Priceline is an online marketplace that provides travelers with rates and bookings for hotels, cars, flights, cruises, and package deals—all at discounted prices. Shoppers can enjoy up to 60% off hotels and savings of up to half off for flights when using Priceline’s Express Deals.
When you sign up as an email subscriber, you also gain exclusive access to coupons, special offers, and promotions. Travelers now have the option of applying for a Priceline Rewards™ Visa® Card, which earns redeemable points for travel purchases.
Take a look below to find out all about the card and how to apply.
- Start earning immediately. Your first purchase or balance transfer entitles you to 5000 bonus points!
- Earn 2 ways. Earn 5 points on Priceline purchases and 1 point per $1 on purchases made anywhere Visa® is accepted
- Get rewarded for using your Rewards. Get 10% points back when you redeem statement credits toward eligible priceline.com or travel purchases
- 24%, 21.24% or 26.24% variable APR
- 0% introductory APR for balance transfers
- 49% variable APR for cash advances
- No annual fee
- Up to $37 late or returned payment fee
- Minimum interest charge of $.50
How the Priceline Rewards™ Visa® Card Point System Works
Priceline wanted to give travelers the opportunity to earn a multitude of points in different ways, at different locations. Earn your initial points on your first billing statement when you make your first purchase or balance transfer. This is, at least, a $50 value when redeemed. Thereafter, cardmembers earn points based on the type of purchase transaction being charged to the account, in the following amounts:
- 5 points for every $1 spent on eligible*com purchases
- 1 point for every $1 on all other purchases made where Visa® is accepted
Redeeming points is just as easy as earning them! Your points can be redeemed as a statement credit, good toward any purchase on your account that is greater than $25 and posted within the last 120 days of your account history. Priceline really made this simple and sweet!
- Eligible purchases include: cruises (as defined by merchant category code), Name Your Own Price®, Express Deals™ and Pay
- Now bookings, and Trip Protection products.
Added Benefits of the Priceline Rewards™ Visa® Card
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases made while traveling abroad
- No limit on the number of points you can earn
- Concierge service that provides personal assistance in recommending and booking reservations for dining, travel, hotels, entertainment and sporting events, via telephone
- $0 Fraud Liability protection keeps you free from unauthorized charges reported to Priceline.
Here’s an example of the Priceline rewards system in action: After your first purchase at priceline.com, you earn 5000 points, which is equivalent to at least $50 when redeemed. For every $1 you spend at priceline.com, you earn 5 points.
So, if you decide to take a $1000 cruise to that tropical island you’ve been eyeing, you total out to a whopping 5000 Points! Keep in mind that you also score 1 Point for every $1 you spend when you use your card anywhere else Visa® is accepted. Let’s say you spend $50 at the grocery store using your Priceline Rewards™ Visa® Card. You rake in 50 points for your groceries! It’s food for thought!
Who is this Credit Card Best For?
The Priceline Rewards™ Visa® Card is best for travel fans! You have the option of renting hotels and cars as well as booking flights and cruises; all this at already discounted rates.
This card allows you to save money and earn cash back without limiting you to using the card only at priceline.com. Spending gets a little easier when you’re getting rewarded for it!
How to Get a Priceline Rewards™ Visa® Card
You can access Priceline’s Credit Card application online. You get an instant response as to whether you are eligible! You will be asked for identifying information such as your name and address as well as employment, financial and contact information. You have to be 18 years or older and a U.S. citizen to apply.
What Else Should I Know About?
Good news! The Priceline Rewards™ Visa® Card carries no annual fee! The card does, however, have a variable APR of 16.24%, 21.24% or 26.24% based on your credit.
Priceline has a minimum interest charge of $.50 but the payment due date is at least 23 days after the close of the billing cycle, so avoid interest charges by paying your entire balance by the due date each month.
Remember that there are penalties of up to $37 for late or returned payments. If you choose to complete a balance transfer, there is a 0% introductory APR for the first fifteen billing cycles. This is following each balance transfer that posts to your account within 45 days of account establishment. Balance transfers are either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
Additionally, you have access to cash advances at an APR of 26.49% based on the Prime Rate. Cash advances are either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater.
Tip for Using the Priceline Rewards™ Visa® Card
- Use it as much as you can. The Priceline Rewards™ Visa® Card is usable just about anywhere you go! Make the most of this card by utilizing it whenever you’re going to make a credit purchase and rack up on Points!
- Beware of fees. Balance Transfers are convenient but they carry an interest charge from the date of transfer. If you are utilizing this feature, be sure to clear your balance as soon as possible so you are not being charged high rates.Additionally, cash advances have the highest APR at 26.49%, so it’s wise to stay away from this type of transaction unless you’re planning to pay off the balance immediately.
- Know what you’re purchasing. When you purchase money orders, travelers’ checks, foreign currency, lottery tickets, gambling chips, wire transfers or make similar transactions, they are treated as cash advances and carry a higher APR.
How to Use Your Priceline Visa Card with Giving Assistant
When you go to Giving Assistant you’ll find verified coupons for multiple brands that offer up to 30% savings on select items. By using a Giving Assistant-provided link when you shop you have the potential to earn cash back, save on your purchase price, and get the added benefits from your Priceline rewards credit card when you pay for your purchase.
Download the Giving Assistant browser extension called the Button, to automatically populate the highest-value coupons as you visit thousands of online shopping websites.
Maximize your rewards earnings and saving potential by combining your Priceline Rewards Credit Card with discount codes and offers found at Giving Assistant today!