Orbitz has been taking people around the world for over 16 years. And and with their reward program, you’ll be over the moon! The Orbitz Rewards Visa boosts the standard rewards program and offers entirely new perks of its own.
Let’s take a trip through what this card has to offer, who should use it, and how to increase your savings by combining its advantages with Giving Assistant.
- Get up to 10% back in Orbucks and 7-14% cash back with Giving Assistant. Rewards vary depending on the purchase, but the highlight is 8% back in Orbucks on hotels booked with the Orbitz Rewards Visa (10% using the app, but no cash back). Giving Assistant will add 7% cash back (14% for Power Shoppers) on any purchase!
- 2% back on all other purchases. You can save for your next vacation all year long by collecting 2% back in Orbucks on any other purchase with the card. Every time you buy gas, groceries, or even pay your utility bill with the card, you’ll be putting money toward your next escape!
- $100 statement credit when you spend $1,500 in the first 90 days. $1,500 may seem like a lot to spend in 90 days, but if you open your account specifically to book a vacation, that limit will be in your rearview in no time! Keep in mind that with that $100 credit you’ll also be getting up to $150 in Orbucks rewards and $210 cash back for Giving Assistant Power Shoppers!
- No foreign transaction fees. Don’t be shackled by borders! With the Orbitz Rewards Visa you never pay extra to shop in whatever paradise you’ve chosen to visit! You will be able to use this card everywhere Visa is accepted, so you can easily stock up on souvenirs, without worrying about foreign transaction fees that can take the wind out of your sails!
- No annual fee
- 24/7 online account maintenance
- 23-day interest-free purchases
- 24, 21.24, or 26.24% variable interest rate (dependent on credit rating at time of approval)
- Up to $38 late fees
- $2 minimum interest fee
Here’s an example of the points system in action: Get paid for your wanderlust! Orbitz Rewards Visa system is designed to save you money on every aspect of your travel. Let’s explore a few of the features.
- $1 Orbuck = $1 to use on Orbitz
- 8-10% Orbucks back on hotels
- 6% Orbucks back on flights
- 2% Orbucks back on all other purchases
A family of five sick of the East Coast winter decide to see the Grand Canyon. They plan 5 days and 4 nights in January to explore the park, and Mom is smart enough to use Orbitz to book it. She finds the hotel in Flagstaff for $207 a night, roundtrip tickets for $788 each, and a midsize rental car for $253. The total cost of $5,021 is daunting, but Dad comes in and suggests they apply for the Orbitz Rewards Visa card. Just like that they receive a $100 statement credit and $308 in Orbucks rewards toward their next trip!
Even better, their 7-year old suggests signing up as a Giving Assistant Power Shopper for $5.99 per year, and they immediately earn $687 cash back! All told this family just received over $1,000 in rewards on one vacation!
Who is This Credit Card Best For?
This card is perfect for anyone who vacations at least once per year. The rewards are some of the best we’ve seen, but many of the benefits only apply if you keep your card in an active status (used at least once in 12 months). The more you travel with this card, the better your rewards get!
How to Get an Orbitz Rewards Visa Card
Applying for the Orbitz Rewards Visa will be the least stressful part of your entire vacation! Surf over to www.orbitz.com/rewards/visacard and click “Apply Now.” The application process is quick and easy. If you are approved, then you’ll even get a temporary card number to use for up to 96 hours until your regular card arrives. That means if you need to book your trip now, you can be approved and start saving money immediately!
What Else Should I Know About?
Orbitz offers one of the most comprehensive rewards programs around. As great as that is, it means we can’t possibly cover all the ins and outs of the program in this space! This plan is definitely something you’ll want to spend some time reviewing on their website to make sure you are getting the most from your card.
*Another important note: Giving Assistant is not currently compatible with mobile apps—yet (but we are working on it!) This means when booking through the Orbitz app you will not be able to take advantage of the cash back offer.
Tips for Using the Orbitz Rewards Card
- Pay more than the minimum each month. Typically, it’s best to pay your balance in full each month, but given the cost of vacations these days, let’s be practical. While the Orbitz Visa interest rates are lower than many retail cards, they will still add up quickly if you only make the minimum each month.
- Use the website, not the app. While you get an extra 2% back in Orbucks if you use the app instead of the website, you receive 7-14% cash back with Giving Assistant, which is only available via the website (for the moment). The difference in savings is significant, and you can use the cash back anywhere!
- Review your credit periodically. If you did not get the lowest rate at the opening of your account, you may be eligible for it down the road. If your credit is improving, do not hesitate to contact customer service and ask about lowering your rate. With a 9% difference in APR between the top and bottom tiers, there is plenty of room for savings there!
How to Use Your Orbitz Rewards Visa Card with Giving Assistant
When you go to Giving Assistant you’ll find verified coupons for multiple brands that offer up to 30% savings on select items. By using a Giving Assistant-provided link when you shop you have the potential to earn cash back, save on your purchase price, and get the added benefits from your Orbitz rewards visa card when you pay for your purchase.
Download the Giving Assistant browser extension called the Button, to automatically populate the highest-value coupons as you visit thousands of online shopping websites.
Maximize your rewards earnings and saving potential by combining your Orbitz Rewards Visa Card with discount codes and offers found at Giving Assistant today!