5 Things You Didn't Know About Viator
- Viator offers travelers access to more than 20,000 bookable tours to more than 1,500 destinations in some of the most popular locations around the world.
- First made available to travelers in 2013, the Viator Tours and Activities App has been downloaded more than a million times.
- Viator, through a foundation operated by its parent company TripAdvisor, plays a role in supporting more than 50 charitable organizations.
- Company employees are encouraged to volunteer on a regular basis and take part in various community activities like Habitat for Humanity.
- Viator utilizes a network of 60 consumer-facing websites and mobile apps to reach in excess of 11 million travelers per month.
How to Redeem a Coupon Code at Viator
- Take a moment to check out the latest Viator coupon or promo codes you'll find on Giving Assistant. Copy your desired copy and make your way to Viator.com. You'll then redeem a coupon code at Viator by taking the following steps:
- Browse through the available bookings and fine-tune your preferences for travel dates, number of adults and children, and other necessary information.
- Select your preferred booking and begin the process of securing it.
- Enter your promo code in the designated box and click "Apply" to view your tour booking with your additional savings applied.
- Enter your payment and contact information as requested if you're a new visitor to Viator.com, or sign in and confirm your information.
- Review your booking information and complete your booking arrangements for your preferred travel activities.
Viator traces its origins to 1995 when the company started as a technology company based in Sydney, Australia that built websites for travel companies. The company soon became a leader in what was once a unique niche of the travel industry - the booking of destination activities. Similar to what's offered by companies like Expedia, Kayak, Priceline, and Airbnb, the services offered by Viator go a step further and emphasize specific travel activities rather focusing exclusively on hotel rooms, airline bookings, and other basic travel details.
Since its humble beginnings as a builder of websites for travel companies, the company has developed a global network of resources that includes various airlines, hotels, car rental companies, and local tour operators. It's the connections with local tour operators around the world that allows Viator to put together unique bookings - essentially giving you something to do once you get to your preferred destination beyond just taking care of the travel arrangements. In addition to offering tour bookings, the company provides information on popular destinations around the world to let you know what activities are available in those locations to help streamline your travel plans.
The company, acquired by TripAdvisor in 2014, is made of a team of travel experts around the world who have developed ongoing relationships with tour operators. Each operator is carefully vetted by the team at Viator based, in part, on verified customer reviews. If a tour operator receives consistently negative feedback, they are removed from the company's website. Viator has more than 3,000 active partners worldwide, a network of affiliates that allows for greater access to popular travel spots.
The tour bookings and travel adventures available through Viator.com range from typical sightseeing tours in cities like Paris, London, and Sydney to more unique tour offerings like guided hikes through Calf Creek in Utah or a guided tour through Portugal's breathtaking wine region. The company has put together a series of award-winning insider traveler videos posted to its YouTube channel to give you a better idea of what's offered with a typical tour package.
All of the services offered by Viator are available through convenient mobile apps that allow for easier bookings. The company's website has also been redesigned to allow for better mobile access via any Internet-connected device. Just keep in mind that bookings aren't confirmed until you confirm availability during the checkout process. The re-designed website also allows for easier navigation to further speed up the process of selecting your travel activities and securing your booking while it's still available for your preferred dates.
Customer support from Viator is said to be excellent, based on reviews by travelers who have used the site. The company maintains a diverse staff with a thorough understanding of the tour booking process while also managing versions of its website in several different languages.
Viator further entices travelers looking for good deals on bookings worldwide through various social media posts, including a popular series of videos showcasing some of the unique tours available through the company's website. A tour that takes travelers to the filming locations for the cable series "Game of Thrones," in Reykjavik, Iceland is one of the most popular of the posted travel tour videos posted by Viator on the company's YouTube channel. Iceland - 'Game of Thrones' Filming Locations Tour From Reykjavik
Viator.com routinely offers travel deals available for significantly reduced prices. You can enjoy even more savings by starting your experience with Viator by browsing the coupon and promo codes available for Viator through Giving Assistant. On top of the savings you get by enhancing your experience with Viator.com by using one of the Viator coupon or promo codes, you'll also get the added satisfaction of knowing that you're also helping others in need.
Viator Social Media Links
Viator on Facebook: Play "Name That Moment," answer fun questions designed to spark conversations, view photos or video promos highlighting top travel destinations, and download handy apps while following and liking Viator on Facebook.
Viator on Twitter: Be among those in-the-know by following Viator on Twitter to get the first word on travel deals and new specials while browsing posts highlighting the many activities you can enjoy on your next trip.
Viator on Instagram: View photos of some of the sights you can see when booking tours on Viator.com by checking out the latest visual content from the company on Instagram.
Viator on Pinterest: Take a moment to peruse boards dedicated to North American fall foliage, Food Tours Around the World, UNESCO World Heritage Sites, and popular travel destinations like Paris and the Caribbean while following Viator on Pinterest.
Viator on YouTube: Get inspired for your next trip or vacation by viewing the growing collection of travel videos on the Viator.com YouTube channel. Subscribe and you'll have access to content that includes video clips showcasing bridge climbing in Sydney and other tour activities often included in tour packages offered through the company's website.
Viator Customer Service Contact Info
360 Third Street Suite 400
San Francisco, CA 94107
Telephone Number: +1 (866) 648-5873
Email Address: email@example.com