As a leader in the gaming industry since 1994, PlayStation offers incredible products and virtual experiences. PlayStation, owned by Sony Interactive Entertainment, has its own store with games, movies, TV shows, and music. When you spend at the PlayStation Store, you can earn Sony Rewards to redeem for games, electronics, and more. With the PlayStation Credit Card, your dollars spent with PlayStation and Sony will go even further.
In this article, we’ll highlight the top perks of the card, provide you with important details, and explain how to find savings while using Giving Assistant.
- Earn 5X the points on PlayStation Store purchases. The more you swipe at the PlayStation Store, the quicker you’ll accumulate enough points to redeem items in the Sony Rewards catalog. More details below.
- Pre-sale tickets. As a PlayStation cardholder, you can purchase tickets early to select music and sporting events.
- 10% statement credit on select streaming services. Enjoy savings when you use your PlayStation Card to subscribe to PlayStation Now, PlayStation Vue and/or Spotify.
- Introductory interest-free period. When you first sign up for your PlayStation Card, you’ll enjoy interest-free purchases for up to six months.
- Variable Annual Percentage Rate (APR) ranging from 15.49% to 24.99% based on creditworthiness
- No annual fee
- No transfer fees
- Up to $38 late payment fee
- 25-day interest-free purchases
- 24/7 online account maintenance
Point System Breakdown
Sony Rewards is PlayStation Store’s rewards program. In addition to signing up for the PlayStation Credit Card, you will also need to enroll in the Sony Rewards program. Be sure the two accounts are linked. Membership in Sony Rewards is free. You will automatically earn points for most purchases made with your PlayStation card. The exception is Sony purchases made at authorized retailers, which requires calling Sony to verify your purchase and redeem additional points. Want to know how to start earning? Here’s a breakdown of Sony Rewards:
- Earn 5 points for every $1 spent on PlayStation Store purchases
- Earn 5 points for every $1 spent on PlayStation and Sony purchases at authorized retailers with confirmation of your purchase
- Earn 3 points for every $1 spent on mobile phone bill payments (the merchant, in this case is your service provider must be assigned to the category code Telecommunication Services to receive points)
- Earn 1 point for every $1 spent on all other purchases made where Visa is accepted
- Points expire five years from the end of the month in which they were earned.
Who is this Credit Card Best For?
The PlayStation Credit Card is perfect for gamers! Video game costs can add up, but with your PlayStation credit card, you can see some return and redeem points on future gaming purchases.
If you’re not a gamer, you’ll also receive benefits from using a number of PlayStation streaming services, including PlayStation Vue and PlayStation Now. If you love the convenience of streaming entertainment on-the-go, you’ll see savings from using the PlayStation credit card.
Lastly, Sony Rewards can be redeemed on Sony electronics, which includes photo and video equipment. If you have brand loyalty to Sony and are expecting a few large purchases in the future, the PlayStation Credit Card may be for you! After spending $3,000 on purchases made in a year, you’ll receive a 50% statement credit for a PlayStation Plus Membership. Whether it’s for you or a loved one, your Sony purchases could pay off.
How to Get a PlayStation Credit Card
Ready to sign up for your PlayStation credit card? Visit PlayStation’s credit card website and complete the application. You must be at least 18 years of age. Only United States residents are eligible. You will need to provide personal identifying information, including your social security number and annual income, for a credit check. Once approved, you will receive your card and be notified of your credit line by mail in 7-10 business days.
What Else Should I Know About?
One special benefit PlayStation offers its cardholders is a 50% statement credit off a 12-month PlayStation Plus membership after you spend $3,000 on any purchases made within a year. In order to be eligible for this offer, you must swipe your card at least once within 90 days of account opening.
PlayStation Plus is a subscription service that enhances the Sony Entertainment Network. As a Plus member, you’ll have access to premium gaming features and special offers on content for PS4, PS3, and PlayStation Vita systems. Subscription prices vary, but you could save up to $30 on a 12-month membership.
Tips for Using the PlayStation Credit Card
- Never shop without a coupon. Before confirming your next purchase, search PlayStation on Giving Assistant for verified coupon codes. You don’t want to miss out on any savings.
- Pay your card off in full every 25 days. A huge perk of this card is the introductory period. You will not have to worry about interest for up to six months. However, use the introductory period as an opportunity to get in the habit of paying your card off every 25 days. If you don’t, you could pay up to 24.99% APR on your balance!
- Use your card often. The more you use your PlayStation card, the more points you’ll earn! In addition to bonus points on PlayStation Store purchases, you’ll enjoy points on purchases made anywhere.
How to Use Your PlayStation Credit Card with Giving Assistant
When you go to Giving Assistant you’ll find verified coupons for multiple brands that offer up to 30% savings on select items. By using a Giving Assistant-provided link when you shop you have the potential to earn cash back, save on your purchase price, and get the added benefits from your PlayStation credit card when you pay for your purchase.
To get started, you first need to sign up for an account on Giving Assistant. Once enrolled, visit the Giving Assistant PlayStation store page here to view the current coupons, promo codes, and deals.
Download the Giving Assistant browser extension called the Button, to automatically populate the highest-value coupons as you visit thousands of online shopping websites.
Maximize your rewards earnings and saving potential by combining your PlayStation Credit Card with discount codes and offers found at Giving Assistant today!