TAP Air Portugal operates an average of 2,500 flights a week to 87 destinations and to 34 countries worldwide. As the flag carrier airline of Portugal, TAP offers fairly priced international flights. TAP Victoria, the airline’s loyalty program, provides members with opportunities to earn miles, which can be used to pay for trips with TAP.
Additionally, TAP offers a variety of credit card options to help travelers finance their trips. In this article, we’ll highlight the top perks of the card, provide you with top details, and explain how you can find savings while using Giving Assistant.
- Split payments 3X. With the TAP Fly + Card, you have the ability to split payments on TAP trips that are 300€ or more into three equal, interest-free installments.
- Extra protection. As a cardholder, you’ll receive baggage and assistance in traveling insurances, as well as guaranteed protection of card loss or theft.
- Cancellation line 24/7. Things happen. If something comes up and you need to cancel a trip, simply call the 24/7 cancellation hotline.
- 2% APR
- 40€ annual fee
- 20- to 50-day interest-free purchases
- Online account maintenance
Point System Breakdown
As a TAP Fly + cardholder, you’ll be automatically enrolled in the Victoria Program. You will earn miles for euros spent. Redeem miles for seats on TAP Air Portugal flights, or with more than 150 partners. Want to learn how to start earning? Here’s a breakdown of TAP + Fly Card and Victoria Program Rewards:
- 1,000 miles for signing up
- 1,000 miles for activation
- 1+ mile for every €1 spent with a TAP Fly + Card
Who is This Credit Card Best For?
The TAP Air Portugal card is perfect for travelers who live in Portugal! As the flag carrier airline, TAP Air Portugal operates thousands of flights to dozens of countries worldwide every week. Whether you’re traveling near or far, the TAP Fly + Card will reward you with miles to redeem on future trips. As a bonus for being a Victoria Program member, you’ll earn even more.
How to Get a TAP Fly + Card
Ready to sign up for your TAP Fly + Card? Visit TAP’s credit card website and complete the application. You must be a resident in Portugal.
What Else Should I Know About?
As an alternative to the TAP Fly + Card, you can apply for the TAP Millennium BCP credit card and earn miles. You can shop at any retailer using your Millennium BCP card and you’ll receive bonus miles every time you make a purchase. These miles count toward your Victoria Program status (Miles, Silver and Gold). Here’s how you earn miles with Millennium BCP:
- 1,000 miles for signing up
- 1+ mile for every €1 spent with a TAP Credit Card (amount of miles accrued increases depending on the card used)
- 1,000 miles for card renewals
The TAP Millennium BCP credit card is exclusively for residents of Portugal and the Islands, and is only available for Victoria clients with an account at any Portuguese bank. Before signing up, make sure you are a registered member of the Victoria Program. Then, complete the Standardized Information Sheet, which can be found on the Millennium BCP website.
Tips for Using the TAP Fly + Card
- Never shop without a coupon. Before confirming your next purchase, search TAP on Giving Assistant for verified coupon codes. You don’t want to miss out on any savings.
- Pay your card off in full every 20 to 50 days. TAP Air Portugal offers a generous 20- to 50- day interest-free credit period. If you do not pay the total balance on your card in that time period, you can pay up to 16.2% in interest!
- Take advantage of the card’s hidden benefits. Not only will you earn reward miles, but you also receive guaranteed protection in the event of card loss or theft, and access to the 24/7 cancellation line.
- Redeem miles at partner locations. Redeeming miles you earn through TAP Air Portugal at other retailers is a huge perk. Before you cash in your miles, take a look at TAP’s complete partner list. There are a number of international businesses represented.
How to Use Your TAP Credit Card with Giving Assistant
When you go to Giving Assistant you’ll find verified coupons for multiple brands that offer up to 30% savings on select items. By using a Giving Assistant-provided link when you shop you have the potential to earn cash back, save on your purchase price, and get the added benefits from your TAP credit card when you pay for your purchase.
Download the Giving Assistant browser extension called the Button, to automatically populate the highest-value coupons as you visit thousands of online shopping websites.
Maximize your rewards earnings and saving potential by combining your TAP Credit Card with discount codes and offers found at Giving Assistant today!