Sam’s Club MasterCard offers shoppers big cash back savings on gas, dining out, and travel. It also doubles conveniently as your Sam’s membership card, so there is no reason to crowd that wallet.
Read on to learn about the Sam’s Club card perks and how to get the most out of this credit card while using it with Giving Assistant.
- Save up to 9% on online purchases at Sam’s Club when you combine your store MasterCard savings with Giving Assistant cash back. (8% cash back for Savvy Shoppers, 9% for Power Shoppers.) I doubled the 1% cash back from the store and added it to Giving Assistant’s 7%. I was not sure about this calculation. Was I supposed to double the 7% too?
- Earn 5% cashback on gas for up to $6,000 per year and then only 1% after, but let’s be honest, $6,000 is a lot of money!
- 3% on dining out and travel: If you love to eat out and travel often, you could put this card to good use and reap the savings.
- 1% on all other purchases: For all other expenses, this card still earns 1% cashback. Hey, it all adds up!
- Earn a bonus for opening an account: Get $45.00 when you open a Sam’s credit card and spend $45.00 on The account at samsclub.com on it in the same day. This offer is valid through 3/31/18. A free $45.00 purchase at Sam’s is not a bad deal for getting a card that could save you a lot of money anyway.
- Accepted at multiple locations: This card is accepted at all Sam’s Clubs and Walmart locations as well as anywhere else that accepts MasterCard.
- Comes with MasterCard theft protection services: Experts are available 24/7 by phone to help you resolve any credit card theft issues. They will guide you through fraud alerts, obtaining a replacement card, and more.
- 9%-22.9% variable APR
- No annual credit card fee!
- $0 fraud liability
- Up to $38 in late fees
- Earn up to $5,000 cash back a year
- Features chip-enabled secure technology
How the Rewards Points Works
When paired with a Sam’s plus membership, ($100 a year opposed to the basic membership fee of $45 a year) cardholders receive $10 back for every $500 spent on purchases in Sam’s Club stores or on their website. So, if you spend at least $500 a year at Sam’s and have a plus membership, this MasterCard will rake in the rewards.
Who is This Credit Card Best For?
This credit card is a good fit for Sam’s Club members as well as lovers of restaurants and those who enjoy traveling. Because of the large cash back savings on gas, it is also ideal for commuters who put on a lot of miles. It’s also beneficial for people who enjoy a card with no annual fee and who also pay off their cards in a timely manner. Furthermore, the Sam’s Club card is also ideal for Plus Sam’s membership holders who get even more cash back opportunities than basic members.
How to Get a Sam’s Club MasterCard
Since the credit card functions as your membership card, you need a membership to apply. If you do not already have a membership, you can apply Sam’s Club MasterCard. Once you are a member, you can sign up for the Sam’s Club credit card. You will need to register for an online account and then fill in personal information such as your name, address, and so on.
You can also visit your local Sam’s club store and apply for the card in person. You must be a U.S. citizen and at least 18 years of age to apply for this card.
What Else Should I Know About?
Although this credit card has no annual fee, consumers should be mindful of some hidden fees. For one, if you don’t pay off your card regularly, you could get hit with up to $38 in late fees. It also has up to a 22.9% variable interest rate, which adds up quickly if you have trouble paying off your card each month. Additionally, the Sam’s Club credit card charges a minimum interest fee of no less than $2; this charge is added proportionally to each balance type.
Tips For Using The Sam’s Club MasterCard
- Pay it off every month Just like a lot of other credit cards, the Sam’s MasterCard has a high interest rate if you don’t pay it off monthly. The card has a 22.9% variable-interest rate and also a $38 late fee, so make sure you sign up for auto-billing or mark that recurring due date on your calendar
- Use it for all your gas, travel and dining out needs: One of the biggest perks of this card is the high percentages of cash back. Cardholders can reap big rewards if they put all their gas, traveling, and restaurant tabs on their Sam’s MasterCard. Then, they can sit back and wait for the check to arrive.
- Combine your MasterCard with the Sam’s Plus membership and Giving Assistant for even more savings! If you combine your Sam’s credit card with the Sam’s Plus card, you will receive $10 cash back for every $500 spent at Sam’s in addition to cash back on gas, travel, and dining. These rewards will add up quickly.To top it off, if you use Giving Assistant when making your Sam’s purchases, you can also earn up to 9% more in cash back! 8% as a standard shopper and 9% as a Power Shopper. There are so many ways to earn cash back with this card that your head might be spinning, but this is a good thing. Again: I doubled the 1% cash back from the store and added it to Giving Assistant’s 7%. I was not sure about this calculation. Was I supposed to double the 7% too?
How to Use Your Sam’s Club MasterCard with Giving Assistant
When you go to Giving Assistant you’ll find verified coupons for multiple brands that offer up to 30% savings on select items. By using a Giving Assistant-provided link when you shop you have the potential to earn cash back, save on your purchase price, and get the added benefits from your Sam’s Club mastercard when you pay for your purchase.
Download the Giving Assistant browser extension called the Button, to automatically populate the highest-value coupons as you visit thousands of online shopping websites.
Maximize your rewards earnings and saving potential by combining your Sam’s Club MasterCard with discount codes and offers found at Giving Assistant today!