of age to apply and live in the United States. Special rules apply in Alabama and Nebraska, where you must be 19 years old or older to apply. In the state of Mississippi and Puerto Rico, 21 is the minimum age for approval.
You will need to provide personal identifying information, including your social security number and annual income, for a credit check. You’ll also need to provide information from a government-issued ID. You will receive a decision on the status of your application immediately. Once approved, you will receive your card in the mail in 7-10 business days.
What Else Should I Know About?
As you spend more dollars with your Nordstrom Credit Card, you move closer to “leveling up” and unlocking even more savings and benefits. As your level increases, you get more bonus point events and triple points days. To move up to a Level 2 cardmember, you must purchase an annual minimum of $2,000; to achieve Level 3, you must purchase an annual minimum of $5,000; and to reach the highest level (Level 4), then you must spend at least $10,000 at Nordstrom Rack locations. Top benefits for a Level 4 cardmember include VIP Rewards and Extraordinary Experiences, which include a spa or dining experience, a private shopping event, and more.
Tips for Using The Nordstrom Credit Card
- Check your email. As a cardholder, Nordstrom will send exclusive invitations, bonus point offers, discounts, and coupons right to your inbox. To maximize savings, check your email.
- Shop often. The more you shop, the more you’ll earn. The more you earn, the closer you’ll get to leveling up!
- Max out your alterations benefit. With a Level 1 card membership, you’re guaranteed $100 to put toward alterations of Nordstrom and Nordstrom Rack purchases. Be sure to take advantage of this benefit and make sure your clothes are the best fit. As you move up the levels, you’ll be reimbursed even more for alterations on the clothing you buy:
- Level One: $100 reimbursement for alterations
- Level Two: $200 reimbursement for alterations
- Level Three: $300 reimbursement for alterations
- Level Four: Unlimited alterations
How to Use Your Nordstrom Rack Credit Card with Giving Assistant
When you go to Giving Assistant you’ll find verified coupons for multiple brands that offer up to 30% savings on select items. By using a Giving Assistant-provided link when you shop you have the potential to earn cash back, save on your purchase price, and get the added benefits from your Nordstrom Rack credit card when you pay for your purchase.
To get started, you first need to sign up for an account on Giving Assistant. Once enrolled, visit the Giving Assistant Nordstrom Rack store page here to view the current coupons, promo codes, and deals.
Download the Giving Assistant browser extension called the Button, to automatically populate the highest-value coupons as you visit thousands of online shopping websites.
Maximize your rewards earnings and saving potential by combining your Nordstrom Rack Credit Card with discount codes and offers found at Giving Assistant today!