5 Things You Didn’t Know About Amazon
- In 2014, statistics show that Amazon sold 63% of all books that were bought online & 40% of all books sold overall.
- Did you know that Amazon also owns tons of e-commerce sites, such as Shopbop.com, Woot.com, and Zappos.com?
- Amazon.com was almost called "Cadabra" as in "Abracadabra" – but the idea was nixed when someone misheard the word as 'cadaver.'
- Amazon.com earned its name to take advantage of alphabetical site listings & to match the tagline "Earth's biggest book store"
- How much did it cost Amazon when their site went down for 49 minutes? The company missed out on almost $5.7 million in sales.
How to Redeem a Coupon Code on Amazon
Upon adding desired items to the online 'shopping bag,' you will redeem an Amazon.com coupon code during the checkout process, which is illustrated below:
- When ready to pay for your items, click on 'Proceed to Checkout.'
- If not already signed into the website, you will need to enter your information as a returning customer, or enter your email address to become a new customer.
- Enter your shipping information, or change the shipping details (when applicable), if you are a returning customer.
- Select a payment method from options that include credit card, debit card, Visa gift card, American Express Thank You points, or your Amazon Gift Card balance.
- Add a gift card or enter a coupon code in the Promotion Code field, and click 'Apply.'
- After reviewing items and shipping details, click 'Place Order' to complete the transaction.
A 'Today's Deals' section on Amazon.com showcases new, limited-time offers on a daily basis, as well as a 'Bonus Deal of the Day.' The company also offers Amazon Warehouse Deals and Last Chance items with deep discounts on open-box and used items, such as used Kindle tablets, open-box vacuum cleaners, and open-box unlocked smartphones.
When you need a new book, you mostly turn to Barnes & Noble or Amazon to find the best prices. When shopping for a new tablet, you'll most likely weigh the pros and cons of the Apple iPad, Nook, and Kindle Fire from Amazon. And, if you're seeking the best prices online for a wide range of products, you're probably comparing prices with the likes of eBay, Walmart, QVC, Yahoo Shopping, and Amazon.com – an e-commerce company that has become the largest Internet-based retailer in the U.S. which has expanded their reach across the globe to locations such as the Netherlands, Japan, India, Germany, Italy, and Australia.
Amazon.com started out as an online bookstore, but it didn't take long for the company to capitalize off of adding DVDs, CDs, video downloads, MP3s, video games, electronics, software, toys, and jewelry to the mix. The company even sells gourmet and everyday food items in their Prime Pantry – from Nestle chocolate bars to Earth's Best Organic baby food. You never know what you're going to find sold on Amazon.com, as you can purchase kitchen utensils, BBQ grills, licorice, automotive tools, lawn benches, and musical instruments all in the same online shopping trip.
Amazon is known for selling competitively-priced, exclusive products and services that include a line of Kindle tablets (from the Kindle e-readers to Kindle Fire HDX); Amazon Fire TV and Fire Stick TV (a streaming media stick similar to the Roku that provides access to Netflix and Amazon Instant Video); and Fire Phone (with accompanying headsets and other accessories).
Under the Amazon umbrella, the company also manages an army of e-commerce sites and online endeavors, such as Shopbop.com, Woot.com, MyHabit.com, Audible, GoodReads, Diapers.com, ComiXology, Beautybar.com, Amazon Fresh, Book Depository, 6PM, Casa.com, and Zappos.com – a favorite amongst shoe lovers.
Amazon also offers several paid subscriptions and services to accommodate a variety of interests. Book and movie lovers can pay for an Amazon Prime membership to take advantage of free two-day shipping within the U.S.; free book borrowing from the Kindle Owners' Library; gain access to Amazon Instant Video (the streaming of selected movies and TV shows at no extra charge); unlimited, ad-free streaming of millions of songs using Prime Music. Unlimited photo storage with Amazon's cloud drive takes place with a subscription to Prime Photos.
The company also has a frequent buyer program called Amazon's Subscribe & Save, which offers items, such as Keurig K-Cups, Luna Protein Bars, and Pampers Cruisers, which are discounted in price and oftentimes sold in bulk. Subscribe & Save shipments are delivered for free, where customers can select automatic shipments sent every 1, 2, 3 or 6 months.
And, to make life even sweeter – you can use an Amazon.com coupon code when shopping the vast array of products and services to save money. And, if your promo code comes from Giving Assistant, you'll not only earn cash back, but can take care in knowing that your transaction also go towards spreading a little good to someone in need.
Amazon apps tend to gain a lot of attention, just like the most-popular video on Amazon's YouTube channel ("Amazon app - earth's biggest selection in pocket"), which attracted more than 18 million views.
Does Amazon Do Black Friday?
Yes, the Amazon Black Friday Deals will start on Fri Nov 23 2018 with many items available in the discounted Black Friday sale.
Does Amazon Do Cyber Monday?
Yes, the Amazon Cyber Monday Deals will start on Mon Nov 26 2018 with many items available in the discounted Cyber Monday sale.
Amazon Social Media Links
Amazon on Twitter: From expanding your book wishlist to Amazon Prime alerts to learning about the latest contests and promotions, follow Amazon on Twitter to get your shopping fix.
Amazon on Facebook: Like, comment on, and share the newest finds on Amazon; interact with customer service, and voice your opinion regarding their latest posts.
Amazon on Pinterest: Some of the Boards found on this account include 'Kitchen Gadgets,' 'Closet Organization,' 'For the Baby,' and of course, 'Books & Reading.'
Amazon on YouTube: Just some of the videos uploaded to this channel include Amazon Video Shorts (including their popular Kitchen Shorts), Amazon Prime ads, and info on Amazon Apps.
Amazon Contact Info
Amazon Corporate Office & Headquarters
1200 12th Avenue South, Suite 1200
Seattle, WA 98144
Telephone Number: +1 (888) 280-4331