5 Things You Didn't Know About Yankee Candle
- The Yankee Candle company was founded by Michael Kittredge when he created his first scented candle out of crayons as a gift for his mother.
- Donald Maclver and Susan Obremski, two of Michael's high school classmates, helped him found the company by funding it and providing a place for inventory.
- The original founder of Yankee Candle sold the company to Fortsmann Little for $500 million in 1998 after he had a scare from cancer.
- The original founder of Yankee Candle has since moved on from the company and created Kringle Candle with his own son, Mike.
- In 2013, Jarden Corporation entered into an agreement to purchase Yankee Candle for $1.75 billion, and it remains the current owners of the company.
How to Redeem a Coupon Code at YankeeCandle.com
- Redeeming a Yankee Candle coupon code is relatively easy to do once you're engaged in the checkout process that you'll find illustrated in the steps below:
- Add the desired candles and other merchandise to your online "Shopping Bag," and click the "Checkout" button to proceed to checkout.
- Review the contents of your bag, make any desired adjustments, and input your coupon code into the "Have a promo code?" text box before clicking the "Apply" button.
- Click the green "Checkout" button to continue to the regular checkout screen, or you may click "Checkout with PayPal" or "Buy with Google" to check out via either of those methods.
- Provide your shipping address when requested followed by your billing address if it's different from your shipping one.
- Input your payment details when requested, and then click the "Submit Payment" button once you've once again reviewed your order for accuracy and are ready to submit your payment.
Yankee Candle Outlet/Clearance
Yankee Candle always brings its online customers special deals and promotions through its sales section. You can easily reach this section by clicking the "Sales Scenter" link located at the top of the home page. Within this section, you'll see all the merchandise that the company currently has listed for sale. You can search within this section via the same category filters that are found throughout the remainder of the website, but if you don't see a particular filter, it's because there currently aren't any items on sale within that category.
Yankee Candle Review
Yankee Candle is one of the most popular candle making companies in the world and has scents that rival the popularity of those in stores like Blyth and Lancaster Colony. However, unlike its competitors, the Yankee Candle Company focuses solely on creating candles. It doesn't offer shampoos or some of the other products that various other candle making companies do. Rather, it also sells candles, candleholders, accessories and dinnerware.
Founded in South Hadley, Massachusetts, Yankee Candles have been popular since their inception. In Christmas 1969, Michael Kittredge used crayons to create a scented candle for his mother, and as neighbors got wind of his creation, they began to ask for scented candles of their own. Michael began making the candles in larger quantities, and the Yankee Candle Company was born. Michael's friend, Maclver helped fund the company with money he made from his part-time job, while his other friend, Susan had her father devise a "heated room" that allowed them to save costs by getting heated wax delivered to the company's first factory site in Holyoke.
By 1996, the Yankee Candle company's sales surpassed $100 million, and two years later, Michael sold the company to Forstmann Little & Co. After that, Forstmann Little launched a huge advertising campaign for the company and ended up getting it picked up by mass retailers like Bed, Bath & Beyond and Linens-N-Things. Now the company has more than 560 stores located in malls across all 50 states of the U.S. Additionally, it has stores in more than 50 countries worldwide, and customers can order merchandise through the company via its mail-in catalog and online at its website.
The company's flagship store was opened in 1989 in Deerfield, Massachusetts, which is also where its corporate headquarters is located. The flagship store always features all the Yankee Candle scents available as well as any New England crafts, kitchen and home accessories, gifts and collectibles and toys that the company sells. It also features a picnic area and a Bavarian Picnic Village that's decorated with Christmas trees and a toy train that runs through a Santa's Workshop recreation. Only at the flagship store can customers dip their own candles into a special area of the store and enjoy the satisfaction of creating their own wax candles. To top it all off, the flagship store also features a candle museum and Chandler's Tavern, which is a fine wine and American cuisine fine dining establishment.
Yankee Candle keeps interest in its products strong by periodically offering limited edition candle scents, especially during the holiday seasons. Additionally, it takes measure to portray a positive public image and give back to the community through the charities and special projects that it sponsors. Yankee Candles is known for being a sponsor of many educational fundraising activities that helps children's clubs and extracurricular programs acquire the funds that they need to stay active and involved. Therefore, when you shop the Yankee Candle company, you can not only enjoy saving money on fabulous candle scents with coupon codes, but you'll also get the satisfaction of knowing that you're enabling the positive engagement and education of young people throughout the nation.
One of the most-viewed videos on YouTube featuring the Yankee Candle Company is Yankee Candle Quality. This video details the company's dedication to quality and speaks of the many different fragrances that it offers its customers to accommodate their passion for fragrances.
Yankee Candle Social Media Links
Yankee Candle on YouTube: Check out Yankee Candle's YouTube channel to learn about the company's latest fragrances as well as any philanthropic efforts it's sponsoring.
Yankee Candle on Facebook: Stay connected with the Yankee Candle Company via it's Facebook account when you can vote on your favorite scents as well as new scents to be released. Show your love and support for the company by liking its Facebook page and by sharing your favorite news posts and entering chances to win prizes from the company.
Yankee Candle on Twitter: Follow the Yankee Candle Company's Twitter profile to stay up-to-date with the latest company news via its instant tweets. Respond to the company with tweets of your own, and enter for chances to win prizes through its many sweepstakes and contests.
Yankee Candle on Pinterest: Follow the Yankee Candle's Pinterest boards to get inspiration for your home decorations as well as craft ideas. Learn about the latest scents and much more in boards such as "Flameless Fragrance" and "Scentiments Collection."
Yankee Candle Customer Service Contact Info
P.O. Box 110
South Deerfield, MA 01373-0110
Telephone: +1 (877) 243-1776
Email Address: email@example.com