5 Things You Didn’t Know About American Girl
- In 2004, American Girl joined forces with actress Julia Roberts' production company to create the 1st American Girl direct-to-video movie.
- You can order the American Girl bi-monthly magazine for girls ages 8-14; it comes with articles, recipes, advice columns, fiction & arts/crafts.
- The Pleasant Company, which produces American Girl dolls have been awarded the Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Award a total of eight times.
- American Girl has donated more than $500,000 to charitable organizations, such as the national non-profit homeless housing group HomeAid.
- The Historical Characters line of books featuring American Girl doll characters educate & address heavy topics such as war, racism & poverty
How to Redeem a Coupon Code at AmericanGirl.com
After adding your chosen doll and/or accessories to the online 'shopping bag,' you will redeem an AmericanGirl.com coupon code during the checkout process, which is illustrated below:
- Upon viewing the order summary, clicking 'Checkout' leads to a sign-in page. Registered customers are asked to enter their username and password to continue, while new customers and guests may proceed by clicking 'Start Checkout.'
- Adults are then asked to verify their date of birth, as only shoppers 18 years and older are allowed to make a purchase. Click 'Continue' to proceed.
- Designate whether your order is shipping to one or multiple addresses.
- Enter the details of the shipping address, and then scroll down to select a shipping method: Standard, 2-Day Rush, or Next Day Rush.
- Below the Order Summary, enter your coupon code in the offer code space, and click 'Apply.'
- Click 'Continue' to proceed and select a method of payment: Gift Card or Credit/Debit Card.
- Click 'Continue' to review the final total, and then submit to complete the transaction.
American Girl Sales
AmericanGirl.com has a 'Sale' section that features reduced prices on doll clothing (such as a Teen Spirt Outfit and witch's costume for Halloween), accessories (like a cup and saucer set for dolls), reading materials and advice guides for girls, mini-doll shelves for children's bedrooms, as well as sets that include both dolls and books.
American Girl Review
Parents and collectors often turn to the likes of American Girl, Gotz, My Twinn, Journey Girls, Makies, and Madame Alexander Dolls to give as gifts and fill their shelves with unique-looking dolls with personality. What makes the American Girl line unique is their representation of different ethnicities, cultures and historic time periods, which not only include 15- to 18-inch dolls with a range of clothing and accessories to buy, but also accompanying books, DVDs, themed gift wrap/boxes, and online material that expands the minds of young children.
When Pleasant Rowland founded the Pleasant Company in 1986, all American Girl products were originally available by mail order only. After becoming a subsidiary of Mattel in 1998, the Pleasant Company not only increased the number of American Girl Place brick-and-mortar stores selling American Girl dolls, clothes and accessories, but also launched AmericanGirl.com so that customers could order their products from the comforts of their own home.
Under the American Girl umbrella, most dolls represent specific character lines, such as the BeForever collection (a reintroduction of The American Girls Collection or Historical Characters line). This product line was the initial focus of the Pleasant Company, offering dolls which taught various aspects of American history. Early American Girl endeavors included the launching of a six-book series that illustrated life during specific time periods and events, such as the American Revolution and American Civil War – all of which were written from the viewpoint of a 9-year-old girl and represented by their respective dolls.
For example, the Josephina Montoya doll represents a young Mexican girl living in 1824 New Mexico. When shopping AmericanGirl.com, you can purchase a two-volume set filled with classic stories featuring Josephina, including a mystery book. Dressed in clothing authentic to her era and culture, consider browsing outfits and accessories made specifically for Josephina, which include a fine lace mantilla, outdoor oven with food, black lace fan, faux-straw hat with chinstrap, and even her pet goat.
Throughout its history, new American Girls and accessories have been released on a periodic basis, with some being discontinued and sent to the 'archives' over time.
Over the years, the company has expanded to include options outside the original American Girl dolls collection. In 2001, American Girl began producing a Girl of the Year doll – an exclusive character made specifically for a particular year. The dolls are available until December 31 (or while supplies last), and at the end of the year, are replaced with a new personality.
Other American Girl dolls lines include Truly Me (representing the company's collection of contemporary dolls; where every doll comes with the me-and-my-doll activity set); Bitty Babies (15-inch dolls with their own line of nursery furniture, charming accessories, and picture books geared towards ages 3 and up); and Bitty Twins, where you can order a pair of dolls dressed in full outfits and hair for styling, which come with a special book.
Accessories from AmericanGirl.com often fit within distinct themes and are a real hit with children and parents. Scan their 'bedtime favorites' collection to find bedroom accessories, a vanity set, satin pajamas, and canopy bed with matching bedding. In addition to purchasing American Girl brushes, combs and hair extensions, hairstyling sets are also sold for specific dolls. Other American Girl accessories range from the Berry Wheelchair to the Feel-Better Kit (with crutches and cast) to a Travel Seat for on-the-go dolls coming along for a car ride.
And there's good news…whether you're buying a set of BeForever mysteries or shopping for a nursery doll set, AmericanGirl.com also offers periodic ways to save money on purchases. To further take advantage of shopping perks, don't forget to use a Giving Assistant coupon code to take an additional percentage off or score free shipping. And, as an added perk – receive feel-good karma, as your transaction also goes towards doing something nice for someone in need.
American Girl Top YouTube Video
Racking up an impressive 30,050,330 views, one of the most-watched videos related to the American Girl doll line is one titled, "American Girl Doll Disney Frozen Elsa's Bedroom," which highlights a collector's decked-out bedroom setting that she uses when dressing her American Girl dolls up to resemble other characters.
American Girl Social Media Links
American Girl on Twitter: Become a follower to stay in the loop regarding special offers for American Girl dolls, in-store events, special-edition outfits, and live chat sessions.
American Girl on Facebook: From gaining back-to-school inspiration to learning about the Doll Hair Salon, follow the company to keep informed on the latest happenings, news, and products.
American Girl on Instagram: A colorful representation of American Girl dolls, fashions and accessories are joined by holiday cheer and fun activity ideas.
American Girl on Pinterest: From getting a sneak peek at the next Girl of the Year doll or browsing holiday fashions, other Boards to explore include ones dedicated to BeForever and Truly Me dolls.
American Girl on YouTube: Just some of the uploads to look forward to on this channel include holiday crafts, DIY tutorials, doll design, doll hair videos, and Girl of the Year news.
American Girl Contact Info
American Girl Brands, LLC
8400 Fairway Pl
Middleton, WI, 53562
Phone Number: 1-800-845-0005 or (608) 836-4848