5 Things You Didn't Know About HauteLook
- Serial entrepreneur and ex-senior VP of Joie Clothing Adam Bernard founded liquid8usa.com in 2004. He renamed it HauteLook in 2007.
- Nordstrom purchased HauteLook in 2011 for $180 million -- the first traditional retailor to purchase an online private flash sales company.
- Bernard stepped down as CEO in October 2013 but continues as an advisor. Terry Boyle leads HauteLook as its president.
- HauteLook launched Nordstrom Rack as a subsidiary in 2014 on a shared site. Customers also can shop both from the Nordstrom Rack app.
- Founder Adam Bernard sees HauteLook expanding into food and wine tastings and discounted sales of more exclusive services and experiences.
How to Redeem a Coupon Code at HauteLook
- To purchase an item, click on "Add to Cart". Items remain in your cart for 15 minutes. When you are done shopping, go to your cart and click on "Checkout".
- You can shop without creating an account, but you will need to enter your name and email address, and then choose whether you want to receive their emails.
- When you complete this first section, the shipping section opens. Enter your shipping address and choose your shipping method if expedited shipping is available for your purchase. Orders over $100 ship free by standard ground shipping. When you save your shipping information, the payment section opens.
- You can pay via PayPal or your credit card, including a Nordstrom card. Enter your billing address if it's different from your shipping address. Click to open the appropriate text box to enter either a Nordstrom discount code or a HauteLook code, but you can use only one HauteLook code per purchase.
- Save your payment information, and review and then confirm your order to complete your purchase.
If you're impressed by the one-day sale prices on the HauteLook site, just wait until you visit the clearance section for Nordstrom Rack. You can shop the entire clearance, or you can shop by department for designer clothing and accessories for men, women, boys, and girls, including attractive designer clothes in women’s' plus sizes for casual, daytime, and eveningwear. You'll also find toys, fragrances and items for your beauty routine, and items for your home including your kitchen, bath, bed, and outdoor living space. You can search the clearance section by size, color, price, and brand, and you can sort items by popularity, the newest arrivals, those offering the best value, and price with items arranged from low to high or high to low.
Like Beyond the Rack and Daily Steals, items on the HauteLook site are available for a limited sale period. HauteLook offers men’s and women’s clothing and accessories; clothing, accessories, and toys for kids; items for your home; and cosmetics, fragrances, and skin, hair, and nail care essentials. In fact, this YouTube video from HauteLook entitled Welcome to HauteLook: From Our Members to You features HauteLook shoppers describing the items available on the site, how the sales work, and the benefits of shopping the HauteLook way.
On the Nordstrom Rack side of the site, you'll also find women’s' clothing, accessories, fragrances, and beauty items; men’s' clothing and accessories; kid’s toys, clothing, and accessories; and items for your home, but you'll also find luggage, gift items, and an impressive clearance section.
To give everyone a chance at the deals on the HauteLook side, items stay in your cart for only 15 minutes. If the 15 minutes expires, you can add the item back into your cart if it's still available, but if the description tells you that only limited numbers are left, you may want to purchase that item before continuing to shop. If you should purchase something that you decide that you don't really like or want, you have 45 days to return it to Nordstrom by mail or in person in a Nordstrom's store.
Refer friends and family members to HauteLook, and you'll receive a $20 discount as a thank you.
When you scroll down near to the bottom of the HauteLook front page, you'll find a listing of all the sales that will be ending soon and the number of hours that are left. Below that, you'll find a list of the sales that will begin in the next few days and the hour of the day when those sales will begin. Watch these areas for great bargains.
If you become a Nordstrom Rewards member, you receive one point for every dollar you spend at Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack, and HauteLook. On bonus point days, you earn even more points. If you have a Nordstrom credit card, you earn double the points for each dollar you spend. Nordstrom card members also receive early VIP access to sales events, early access to the anniversary sale event, and personal 10 point and triple point days. For every 2,000 points Nordstrom Reward members earn, they receive a $20 Nordstrom Note that they can use to purchase anything from Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack, and HauteLook. In addition, depending on the amount they charge, Nordstrom credit card members are reimbursed for the cost of alterations with Nordstrom Notes.
HauteLook Social Media Links
HauteLook on Facebook: HauteLook uses their Facebook page to showcase looks pulled together from some of the items on sale that day. You'll get an idea of how the items look together and how to style them. You might even find the occasional prize drawing. If you like something you see and have a question about it, or if you have some other question, comment, or even a complaint, post it or send a message to HauteLook. They usually respond within an hour.
HauteLook on Twitter: As with Facebook, you'll find tweets of looks created from the sale items for the day along with prize drawings. You'll also find more information about the cosmetics on sale from HauteLook and tweets about mentions of HauteLook in the media. HauteLook's Twitter followers are an active group, so hop into the conversation.
HauteLook on Pinterest: HauteLook's Pinterest boards are a hotbed of activity that are frequently updated. You'll find boards for fashions for the upcoming season, boards for plus sizes, boards for men, boards for kids, a board for all things cute, and boards for the home, travel, recipes, parties, weddings, gift giving, beauty, and more.
HauteLook on Instagram: On HauteLook's Instagram page, you'll see the same outfits and cosmetics that you'll find on Facebook and Twitter, but you'll also find looks that HauteLook has created for your home. In addition, you'll see photographs taken by HauteLook photographers out and about in Los Angeles and the surrounding area. Add your comments to those of other Instagram followers.
HauteLook Contact Info
1013 S Los Angeles St
Los Angeles, CA 90015
Telephone Number: +1 (888) 547-8438