Whether you are catching a ride home or ordering takeout, you have likely used Uber’s services. However, with the use of the Uber Visa Card, you can earn something back for your purchases with Uber and even some other purchases.
In this article, we are going to look at how you can get the most out of the Uber Visa Card, as well as how you can pair its benefits with Giving Assistant to save as much as possible.
- Earn Cash Back. The main idea behind the Uber Visa Card is that you can earn cash back when you make a purchase. This cash back is earned in increments between 1% and 4% of your purchase depending what you are buying. You can use this credit card on almost anything from your Uber rides to dining to streaming services and more.
- Mobile Phone Protection. When you pay your mobile phone bill with your Uber Visa Card, you will be protected for up to $600 of damage or theft.
- Exclusive Access. When you are a Uber Visa Card holder, you will have access to special deals and exclusive events for cardholders.
- Welcome Bonus. If you spend $500 in the first 90 days of holding an Uber Visa Card, you will earn an additional $100.
- No annual fee
- 49% to 25.24% variable APR
- No foreign transaction fees
- Balance transfer fee of either $10 or 3%, whichever amount is greater
- Late fees of up to $37
How the Uber Visa Credit Card Cash Back and Point System Works
Much like other store credit cards, the Uber Visa Card offers a point rewards system, which can also be viewed as a cash back or “% back” system. Below, we will discuss the main ideas behind the point system.
- 1 point has the same value of $0.01. So, earning $1 in the “% back” system is equal to earning 100 points.
- Earn 1% back or 1 points per dollar on net purchases made outside of the ones listed in the following bullets (in other words, earn 1% on general purchases).
- Earn 2% back or 2 points per dollar by spending money on Uber rides, online shopping, and on music and video streaming services.
- Earn 3% back or 3 points per dollar on hotels and airfare, including vacation home rentals.
- Earn 4% back or 4 points per dollar on dining, including restaurants, take out, and bars. This, of course, includes purchases made with UberEats.
You can redeem points for a variety of rewards, or take the points at face value as cash back. However, you can also choose to redeem your points in the form of gift cards or Uber credits.
Who is This Credit Card Best For?
Ideally, this card is for people who use Uber frequently. However, since you have the chance to earn cash back when you shop in a variety of other places, it can be used by casual Uber riders as well. This versatility is further highlighted considering it can be used with other Uber services like UberEats. With the wide variety of rewards categories and high percentages for cash back, you are looking at a credit card that almost everyone can benefit from.
How to Get an Uber Visa Card
To get an Uber Visa Card, the first thing that you will need to do is visit this site. Here, you will find the application for the Uber Visa Card. You will need to provide the following basic information to be eligible for the card:
- Full Name
- Residence Status
- Total Annual Income
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Date of Birth
- Social Security Number
It is important to note that to be eligible for the Uber Visa Card, your permanent residence address has to be located in the United States. All applicants will also be subject to a credit check.
What Else Should I Know About?
One thing that is important to know about this card is that it has a variable APR that ranges from 16.49% to 25.24%. The APR that you will have depends on your credit and your application at the time of approval. Luckily, one fee you won’t have to worry about is an annual fee. However, you should also be aware that if you allow your account to remain inactive for 6 consecutive billing cycles, your account will be terminated and you will lose all the points you’ve gained.
Tips For Using The Uber Visa Card
- Pay It Off As Quickly As Possible. As with any credit card, it is best to pay off the balance on your Uber Visa Card as quickly as you can. By doing this, you can avoid late fees and snowballing interest charges.
- Keep Your Card Active. To keep the Uber Visa Card eligible, you cannot let your account sit inactively for 6 consecutive billing cycles. In this case, inactive is considered an account with no points, no payments, and no transactions. If your account is inactive for 6 consecutive billing cycles, it will be closed and you will lose any points accrued.
- Use Your Uber Visa Card With Giving Assistant. To further reap the savings that you can with Uber’s services, use Giving Assistant alongside the Uber Visa Card. This way, you will have access to additional cash back and coupons.
How to Use Your Uber Visa Card with Giving Assistant
When you go to Giving Assistant you’ll find verified coupons for multiple brands that offer up to 30% savings on select items. By using a Giving Assistant-provided link when you shop you have the potential to earn cash back, save on your purchase price, and get the added benefits from your Uber visa card when you pay for your purchase.
Download the Giving Assistant browser extension called the Button, to automatically populate the highest-value coupons as you visit thousands of online shopping websites.
Maximize your rewards earnings and saving potential by combining your Uber Visa Card with discount codes and offers found at Giving Assistant today!