5 Things You Didn't Know About Zipcar
- Zipcar maintains an updated fleet of nearly 10,000 vehicles at various locations nationwide encompassing more than 50 models of cars, pickup trucks, and other vehicles.
- Zipcar's efforts to boost the energy efficiency of its fleet include the use of Chevrolet's plug-hybrid cars throughout the Chicago area with plans to expand.
- The Zipcar fleet includes the Honda Fit EV, an innovative all-electric car that ranks as one of the most efficient vehicles on the road today.
- Community supported Zipcar charities and programs include Green Streets Initiative, the Urban Ecology Institute, Boston Cares, and Extras for Creative Reuse.
- During the 2014 holiday season, the company introduced "Zipcertificates," gift certificates that can be used by existing members for free hours or towards new memberships.
How to Redeem a Coupon Code at Zipcar
Redeem a coupon code that you can use at Zipcar.com towards your reservation of a vehicle in your area by browsing the latest Giving Assistant codes. After finding a code that best fits your needs, copy and paste it and head on over to the Zipcar website. Once there, you'll take the following steps to redeem a coupon code on Zipcar.com:
- Sign in or create a new account. If you don't already have an account, you'll be prompted to create one when you first visit the website.
- Enter a valid driver's license number and related information. Anybody using the Zipcar service as the designated driver of the vehicle will need to have a valid driver's license.
- Select your preferences. You'll be asked to enter your zip code in order to find the nearest Zipcar location to your area.
- Make your preferred arrangements for the vehicle you wish to use.
- Enter your code in the "Promotion Code" box on the page where you add or confirm your billing address and payment information.
- Confirm your arrangements.
Antje Danielson and Robin Chase founded Zipcar in 2000. Since then, companies like Hertz, Enterprise, and U-Haul have rolled out similar car sharing services. Zipcar provide vehicle reservations to members in various cities throughout the United States. Vehicles can be reserved for certain hours or you can opt for billing by the day. Today, Zipcar is a subsidiary of Avis Budget Group.
The company charges a reasonable membership fee in addition to the fee for the use of the vehicle, although membership does offer certain perks and benefits. In addition to being able to reserve vehicles over the phone or online through the company's website, for instance, members can also use the Zipcar mobile app to make arrangements to pick up a vehicle in your area at the nearest Zipcar location. Members also have the option of reserving vehicles immediately or in advance up to a year ahead of time for long-term plans like a trip or vacation where transportation will be needed.
Members will be given an access card that works with built-in technology in the car to unlock the door once arrangements have been made to pick up a vehicle for use. The keys to the vehicle are left inside. The company has a special app that can be used to honk the horn inside of the car so users can identify their vehicle. The app will also unlock the doors.
In addition to offering individual vehicle rental options, Zipcar also offers a program for businesses looking to have access to reliable vehicles. The Zipcar for Business program includes discounts for businesses that choose to take advantage of the service Monday through Friday. The company has also expanded its market to include college students who may need reliable transportation. Zipcar has partnerships with more than 300 colleges and similar institutions throughout North America.
Each Zipcar vehicle has a reserved location within the specific area served. Users will be told where to go to pick up their car. All designated vehicle locations are listed on Zipcar.com. Vehicles within the Zipcar fleet include BMWs, Prius', and Audis. All vehicles are infused with technology that offers protection should a vehicle be stolen (it won't start). In order to protect customer privacy, the location of the vehicle is not tracked while it's being reserved.
The vehicles used by Zipcar are equipped with special technology that carefully tracks usage and miles to ensure accurate billing. Once the car usage period is over, the vehicle must be returned to the specific Zipcar location where the vehicle was picked up, which may include a side street or parking lot.
The overall price for membership includes a one-time application fee, an annual membership fee, and the reservation charge. However, parking, insurance, vehicle maintenance, and fuel (in the form of a gas card that's given to users) are covered in the total fee paid by members. If you have to pay any expenses out of pocket, as may be the case with gas stations that don't accept some gas cards, the company will provide a reimbursement.
Zipcar has a reputation for posting fun videos designed to show how easy it is to use the company's car sharing service. A prime example is the company's popular "I'd Tap That..." series, with one of the more popular YouTube videos from that series shown here: I’d Tap That: Grannies: Tap & Roll with Zipcar.
Get where you need to go while doing something good for others in need at the same time. You can achieve this goal by taking advantage of the many coupon codes and promotional codes for Zipcar services that you'll find on Giving Assistant. See for yourself how the savings can easily add up when you start your experience with Zipcar on Giving Assistant.
Zipcar Social Media Links
Zipcar on Facebook: View promotional and user-posted photos, read customer comments and user posts, keep tabs on the latest promotions and special offers from Zipcar, and view other shareable content by following the company on Facebook.
Zipcar on Twitter: Did you know that Zipcar was nominated for one of USA Today's Ten Best Readers' Choice Awards? This is just one of the many bits of information you can discover when following the company on Twitter.
Zipcar on YouTube: Learn how Zipcar works by viewing instructional videos on the company's YouTube channel, which also includes the popular "I'd Tap That..." series of videos plus a wide selection of videos illustrating the many reasons to take advantage of Zipcar's ride sharing service.
Zipcar on Instagram: Discover the many advantage of car sharing by following Zipcar on Instagram where you can view photos posted by company employees and satisfied customers documenting their car sharing experiences.
Zipcar on LinkedIn: Check out the history and information about Zipcar on LinkedIn.
Zipcar on Google+: View the latest posts, videos, photos, and more from Zipcar while meeting team members from different company locations and browsing through user-posted photos as you follow Zipcar on Google+.
Zipcar Customer Service Contact Info
35 Thomson Place
Boston, MA 02210
Telephone Number: +1 (866) 494-7227
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org