Walmart offers a credit card that provides shoppers cash back from their purchases. The Walmart Credit Card awards shoppers money for purchasing items not only from Walmart, but also at many of your other favorite stores. You will get paid to shop!
In this article you will learn about the Walmart Credit card perks and how to make the most cash back. This article will also break down the payment and interest information. Continue reading and you will learn everything you need to know about the Walmart Credit card.
- Earn 1%-3% Cash Rewards
- No Annual Fee
- $0 Fraud Liability
- 15% APR
- Up to $38 late fee
- $1 minimum interest fee
- 23-day interest free purchase
- 24/7 account maintenance
How the Walmart Store Credit Card Works
- Receive 1% Cash Back Rewards on all in-store Walmart Purchase and anywhere that your Walmart Credit Card is accepted.
- 2% Cash Back Rewards anytime you buy gas from Walmart or Murphy USA.
- 3% Cash Back Rewards on all Walmart.com purchases (including grocery pick-up purchases).
- Statement Credits issued monthly: Rewards earned on purchases posted within that month.
Who Should Use Walmart Store Credit Cards?
The Walmart store credit card is for anyone who shops frequently at Walmart. Not only is this card perfect for Walmart lovers, it also provides 1% cash back rewards to other stores that accept the credit card. This card is perfect for anybody 18 years or older that would like to find a credit card to help them build their credit and earn cash back on everyday purchases.
How to Apply for a Walmart Credit Card
You can apply for the Walmart Credit card by visiting any Walmart location. You can also apply online by following this link.
What you need to know about interest
APR and daily rates are often variable and depend on the market. You will not be charged interest on your Walmart credit card if you did not carry a balance at the start of the billing cycle OR if you paid your balance in full within that billing cycle.
How are late fee calculated?
You will be charged a late fee if you do not pay at least the minimum balance by 5PM (ET) on the due date. If you failed to pay the minimum payment in any one or more of the six previous cycles, then you will be charged a late fee of at least $38.
The minimum payment is typically $25. If you failed to pay the minimum payment by the due date in any one or more of the prior six billing cycles, then your minimum payment will be increased to at least $35 (which also includes any past due amounts).
You will also have to pay:
- Any past due amounts;
- 1% of your new balance shown on your billing statement (excluding any balance in connection with a special promotional purchase with a unique payment calculation)
- Any late payment fees charged in the current billing cycle
- All interest charged in the current billing cycle
- Any payment due in connection with a special promotional purchase
Special Promotional Offers
If you are interested in signing up for their credit card you might want to wait until one of their promotional offers. Some of these offers include “No Interest for 6-24 months” and “No interest if paid in Full Within 6-24 months.” The most recent promotional offer is “Save $25 if you open a Walmart Credit Card.” If you spend $25 in a Walmart store OR on Walmart.com then you will be credited $25.
Credit Card Account Information
- You may pay your bill by mail, online or at any Walmart store or Sam’s Club.
- You must inform Walmart immediately if you change ANY personal information such as your name, phone number or mailing address.
- You do not receive rewards until Walmart has sent a statement informing you of the rewards you have earned.
Biggest Selling Point of the Walmart Credit Card
The biggest selling point for this credit card is the 3% cash back for making purchases at Walmart. Walmart grocery pick-up is included in this 3%. As a customer you can order your groceries directly from your cell phone, laptop or tablet. Then you drive to your desired Walmart location to pick up your groceries. You get cash back without even getting out of your car! This is especially appealing for mothers with a van full of young kids—PLUS she gets cash back!
How to Use Your Walmart Credit Card with Giving Assistant
When you go to Giving Assistant you’ll find verified coupons for multiple brands that offer up to 30% savings on select items. By using a Giving Assistant-provided link when you shop you have the potential to earn cash back, save on your purchase price, and get the added benefits from your West Elm credit card when you pay for your purchase.
Download the Giving Assistant browser extension called the Button, to automatically populate the highest-value coupons as you visit thousands of online shopping websites.
Maximize your rewards earnings and saving potential by combining your Walmart Credit Card with discount codes and offers found at Giving Assistant today!