REI Co-op is a great place to find anything you need for your next outdoor adventure. Whether you need the gear to get your adventure going or the proper clothes to wear on your day out, REI Co-op has you covered.
Additionally, REI Co-op can also help you save money with their Mastercard. In this article, we are going to look at how you can use the REI Co-op Mastercard alongside Giving Assistant to save the most while you shop.
- $100 REI Co-op gift card. If you make an eligible purchase with your REI Co-op Mastercard within 60 days of receiving your card, then you will receive a $100 REI Co-op gift card. You can also earn an extra $20 gift card every time you refer a friend to this credit card and he or she is approved.
- Earn back on all purchases. When you shop with your REI Co-op Mastercard, you can earn a dividend back on all your purchases. For all REI Co-op purchases, you will earn 5% back, but you can also earn 1% cash back on everyday purchases. This is in addition to your annual membership dividend, which typically equals about 10%.
- Get a chance to give back. For every purchase that you make with your REI Co-op Mastercard, REI will make a donation to the National Forest Foundation in the amount of $0.10 per transaction.
- 49% – 24.49% regular APR
- 24-day interest-free period on purchases
- $38 maximum late fee
- 49% cash advance APR
- 4% cash advance fee with a minimum of $5
- 3% foreign transaction fee
- No annual fee
- 24/7 online account maintenance and cardmember service
- Zero Fraud Liability and Identity Theft Resolution
How the REI Co-op Mastercard Dividend System Works
If you want to save as much as you can when shopping at REI Co-op, you should be sure to take advantage of the rewards that the REI Co-op Mastercard offers. For their reward system, REI Co-op uses a cash back and dividend system. Here’s a breakdown of how that system works:
- Earn an annual REI member dividend that typically equals about 10% on eligible purchases.
- Earn 5% back on eligible REI purchases. This includes discounted items and gift cards.
- Earn 1% back on eligible everyday purchases. These are the transactions you make with companies other than REI Co-op.
Who is This Credit Card Best For?
The REI Co-op Mastercard is designed to be as useful as possible to cardholders. The MasterCard program allows cardholders to use their REI Co-op Mastercard to make everyday purchases outside of REI Co-op. However, the gift cards that you earn with REI Co-op are intended to be used at REI Co-op, making this credit card best for those who love to shop at REI Co-op and want to save as much as possible.
How to Get an REI Co-op Mastercard
The process for getting an REI Co-op Mastercard is rather straightforward. First, it is suggested that you sign up for or log into your REI account. Then, you can apply for the REI Co-op Mastercard. You will need to provide some basic details such as contact, housing, and employment information. In addition, you will be prompted to give a referral number if one is available.
In some cases, REI Co-op says applicants receive an approval in as little as 30 seconds or less.Then, you can keep your browser window open and shop with your temporary credit limit right away.
What Else Should I Know About?
The REI Co-op Mastercard, also known as the REI Co-op Platinum Card isn’t the only option if you want an REI store credit card. You may also have the option of applying for the REI Co-op World Mastercard. This credit card comes with a few extra benefits that you might not experience with other Mastercards such as the REI Co-op Mastercard. These benefits include the following:
- Trip cancellation services
- Travel assistance services
- MasterRental car rental collision damage waiver insurance
- Lost luggage coverage
- Emergency card replacement and cash advance
- Lost/stolen card reporting
- Price protection
- Extended warranty
Tips For Using The REI Co-op Mastercard
- Pay your balance quickly. With the REI Co-op Mastercard, you have a 24-day interest-free period for each of your purchases. As such, if you pay off your balance as much as you can during that interest-free period, then you can avoid accruing interest.
- Use your REI Co-op Mastercard within 60 days. If you want to reap the benefits of your REI Co-op Mastercard right away, remember to make a purchase within the first 60 days. Doing this will automatically earn you a $100 gift card as an introductory award.
- Don’t just depend on your REI Co-op Mastercard for savings. Your REI Co-op Mastercard is a great source of savings. However, you can further these savings by using the coupons and cash back offered by Giving Assistant.
How to Use Your REI Co-op Mastercard with Giving Assistant
When you go to Giving Assistant you’ll find verified coupons for multiple brands that offer up to 30% savings on select items. By using a Giving Assistant-provided link when you shop you have the potential to earn cash back, save on your purchase price, and get the added benefits from your REI Co-op Mastercard when you pay for your purchase.
Download the Giving Assistant browser extension called the Button, to automatically populate the highest-value coupons as you visit thousands of online shopping websites.
Maximize your rewards earnings and saving potential by combining your REI Co-op Mastercard with discount codes and offers found at Giving Assistant today!