5 Things You Didn't Know About Williams-Sonoma
- In 2002, the founder of Williams-Sonoma was inducted into the Hall of Fame by the Culinary Institute of America.
- The founder of Williams-Sonoma chose a logo of a woodcut pineapple illustration because the fruit serves as symbol of hospitality.
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. started out selling goods just for the kitchen, but expanded in the early 1980s to include home goods.
- Williams-Sonoma once owned Gardeners Eden – a catalog that offered plants, tools & garden related accessories, but sold it in 1999.
- The founder of Williams-Sonoma has written or edited more than 100 cookbooks; the 1st was a guide to kitchenware published in 1986.
How to Redeem a Coupon Code at Williams-Sonoma
After adding your selected goods to the online 'shopping cart,' you will redeem a Williams-Sonoma coupon code during the checkout process, which is illustrated below:
- Select 'Checkout,' 'Express Checkout' or 'Visa Checkout' to start the checkout process. You may create a new account, sign in as a previous customer for a faster checkout, or continue as a guest.
- When checking out as a guest, you are asked to enter your shipping information. Indicate whether this is also your billing address. Click 'Continue' to proceed.
- Select a delivery option, from Standard or Next Day delivery (which charges an extra $17.50 for merchandise and $8.50 for gift cards only).
- Choose or decline gift wrap services, which incur an added charge. Click 'Continue'.
- Enter credit card details, or opt to pay using a gift card.
- Under the Promotions section, enter your Promotion Code and click 'Apply.' Note that only one code can be used for each order.
- After reviewing your final order, click 'Place Order Now' to complete the transaction.
All sales are final when shopping a Williams-Sonoma 'Outlet' sale, which often offers prices up to 75% off, and starting at 50% off. You can also shop a Williams-Sonoma 'Sale' section, which frequently adds new items, and can contain clearance items marked down up to 75% off original prices for cookware, dinnerware, linen, electric, and bakeware.
Specializing in selling upscale products for the home and kitchen, Williams-Sonoma is the type of retailer often grouped with the likes of Sur la Table, Le Crueuet, and Horchow. Headquartered in San Francisco, Williams-Sonoma has become one of the most recognizable (and largest) e-commerce retailers in the United States, as well as one of the biggest specialty retailers in the world, which includes an online watering hole for those who enjoy shopping high-quality home furnishings and kitchenware at any time of day or night.
The history of Williams-Sonoma Inc. starts in 1956, when the company was originally founded by Charles ('Chuck') E. Williams, who channeled his love of cooking and eating with friends into a small business that opened its first store in Sonoma, California, which sold French cookware not found in America. Today, Williams-Sonoma Inc. now operates more than 600 retail stores across the globe in Canada, Puerto Rico, Australia and the U.K. with some of their brands found in the Middle East and the Philippines.
Customers delight in the expansive line of goods for the home, as well as the company's digital bridal registries. The company is also responsible for the following collection of household names: the more upscale line of Williams-Sonoma Home; home furnishings of Pottery Barn (with separate branded stores for kids and teens); West Elm for modern housewares; convenient gift registries; monogramming by Mark and Graham; and Rejuvenation's home furnishings that include hardware and light fixtures.
In addition to selling well-known brands of high-quality cookware and tools, electric equipment and must-haves for entertaining such as Cuisinart, Swiss Diamond, Waring, Nordic Ware, OXO, Kenwood, KitchenAid, Vitamix, Nespresso and Breville, Williams-Sonoma also sells its own brand of products.
As you browse the site, you will find an assortment of Williams-Sonoma cookbooks; cookware sets handcrafted exclusively in Italy; professional-grade stainless steel fry pans; exclusive American Girl bakeware by Williams-Sonoma; and their Agrarian product line, which focuses on healthy living and food preservation. The Williams-Sonoma Chambers collection centers on fine bed and bathfurnishings, and offers European linens and hotel-quality towels. The company also sells edibles (from Williams-Sonoma salted caramel sauce to gluten-free pancake mix.
Offering inspiration for cooks that includes saute pans, cooking tools, specialty equipment (from ice cream makers to waffle makers), cutlery (like Zwilling J.A. Henckels knives), baking pans, tabletop décor, and outdoor goods, such as pizza ovens and grills, there is no doubt that Williams-Sonoma is a wonderland for cooking and food enthusiasts.
In addition to saving money on discounted goods and cookware sales, you can also stretch your dollars on your next gourmet coffeemaker or formal tableware set when using a Giving Assistant coupon code for Williams-Sonoma items and gifts. Not only can you lower the total cost of your order, but also earn social good karma with your purchases.
Attracting more than 2 million views, the most popular YouTube video featured on the Williams-Sonoma channel is titled 'Using the Zoku Quick Pop Maker and Character Tool Kit' and it highlights just one of the fun kitchen products sold by the company.
Williams-Sonoma Social Media Links
Williams-Sonoma on Twitter: Learn where the next book-signing or seasonal sale takes place by following along with the company's Twitter account.
Williams-Sonoma on Facebook: Join in the discussion with like-minded chefs and food enthusiasts as you explore new book releases, catalogs, and recipes.
Williams-Sonoma on Google+: From browsing the Recipe of the Day to learning about food-related holidays, this page provides an explosion of color and tantalizing edible creations.
Williams-Sonoma on Instagram: Learn about the latest Williams-Sonoma cookbooks, kitchen essentials and cooking tips through a visual catalog of inspiration.
Williams-Sonoma on Pinterest: Browse ideas and inspiration aimed at enhancing your level of creativity in the kitchen, including Boards titled 'Meatless Mains,' 'Something Blue,' and 'Sunny Citrus.'
Williams-Sonoma on YouTube: Follow this channel to learn simple preparation techniques, easy recipe ideas, latest kitchen innovations, and cooking tips (from coffee-making to juicing).
Williams-Sonoma Contact Info
3250 Van Ness Ave.
San Francisco, CA 94109
Telephone Number: (415)-421-7900 or (800)-840-2591