Feeling outdoorsy? Sportsman’s Guide is an online retailer and catalog of hunting and fishing gear, military surplus, ammunition and outdoor sporting goods. The store boasts offering the lowest prices on a broad selection of name-brand outdoor gear, clothing, and footwear.
The Sportsman’s Guide catalogs include a main catalog each month plus Hunting catalogs, a Shooter’s shooting accessories and ammo catalog, HQ military surplus catalogs and Gift catalogs.
The Sportsman’s Guide Visa is an asset for Buyer’s Club Members as it entitles you to extra discounts and bonuses on items that are already deeply discounted. Take a look at the stats below to size up if it’s right for you.
- 1…When membership=money. Buyer’s Club Members, holding a Sportsman’s Guide Visa®, save up to 12.5% and 7.5% off guns and ammo.
- Bonuses in the bag. Get a $40 bonus reward when you charge $500 on items other than those found at Sportsman’s Guide.
- Instant rewards. Standard 10% Club discount and the 5% gun and ammo discount instantly increases by 2.5% for Sportsman’s Guide Visa® cardholders.
- There’s still more? You collect 1% cash back on your everyday purchases made with your Visa.
- No annual fee
- Variable APR of 26.49%
- Minimum interest charge of $1 per credit plan
- Late or returned payment fee of up to $38
How the Sportsman’s Guide Visa® Works
The Sportsman’s Guide is in the market for all things outdoors. The Sportsman’s Guide Visa® gives you rewards on your Sportsman’s Guide purchases as well as your everyday purchases made at other businesses. This card is loaded (no pun intended) with benefits that can save you money and may have you going spend-crazy.
Here are some of the Sportman’s Guide Visa card benefits:
- $40 Reward Certificate when you spend $500 outside Sportsman’s Guide
- Earn an instant 2.5% discount on all orders, including your initial purchase, when you also sign up to become a Buyer’s Club Member
- 1% cash back on purchases made outside Sportsman’s Guide
- No limit on the amount of points you can earn
Snapshot of the Points System in action:
So, let’s see if we can fit all the perks in one snapshot. Your Sportsman’s Guide Visa® is hot off the presses and you’re planning a hunting trip, so you’ve got to get geared up right? When you tally up your take, you’ve racked up $525 of outdoor bliss. Just wait for it. You just earned a $40 Reward Certificate good toward future purchases made at Sportsman’s Guide. But you’re not done yet. You have to hit up the nearest grocery store to load up on goodies for your adventure and you spend $140. Check your account. You now have 14 points good toward any purchases made at The Guide. Now that’s something to “shoot” off at the mouth about!
Who is the Sportsman’s Guide Visa® Card Best For?
Being an outdoorsman is popular and this card enhances your buying power for the items you love. The card increases your discounts as a Buyer’s Club Member so you can save even more on your purchases. Additionally, you can use it anywhere Visa is accepted, so the point possibilities are maximized. You don’t have to “hunt” for great deals anymore!
How to Get a Sportsman’s Guide Visa®
You can apply for the Sportsman’s Guide Visa® online. Click here to be redirected to the application. Keep in mind that you must be at least 18 years of age, have a valid government-issued photo ID, have a U.S. Social Security Number, and be a United States resident with a street, rural route, or APO/FPO mailing address.
What Else Should I Know About?
The Sportsman’s Guide Visa® has a variable APR of 26.49% as well as a 26.49% APR on cash advances and balance transfers. There is no annual fee and a low minimum interest charge of $1.00 per credit plan. If your payment is late or returned, there is a fee of up to $38. The card also carries the following transaction fees:
- Balance transfer fee which is the greater of $10 or 3% of the amount of the balance transfer
- Cash advance fee which is the greater of $10 or 3% of the amount of the cash advance, per cash advance
- Convenience check fee which is the greater of $10 or 3% of the amount of the convenience check, per convenience check
- Foreign transaction fee of 3% of each transaction in U.S. dollars
Tips for Using the Sportsman’s Guide Visa®
- Become a Buyer’s Club Member. Your membership entitles you to greater discounts on your items. The store guarantees big savings and your membership costs just $39.99 per year. You can cancel at any time if you aren’t satisfied.Special Buyer’s Club pricing on products purchased through Sportsman’s Guide include 10% off non-member pricing on clothing, boots, shoes, gear and other merchandise and 5% off ammunition and guns; Members-only offers and promotions; and an installment payment option with the Buyer’s Club 4-Pay Plan. You can also get a free 30-day trial for the membership program.
- Pay it back. The minimum payment due is the total of minimum payments for regular revolving and promotional credit plan purchases plus any past-due amounts. The total minimum payment due on your account won’t be less than $30.00. If your account balance is less than $30.00, you must pay the amount on your statement in full. The minimum payment due for each regular revolving and cash revolving credit plan will be:
- The greater of 1% of the new balance, excluding any new regular revolving or cash revolving credit plan interest charges shown on the statement
- $5.00 plus any new regular revolving or cash revolving credit plan interest charges shown on the statement rounded up to the nearest $1.00
- Charge it to The Guide. So long as your account is open, in good standing and regularly used, there’s no limit to the amount of points you can accumulate! Your points are good toward purchases made at The Guide.
How to Use Your Sportsman’s Guide Credit Card with Giving Assistant
When you go to Giving Assistant you’ll find verified coupons for multiple brands that offer up to 30% savings on select items. By using a Giving Assistant-provided link when you shop you have the potential to earn cash back, save on your purchase price, and get the added benefits from your Sportsman’s Guide credit card when you pay for your purchase.
To get started, you first need to sign up for an account on Giving Assistant. Once enrolled, visit the Giving Assistant Sportsman’s Guide store page here to view the current coupons, promo codes, and deals.
Download the Giving Assistant browser extension called the Button, to automatically populate the highest-value coupons as you visit thousands of online shopping websites.
Maximize your rewards earnings and saving potential by combining your Sportsman’s Guide Credit Cardwith discount codes and offers found at Giving Assistant today!