If you are in the construction industry, or a DIYer, you may have heard of Northern Tool.
Founded in 1981, Northern Tool is a manufacturing company that provides customers with different tools, building supplies, and equipment.
Northern Tool has made a name for itself by providing excellent customer service, quality equipment, and supplies and being a successful family-owned business.
Here are a few questions that fellow customers have about Northern Tool.
Table of Contents
Does Northern Tool match the prices of other retailers?
Yes, Northern Tool does the price match.
They have what they call their Lowest Price Guarantee. They have a goal to have the lowest prices. So, usually, other manufacturers and retailers have to price-match them.
Northern Tool has a policy in place if you find something advertised at a lower price somewhere else. This policy guarantees a refund, or store credit, depending on the situation. A quick email to their pricing department will get that refund in motion.
Are Northern Tool and Northern Hydraulics the same company?
In short, yes.
In 1981 during its founding, the company was originally named Northern Hydraulics. This name reflected the line of products and equipment that Northern Tool was selling at that time.
As the company expanded in size and the types of products it sold, it was decided a rebrand was necessary. In 1998, the company was renamed Northern Tool + Equipment.
How do you get assistance from Northern Tool?
Northern Tools prides itself on customer service and has made it a simple process to contact them in several ways.
- Customer Service Hotline: To get in touch with Northern Tools via phone, they have a customer service hotline set up. The phone number for that is 1-800-222-5381. The phone line is open seven days a week, but the hours vary.
- Text: A unique way Northern Tools has implemented for you to communicate with them is a text line. Open seven days a week, text your questions or issue at 1-800-221-0516. From there, someone will be in touch with you to help you out.
- Online: Northern Tools has an entire webpage dedicated to customer assistance. If you have an issue you feel you can handle without speaking to anyone, this would be a good option. The Customer Help page has a lot of useful features.
- Email: If you would like to contact Northern tools via email, you can do so. If you fill out your contact information and your question/situation, someone from Northern Tools will contact you.
- Live Chat: Northern Tools has a Live Chat option on their website for those in a hurry or who do not want to phone in or email.
How often does Northern Tools run sales?
One of the most asked questions about Northern Tool is if they ever run sales.
Many other companies run sales, either seasonally, for a holiday, etc. Northern Tool, however, does not run these types of sales.
This is because they offer low prices year-round, which they claim to be lower than their competitors’ sales prices. They also have a program called the Lowest Price Guarantee.
Northern Tool does, however, run promotions such as free shipping. They also have different coupons throughout the year that can be used.
Check their website often to see the new coupons and deals being offered. If you are looking for extra deals and promotions, make sure to take a look at Northern Tool Discounts.
Tom Galido is a cofounder of Upright Data. His goal is to make sure that our customers are armed with the best insights to get the most out of their shopping experience. Tom holds a BA from Loyola Marymount University and an MBA from Georgetown’s McDonough School of Business. In his free time he is a science fiction / fantasy author.