5 Things You Didn't Know About Scholastic Teacher Store
- Scholastic Teacher Express is a resource available to all elementary, middle and high school teachers of virtually every subject and level.
- Scholastic is the company that is famous for hosting book fairs at schools across the nation that allows students to purchase books at school.
- The founder of Scholastic, Maurice "Robbie" Robinson, knew from an early age that he wanted to become a publisher and launched the company relatively quickly.
- The founder's son, Dick Robinson, is the current Chairman, CEO and President of the company that is now a global leader in educational publishing.
- Scholastic publishes the Primary Sources report, which is supposed to ensure that the voice of teachers is at the center of all its dialogue.
How to Redeem a Coupon Code at The Teacher Store
Redeeming a coupon code at Scholastic Teacher Express is relatively easy to do through the checkout process, which you can find detailed in the following steps:
- Add the desired learning tools and resources to your online "Shopping Cart," and click on the shopping cart icon to proceed to the checkout process.
- Confirm that the correct quantity of items is in your shopping cart, and input your coupon code into the "Promotional Codes" text box, and click the gray "Apply" button.
- Click the green "Checkout Now" button, and register for an account or sign in if you already have one.
- Select the shipping method you prefer, input your shipping address and input your billing address if it's different from your billing one.
- Input your billing information, and click the "Submit" button to submit your payment and have it processed.
- Scholastic Teacher Express Outlet/Clearance
Scholastic Teacher Express's website has a permanent section on its site that is always dedicated to merchandise on clearance. This section can easily be accessed by clicking on the "Sale" link from the very top of the Scholastic Teacher Express home page. Within the sale category, you can browse by category filters like grade, subject and type of resource, but if you don't see a certain category filter listed, it's because there aren't any items currently listed for clearance in those areas.
The Teacher Store Review
Leading the forefront of the teacher and educational resource industry, along with competitors like Lakeshore Learning and For Teachers Only is Scholastic Teacher Express. Scholastic Teacher Express is actually a division of the Scholastic Publishing Company that Maurice R. Robinson founded back in 1920. According to Robinson, there wasn't a day that he didn't look forward to the work on his desk and he always knew that he wanted to be in the publishing business.
He began the company in his hometown of Wilkinsburg, which is located right outside of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The company was initially a publisher of youth magazines, and it made its debut on October 22, 1920, airing its first edition of The Western Pennsylvania Scholastic. The first publication covered high school sports and social activities. It wasn't until 1926 that Scholastic published its first book, which was called Saplings. The book was a collection of student writings that had won Scholastic Writing Awards.
In its initial stages, the Scholastic company focused mainly on serving the youth market by publishing cheap paperback books and low-cost magazines, and it hasn't strayed too much from that initial business model. In 1948, Scholastic began its division known as T.A.B., the Teen Age Book Club. The book club offered classic titles at merely $.25 per book. By the 60s, Scholastic was already branching out into the international market with its first international subsidiary being based in Toronto, Canada. Soon afterward, the company followed by opening businesses in England, New Zealand and Sydney.
During the 70s, the company was most known for its Scholastic Book Clubs, which are now known as Scholastic Reading Clubs. These clubs still allow books to be purchased through a service delivered through schools. However, the company also expanded its business to offer teacher resources and learning tools to assist them with teaching through the Scholastic Education division. To top it all off, Scholastic also entered the educational technology market in the 90s, which allows teachers and school to purchase software and other computerized technology for classrooms.
Scholastic has become known as the leading educational publishing platform, and it hosts numerous contests and gives away writing awards to students who demonstrate exceptional writing. It also seeks to give back to the community through its many charities and events that it funds. For instance, Scholastic funds college scholarships and even supports the Green movement under the guidance of the Rainforest Alliance and other influential environmental groups. Some examples of how Scholastic supports the Green movement specifically includes how the company uses paper that has been recycles for at least a quarter of its publications and how it seeks 75 percent of its production to be post-consumer waste.
Shopping at Scholastic is not only a great way to save money on teaching resources and learning materials for students of all ages, but when you shop with Scholastic, you can enjoy the satisfaction of knowing that some of the money you're spending is going towards a good cause.
One of the most popular YouTube videos featuring Scholastic Teacher Express is MY World Preschool - Say Thank You. In this video, the children of the organization, MY World, express their thanks and gratitude to teachers on National Teacher's Day.
Scholastic Teacher Store Social Media Links
Scholastic Teacher Express on YouTube: Check out Scholastic Teacher Express's YouTube channel when you want to see the latest news from the company, see product demonstrations and find out about any charities or events the company's forming.
Scholastic Teacher Express on Facebook: Scholastic Teacher Express's Facebook account is the perfect place to go when you want to read the latest company posts and learn about any upcoming contest, events and sweepstakes that the company's hosting.
Scholastic Teacher Express on Twitter: Go to Scholastic Teacher Express's Twitter page to see the latest company tweets and learn everything that's currently happening with the company.
Scholastic Teacher Express on Instagram: See stunning images of the latest books and events in different settings by checking out Scholastic Teacher Express's Instagram account.
Scholastic Teacher Express on Pinterest: Scholastic Teacher Express's Pinterest account is a great resource for teachers, parents and students alike through boards such as "Open A World Of Possible," "We Have Diverse Books," "Baseball Picks" and "Bob Books."
Scholastic Contact Info
New York, NY 10012
Telephone Number: +1 (212) 343-6100