5 Things You Didn't Know About Equifax
- Equifax originally helped grocers who offered store credit to determine the credit-worthiness of customers requesting such credit to minimize their risk.
- The company's name is derived from an assertion that they provide "equitable factual information" to clients requesting accurate credit history information.
- Through its Equifax Foundation, the company offers grants and other sources of funding for organizations and groups looking to help their local communities.
- Employing more than 7,000 individuals at its various offices, Equifax ranks among the "Top 20 companies to Work," according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- In its first year of operation in 1899, the company posted a loss of $2,242; today Equifax generates more than $2 billion in annual revenue.
How to Redeem a Coupon Code at Equifax.com
- Start your experience with Equifax by browsing the coupon codes and promo codes found on Giving Assistant. Select your desired code. Copy the code and click to be directed to the Equifax website. Select the products or services you wish to purchase and take the following steps to redeem a coupon code at Equifax.com:
- If you haven't do so already, you'll be prompted to enter your name, address, and other basic information. Be aware that you will need to provide a Social Security number if you're purchasing a credit report.
- Continue to the next page. Here you will be able to review your order.
- If you're satisfied with your order, enter your payment information.
- Enter or paste your code in the box marked "Promotion Code" and click "Apply."
- You will then be prompted to review your order one more time and complete it if you're satisfied with your selection(s).
Brothers Cator and Guy Woolford started Equifax as the Retail Credit Company in 1899. Initially, the company verified the financial status of customers seeking store credit before branching out into auto insurance and life insurance at one point. Today, Equifax is recognized as a global leader in commercial and consumer information and financial security. While primarily focusing on business-to-business operations, the company also offers a variety of services available directly to consumers.
Similar to some of the services provided by Experian and Automatic Data Processing, the services offered by Equifax are designed to meet the financial processing and reporting needs of its customers. Based in Atlanta and serving more than 600 million consumers and 80 million businesses in 19 countries, the company organizes and assimilates essential data that includes credit reporting information and marketing data.
In addition to producing credit reports, the company also offers identity protection services for consumers, which includes a fully staffed hotline and alerts sent out when suspicious activities are observed on customers' accounts. Business-to-business services include HR compliance and employment verification, services that are especially beneficial for smaller businesses lacking the resources to carry out extensive HR duties.
Equifax has earned a solid reputation for incorporating leading technology into its services. The company uses advanced analytics to develop multi-source data solutions for its business and consumer services, especially when it comes to the company's identify theft and credit monitoring services.
The company's credit report service includes information from three leading credit bureaus and credit scores once a year. All customer information is kept confidential, which helps add credibility to one of the company's fastest-growing services - credit monitoring and fraud protection. Equifax's credit score monitoring service includes custom alerts personalized to customers' spending and shopping habits. You can identify companies you frequent to further streamline alerts you receive.
Fraud protection services offered by Equifax include Social Security number monitoring. Customers are alerted if their Social Security number is found on suspected Internet trading sites that typically obtain SS numbers and sell them to unscrupulous companies.
The company's Social Security Number monitoring service can be coupled with identify-theft services for a wider range of protection. Dedicated ID theft and assistance and insurance offers added protection with a million dollars' worth of theft insurance coupled with phone support. The company's identify theft protection insurance is underwritten by American International Group, Inc.
Most of the services available from Equifax are conveniently accessible online. With the company's credit reporting service, for instance, you're able to file dispute if you believe that information on your Equifax credit report is inaccurate. After notifying an agent of your suspicions, you'll receive a summary of your disputed information before receiving a response to your dispute via email. If information is incorrect, it will be removed from your credit report and your credit score will be adjusted accordingly.
The company is upfront about is services, which include a growing number of options of small businesses lacking the resources to manage their reputation, minimize operational risks, and reduce financial risks by giving small business owners access to the services and tools necessary to identify and avoid such risks.
Equifax's customer service is responsive and easily accessible, according to customer reviews posted online. The company is in good standing with the Better Business Bureau with a solid "A+" rating.
Save even more on the services available through Equifax by taking advantage of the coupon codes and promo codes found on Giving Assistant. In addition to some much-appreciated savings, you'll also get the added benefit of knowing that you're helping others in need by starting your experience with Equifax on Giving Assistant.
One of the most popular videos on the Equifax YouTube channel features their child identity monitoring service.
Equifax Social Media Links
Equifax on Facebook: Follow Equifax on Facebook and be among the first to hear about the company's latest promotions, reminders, social media-only contests, related videos, and personal responses to consumer questions and issues.
Equifax on Twitter: By in the know when it comes to the latest company news, make your way to related online page such as the company's blog, get career insights, or browse through photos and videos by following Equifax on Twitter.
Equifax on YouTube: Subscribe to the Equifax YouTube channel to view the latest Equifax customer stories, promotional videos illustrating the value of the company's services, recent ads, and related Equifax channels.
Equifax on Instagram: Instantly access helpful agents, browse user posts, customer stories highlighted with related photos, potential money-saving facts, or view "tips of the day" you can easily share with friends by following Equifax on Instagram.
Equifax on Google+: Are you not sure whether to tap your home's equity or use your savings? Find the answer to this other common customer concerns by following Equifax on Google+, where you'll also get instant access to financial planning apps and other useful tools.
Equifax on Pinterest: Make your way through the Equifax Finance Blog by viewing it as a series of informative pins when you follow the company on Pinterest.
Equifax on LinkedIn: Find out everything you need to know about the services available through Equifax while getting instant access to key company personnel by following the company on LinkedIn.
Equifax Contact Info
Equifax (Corporate Headquarters)
1558 Peachtree Street NE
Atlanta, GA 30309
Office Phone Number: (404) 885-8000
New Business Customers: (888) 202-4025
Dispute Information or Report Fraud On Credit Report: (866) 349-5191