For those who can’t get enough of Old Navy’s affordable and stylish selections for the whole family, this retailer offers an easy-to-use, point-collecting card packed with benefits and rewards.
Old Navy offers a variety of credit cards: the Old Navy Credit Card, the Old Navy Visa Card, and the Old Navy Navyist Card.
This article will discuss how to become an Old Navy cardholder, as well as the ins and outs of collecting points and how to best maximize the rewards from the program.
- 20% off your first purchase using your Old Navy card. As for your online purchases, the discount will be applied automatically to the checkout total. Members should note that the opening discount of 20% is only good for the first 90 days after you open the account, and it is only applicable to Old Navy merchandise.
- Get 5 points for every $1 that you spend on their brands, either in-store or online. In addition, the card program offers 1 point per every $1 you spend where Visa credit cards are accepted. That includes purchases related to food, drink, travel, gas, and more.
- Get a $5 reward for every 500 points earned for using your card. The point system will be explained later in this article.
- 24% interest rate
- $0 annual fee
- 25-day grace period on late payments only if the previous balance is $0 or paid in full
- $1 minimum finance charge
- $29 returned check fee
- Scaled late payment fee:
- $10 if balance equals but does not exceed $29.99
- $25 if balance is between $30 and $249.99
- $29 if balance is between $250 and $999.99
- $35 if balance exceeds $1,000
How the Old Navy Credit Card Point System Works
Touted as the highest level when it comes to cardholder status, the Navyist card is made available when you accumulate 5,000 points in one calendar year. Navyist members can enjoy a few more benefits than their regular Old Navy or Old Navy Visa counterparts. These perks include:
- 20% extra reward points each quarter that you are enrolled in their program.
- Free shipping using the code NAVYIST if you purchase from Old Navy and their other participating brands, such as Banana Republic, Gap, and Athleta online.
- Free basic alterations on merchandise purchased at Banana Republic.
One of the great things is that the program extends to purchases made on merchandise not just from Old Navy, but from Gap, Banana Republic, and Athleta. If you take advantage of the special promotions which are offered from time to time, you can increase your savings using either your store card or your Visa store card.
For every 1,000 rewards points you earn, you will be gifted a $10 Rewards Card, which can then be redeemed on any of the participating sites or in participating stores. The Rewards Card is issued with your billing statement.
As an added bonus, those who sign up for paperless billing will also be granted a one-time reward of 500 points!
Who is This Credit Card Best For?
The Old Navy card is largely marketed toward faithful and repeat Old Navy shoppers, or shoppers who frequent their participating stores. Because of the higher interest rate, this card works best for people who do not have a problem paying off their balance at the end of each month. If you are someone who maintains a balance on their credit card month to month, the interest rate will start to build up.
Some Old Navy cardholders have received lower credit limits due to maintaining a revolving balance. However, this can easily be avoided by staying on top of your credit card bills each month.
How to Get An Old Navy Credit Card
If you would like to apply for an Old Navy Credit or Visa Card. You must be at least 18 years of age, have a valid United States address, a taxpayer ID number or a social security number handy, and you must also fill out information regarding your Annual Net Income. The process online takes only a few minutes, and you will be able to use your card in no time.
If you would like to apply for one of their cards in person, you will need a valid driver’s license or some other type of accepted identification. You will either get a response instantly of approval or, if you do not qualify, a letter of explanation will be sent to you within seven to 10 days.
What Else Should I Know About?
Old Navy Visa cardholders will enjoy a heightened level of security. As with most recently issued credit cards, the Old Navy card comes equipped with a fraud-prevention chip as well as signature technology. This prevents any unauthorized user to make purchases with your card, as the information is encrypted thanks to the chip technology.
As an added bonus, Old Navy will not charge any fraud liability. Their website, however, does make clear that authorized users can use the card; the security measure simply extends to unauthorized purchases.
Account holders can enjoy complete online access to their accounts, wherein they can check and pay their balances, add an authorized user to their card, and manage other features.
How to Use Your Old Navy Credit Card with Giving Assistant
When you go to Giving Assistant you’ll find verified coupons for multiple brands that offer up to 30% savings on select items. By using a Giving Assistant-provided link when you shop you have the potential to earn cash back, save on your purchase price, and get the added benefits from your Old Navy credit card when you pay for your purchase.
Download the Giving Assistant browser extension called the Button, to automatically populate the highest-value coupons as you visit thousands of online shopping websites.
Maximize your rewards earnings and saving potential by combining your Old Navy Credit Card with discount codes and offers found at Giving Assistant today!