Minted Customer Service Contact Info
747 Front Street, Suite 200
San Francisco, CA 94111
Telephone Number: +1 (888) 828-6468
Email Address: email@example.com
Where Do You Put a Coupon Code for Minted?
Follow these steps below to know where to enter a minted coupon code at checkout:
- Add your items to your shopping cart.
- Click "Secure Checkout" button
- Login to your account or continue as a new customer and choose a login later
- Type in your shipping information, and then scroll down to review order
- Enter your minted promo code in the field designated "Promotion box" and then click "Apply"
- Complete the rest of the required info to complete your purchase
1. Free Shipping Offer
Minted offers free shipping to new customers to their site. All you have to do in is fill in the details on this form.
2. Free Wedding Websites
Couples can create their own wedding website through minted.com website. They offer two options: basic or premium. The basic option is free, but is a little more limited in functions vs premium minted wedding websites. The premium option costs $20 one time setup fee and after one year, your custom website URL can be renewed for a fee. Look out for a minted wedding coupon above.
3. Free Samples
Get free samples or sample kits on save the dates invitation cards.
Minted is a company that sells stationary, art and home decor online, crowdsourced from independent artists around the world.
Who Founded Minted?
Minted.com was founded by Miriam Naficy & Melissa Kim in 2007.
Ms. Naficy, the CEO, is a former investment banker with Goldman Sachs, a graduate of Williams College and an alumna of Stanford's Graduate School of Business. Prior to Minted, Ms. Naficy co-founded Eve.com, an online seller of cosmetics that was sold to Idealab for over $100 million. She currently sits on the board of directors of Yelp.com.
Melissa Kim, the President, was a Minted employee who rose up through the ranks after roles at eBay and the Boston Consulting Group. She is an alumna of the University of Michigan and Stanford's Graduate School of Business.
The company has raised over $90 million from various venture capital groups and high-profile technology investors such as Yelp CEO Jeremy Stoppelman and Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer.
The company holds monthly contests in which different graphic designers submit artwork that visitors to the website vote on. The winning designs can then be customized with a user's name, messages and photos and used to create cards, wall art, stationary, curtains, pillows, lampshades, tablelinen, fabric, etc. In particular, the company focuses on gifts for special occasions such as weddings, baby announcements, seasonal holidays and parties.
Why Choose Minted?
- Unique Designs - Individual artists for Minted that win design contests get an upfront payment for their design after which time Minted owns an exclusive license to it and exclusive rights to sell it, except for fine artwork. Winners then receive a royalty of between six and ten percent depending on which item bears the design for each unit of that design sold by Minted. As independent greeting cards go, these royalty rates are low for the industry.
- Custom-Made Cards & Event Stationery - Minted is also counting on the fact that while people would like to customize cards with their own greetings and messages, many people don't know how to use design software like Adobe or own a good laser printer.
- High Quality Printing - Minted also adds a few custom processing options that only a high-quantity printing company can offer, such as foil stamping and die cutting.
- Easy to Bulk Order - The company is essentially capitalizing on the fact that independently designed cards outsell cards from large greeting card companies, such as Hallmark, by a large margin.
Minted is essentially guessing correctly that most people will not have that many uses for special printers and inks at home, nor do they want to spend the time creating custom cards, so it's capitalizing on providing the design and the printing for each job at a marked-up price.
Minted Top Categories
Popular reasons to shop minted are for:
- Photo cards like, holiday or Christmas cards
- Wedding stationery
- Luxury cards like: foil-pressed, letterpressed, ornament
- Fine art prints
- Custom home decor prints like: curtains, pillows &lamp shades
- Custom Nursery wall art
- Online invitations for an: anniversary party, birthday party, engagement party or bachelorette party
Companies Similar to Minted
Top 9 Alternatives to Minted include:
- Tiny Prints
- Wedding Paper Divas (now apart of The Wedding Shop by Shutterfly)
- Paper Culture
- Paperless Post
- David's Bridal
Each competitor has some differences with Minted and doesn't necessarily offer the same breadth of products.
Minted vs Paper Culture
Paper Culture has an eco- and recycling-focus. Did you know they plant a tree with every order that they receive!
Minted vs Tiny Prints
Looks like Tiny Prints generally has lower prices than Minted and features far more general designs.
Minted vs Shutterfly
Shutterfly features unlimited photo storage for a user's photos.
Minted vs Snapfish
Snapfish is a subsidiary of peripheral and printer giant Hewlett-Packard and doesn't offer proofs of products whereas Minted does.
To an extent, other photo-sharing sites such as Flickr and Instagram are also competitors, as they give users options to turn their photos into custom posters, prints and other gift items, but these sites focus exclusively on photos.
Does Minted Do Black Friday?
Yes, the Minted Black Friday Deals will start on Fri Nov 29 2019 with many items available in the discounted Black Friday sale.
Does Minted Do Cyber Monday?
Yes, the Minted Cyber Monday Deals will start on Mon Dec 02 2019 with many items available in the discounted Cyber Monday sale.
Minted Social Media Links
Minted on Twitter: Follow the official Minted Twitter account for tweets about flash sale events, promotional , discounted products, product spotlights, gift ideas, user photos, inspirations, tips, job openings and more.
Minted on Facebook: Follow the official Minted Facebook page for posts of gift ideas, product spotlights, design winner focuses, promotions, user feedback, seasonal reminders, decor concepts and more.
Minted on Google+: Follow the official Minted Google Plus account for features promotions, discounts, holiday ideas, tips for using the Minted website, product spotlights, gift inspirations and more.
Minted on Youtube: Follow the Minted Youtube channel to watch videos about details of some of Minted's design contests, its design community winners.
Minted on Pinterest: Follow Minted official Pinterest account for pins about holiday ideas, wedding themes, recipes, patterns, special occasion concepts, home decor photos and more.
Minted on Instagram: Follow Minted official Instagram account for pictures about product spotlights, theme inspirations, mood ideas and user comments.
5 Things You Didn't Know About Minted
- Minted has a partnership with West Elm to sell artwork in West Elm stores. It's a licensing partnership whereby West Elm will produce the artwork.
- In the past, Minted made a partnership with maternal health nonprofit organization Every Mother Counts, which is run by former supermodel Christy Turlington.
- Minted CEO Miriam Naficy walked away with tens of millions of dollars after selling her previous company, eve.com, at age 28.
- Although Minted CEO Miriam Naficy sold her previous company for more than $100 million, the company no longer exists; it was ultimately merged into Sephora.
- In between stints at eve.com, her previous company and Minted, CEO Miriam Naficy ran the online department of retailer The Body Shop.