Do you love to travel? Do you fly often? Are you looking for ways to earn points while you purchase flights? If this sounds like you, then consider using your Southwest Airlines Rapid Reward credit card. You will earn points for purchasing tickets at Southwest Airlines as well as participating hotel and car rental services.
In this article we will discuss how to earn the most points with your Rapid Rewards credit card, and how to save even more money by signing up for Giving Assistant.
- Point Rewards: Earn points from buying tickets! The more you spend, the more you earn!
- Bonus Points Opportunity: If you spend $2,000+ in your first three months, you will receive 50,000 bonus points to your Rapids Rewards Account.
- Points NEVER Expire: As long as your card is active, your points never expire.
- Special Anniversary Gift: Receive 3,000 points each year on your cardmember anniversary
- Annual Fee: $69 (The annual fee will be applied to your first billing statement.)
- APR: 17.24% to 24.24%
- Late Payment: Up to $15 if the balance is less than $100; up to $27 if the balance is $100 or less than $250; up to $37 if the balance is $250 or more.
- Returned Payment: Up to $37
Miles Rewards Breakdown
The Southwest Airlines credit card can be used for Southwest Airlines purchases, as well as everywhere that Visa is accepted. Earn points on eligible purchases. Your points will be transferred onto your Rapids Reward account. Then, you can use those rewards on any Southwest flight. Each flight details the number of the number of points each individual flight is worth.
- 2 points per $1 spent on all Southwest purchases and Rapid Rewards Hotel and Car Rental Partner Purchases
- 1 point per $1 spent all on all other purchases
If you were to open up your Southwest Airlines credit card and immediately purchase tickets worth at least $2,000 on flights, then you would earn your bonus points as well as 4,000 reward points. Your total points earned would be 7,000 Rapid Rewards points.
Then, if you purchased $200 worth of items, you would earn another 200 points. At the end of the day, your total points would be 7,200 points.
Who is the Southwest Airlines Credit Card Best For?
The Southwest Airlines credit card is perfect for those who love to travel, or who travel often—for business or pleasure. Not only will you receive points for booking flights, you will also earn points for making purchases with your Southwest Airlines card wherever Visa is accepted.
You can sign up for Southwest Airlines credit card.
What Else Should I Know About?
As a Southwest Airlines credit cardholder, you receive all the benefits of flying on Southwest Airlines. Southwest Airlines has NO Blackout Dates or Seat Restrictions when you redeem your points. Your bags fly free, and there are no change fees!
Tips for Using the Southwest Airlines Credit Card
- Always Fly Southwest: In order to see the most from your Rapid Rewards credit card program you should always make sure that you are flying through Southwest. You will earn 2 points for every $1 you spend on flights.
- Book a Car: Car rental services that participate in the Rapid Rewards program will reward you 2 points for every $1 spent on a rental car reservation. Check to see which car rental companies participate before you book that sports car!
- Stay at a Hotel Partner: Before you reserve a hotel, check to see if it is a partner with the Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Program. All participating hotels will reward you 2 points per $1 spent.
- Use Your Visa Often: The more you use your Southwest Airlines credit card, the more points you earn. Use your Visa at all locations that accept Visa, and earn 1 point per $1 spent on all eligible purchases.
- Check Giving Assistant: Before you book your flights with Southwest Airlines, check Giving Assistant first! Giving Assistant has coupons, deals, and discounts that can help you save money on your travel.
How to Use Your Southwest Airlines Credit Card with Giving Assistant
When you go to Giving Assistant you’ll find verified coupons for multiple brands that offer up to 30% savings on select items. By using a Giving Assistant-provided link when you shop you have the potential to earn cash back, save on your purchase price, and get the added benefits from your Southwest Airlines credit card when you pay for your purchase.
To get started, you first need to sign up for an account on Giving Assistant. Once enrolled, visit the Giving Assistant Southwest Airlines store page here to view the current coupons, promo codes, and deals.
Download the Giving Assistant browser extension called the Button, to automatically populate the highest-value coupons as you visit thousands of online shopping websites.
Maximize your rewards earnings and saving potential by combining your Southwest Airlines Credit Card with discount codes and offers found at Giving Assistant today!