5 Things You Didn't Know About Havertys
- Havertys began as a single store in Atlanta, Georgia, back in 1885, making it one of the older furniture retailers still in existence.
- In 1999, Havertys opened its 100th store in the nation, and in 2008, it completed its first online sale at its website.
- Havertys has made many philanthropic contributions to associations like the United Way, the American Red Cross and the American Cancer Foundation.
- The founder of Havertys lived through the Civil War and had seen Atlanta burn down and had endured privations during the post-war years.
- In 1998, Havertys made an agreement with Furniture Brands International to have its brands featured in its stores in exchange for improved access to products.
How to Redeem a Coupon Code at Havertys
Customers can easily redeem a coupon code at Havertys online site during the checkout process, which is described below:
- Add the desired furniture and accessories to your online "Shopping Cart," and then click "Checkout."
- Sign in if you already have an account, select the option to create an account or continue one to checkout as a guest.
- Input your contact information as well as your shipping information, and then select the desired shipping method and schedule your delivery.
- Input your billing address as well as your billing information, and then input your coupon code into the "Promotional Code" text box, and click the blue "Apply" button.
- Click the blue "Continue" button, review the contents of your order, shipping information and billing information for accuracy, and then click "Submit" to place your order.
Havertys is a leading furniture retailer in the U.S., along with companies like Ashley Furniture and Thomasville Furniture. Unlike some of its competitors, though, Havertys has been in operation for more than a decade. It started out when two brothers, J.J. Haverty and his brother, Michael, decided to open a furniture store together in Atlanta, Georgia. Having grown up in Atlanta during the Civil War and seen the city burnt down during the destruction, the Haverty brothers wanted to target middle to upper-class customers by providing them with quality merchandise that was built to last. The initial startup cost of the company was $600 of J.J.'s money in addition to an equal amount of capital borrowed to open the furniture store. Although the first year of operation, wasn't an overwhelming success for the brothers, it did yield some profit. By its third year in operation, it had grown enough to warrant moving to another, larger location.
In 1889, the company entered into a partnership with Amos G. Rhodes and became known as the Rhodes-Haverty Furniture Company. When J.J's son grew up and began to take investment in the company, though, the store eventually ended its partnership with Rhodes and began to expand. It soon opened stores in Birmingham, Charleston and Columbia. Throughout the 1900s, the company began to expand even more across the United States until it now operates more than a hundred stores across the nation. By just 1929, the company began to get interests in the stock market, and by 1979, it has grossed more than $100 million in sales.
Now the company that's renowned for its quality furniture allows customers to purchase from its online store and have their selections delivered right to their homes. Customers can browse the latest furniture collections online at Havertys website, and they can even purchase rugs and other accessories online as well. Those who choose to subscribe to the company's email listing can be the first to receive news on the website's latest deals and promotions, and they can receive special deals and coupon codes delivered straight to their inboxes. Additionally, Havertys offers a credit line that makes it so that customers who can't afford to fund the entire costs of their purchases upfront don't have to. Instead, they can purchase their furniture up to their approved credit limit, and then pay off their balance in manageable monthly installment payments.
To top it all off, Havertys is a company that's dedicated to giving back to the community. A portion of its proceeds go to various charitable efforts, and it regularly supports environmental causes. In fact, Havertys has invested more than $750,000 just in equipment that recycles more than 4,000 tons of corrugated metal and 120 tons of Styrofoam each year to help cut down on world pollution and environmental hazards. Therefore, when you shop at Havertys using Giving Assistant coupon codes, you'll not only get to enjoy savings off your furniture, but you'll also get the satisfaction of knowing that you're contributing to a company that gives to good causes.
Havertys Social Media Links
Havertys on YouTube: Check out Havertys YouTube channel to see the latest company uploads and see videos showcasing some of the company's trendiest furniture collections. You'll also find videos highlight any of the company's current philanthropic efforts as well.
Havertys on Twitter: See all the company's latest tweets by following its twitter account. Respond to tweets with tweets of your own and get instant notification of all the news, happenings and more that the company tweets about.
Havertys on Pinterest:Check out Havertys Pinterest account when you want to get inspiration for your home decoration and to see stunning images of the company's latest furniture collections in boards such as "Rustic Gets Refined by Havertys" and "Apple Green & Blue by Havertys."
Havertys Customer Service Contact Info
866 West Peachtree Street N.W.
Atlanta, GA 30308
Telephone Number: +1 (888) 428-3789