5 Things You Didn't Know About Olive Garden
- Olive Garden served more than 13 million bowls of pasta during its "Never Ending Pasta Bowl" promotion that it held in 2013.
- All the Olive Garden restaurants are modeled after a rustic farmhouse located in the town of Castellina located in Chianti, Tuscany.
- The Peruvian Olive Garden restaurant is known as the "Olive Italian Restaurant" rather than the "Olive Garden" like all the other restaurants.
- While many restaurants won't allow you to order off the lunch menu at dinner time, Olive Garden restaurants allow patrons to order off it anytime.
- Olive Garden allows its customers to buy its house salad dressing that made it so famous by simply asking the server for a bottle.
How to Redeem a Coupon Code at OliveGarden.com
- When you order at Olive Garden via its online website, you can easily redeem a coupon code during the checkout process, which you'll find illustrated below:
- After placing the appetizers, entrees, desserts and other food items you'd like to order into your online "Shopping Cart," click "Checkout."
- Select the time you would like to pick up your order, and click "Continue."
- Review the location, pickup time and contents of your order for accuracy, and then input your coupon code into the "Coupon Code" text box. Click the gray "Apply Coupon" button.
- Click the red "Checkout" button, and then select your preferred payment method. Olive Garden allows you to pay via debit, credit or gift card online, or you may select the option to pay at the restaurant upon pickup.
- Input your contact information. If you chose to pay online, input your billing information as well, and click "Submit Order."
Olive Garden Review
Olive Garden has become one of the most popular chain restaurants in the world, similar in context and price range to T.G.I. Friday's, Carrabba's Italian Grille and Applebee's. However, whereas many chain restaurants begin as single restaurants that grow in popularity and end up becoming chains, Olive Garden was created with the intention of becoming a chain restaurant from the beginning. The first Olive Garden opened in Orlando, Florida, in 1982, and by 1989, there are more than 145 Olive Garden locations. The restaurant chain became the largest Italian-themed full-service chain restaurant in the U.S., and it still holds that position today.
Olive Garden was successful from its first day in operation, and part of that is due to the fact that it is one of the many restaurants in the Darden family of restaurants. Along with Red Lobster, LongHorn Steakhouse, Bahama Breeze, Eddie V's Prime Seafood, Yard House, the Capital Grille and Seasons 52, Olive Garden is part of the Fortune 500 Darden company. Darden has always made an effort to keep Olive Garden in headlights with new promotions, dishes and other features to entice customers to its doors. In fact, as of 2012, approximately 45% of the sales generated for Darden were generated by Olive Garden restaurants alone.
Originally, Olive Garden was a General Mills company. General Mills had a restaurant unit that it operated, but it later decided to spin its restaurant holdings off into Darden Restaurants, which is named after the founder of Red Lobster, Bill Darden. Although Olive Garden's original slogan was "Good Times, Great Salad, Olive Garden," it was later changed to "When you're here, you're family" and then later again to "We're all family here." The original slogan was designed to highlight its unlimited salad, but when it added unlimited bread sticks onto the menu as well, the marketing team felt the need for a family-oriented slogan.
Olive Garden famous salad dressing is part of what made it such a popular restaurant. As such, it has risen to consumer demand to offer customers the option to buy their house salad dressing to take home with them. Although it can't be bought in stores, it can be purchased at all Olive Garden locations that have it in stock as well as via its online website.
Additionally, Olive Garden allows its customers to sign up for its eClub to receive special coupon codes, deals and promotions for its food and merchandise. In fact, when customers sign up for Olive Garden's eClub program, not only will they receive email notifications concerning the latest specials and promotions, but they'll also receive a free birthday gift too.
Staying in keeping with digitalization, Olive Garden allows customers to place their orders online where they have an access to the full menu from appetizers to entrees to desserts. Customers have the option to pay online or when they pick their food up at the restaurant, and they can order the food to be prepared and ready to go at the times that they specify, which makes it especially ideal for busy families and those just getting off work to get a meal on their way home.
One of the most popular videos on Olive Garden's YouTube channel is entitled How to Cook Scaloppini. In this video, Olive Garden chef Chris Black explains the traditional Italian technique for making scaloppini and educates viewers on how to make the perfect pasta at home.
Olive Garden Social Media Links
Olive Garden on YouTube: When you're looking for information tutorials about cooking pasta, news about the latest tasty items to hit Olive Garden's menus and any other special promotions that the chain is hosting, check out Olive Garden's YouTube channel.
Olive Garden on Facebook: Show your love for Olive Garden by liking its company page on Facebook. Leave feedback about your restaurant experiences and favorite dishes and participate in exciting sweepstakes and contests to win gift cards and other prizes from the company via its Facebook profile.
Olive Garden on Twitter: Check out Olive Garden's Twitter profile when you want to see the latest company tweets about seasonal dishes and get chances to win gift cards and pasta passes.
Olive Garden on Google+: Olive Garden's Google+ account is your resource for the latest company news and to learn about any recent reviews of the company.
Olive Garden on Instagram: Olive Garden's Instagram page is where to go when you want to see mouth-watering pictures of Olive Garden's most tasty entrees placed in different settings.
Olive Garden Contact Info
Darden Restaurants, Inc.
PO Box 695011
Orlando, FL 32869-5011
Telephone Number: +1 (800) 331-2729